Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    Real legitimacy? Ok. And from what I understand he didn't vote for Trump, but I get it.

I have seen her speak. It's adorable. Which is why she was smart not to engage Shapiro. I'm just pointing out that turning around and slamming it as a 'cat-call' was silly. And frankly, pampering yourself in friendly outlets is just going to mean that it's not hard for someone to come in and tear your stance down. She has little skills in defending her positions.

Anyways AOC is not a boogeyman. You don't usually laugh whenever the boogeyman comes out. People aren't afraid of her policies or ideas and they'd love to sit her down and debate her. She's smart not to do it. And she isn't a strawman - People are using her own statements against her. AOC is someone that ran in a heavily blue district and was given pampering by a friendly media and propped up as the future of the democratic party. She needs to grow some thicker skin, she clearly does not have it.

And yes, respectfully, if people are afraid she'd show up and get shut down because 'Cuckpiro talks to fast' - then the venue is too challenging for her.
    Debating a talking mouth just to legitimize the talking mouth isn't an issue - it isn't even on the radar of serious people. Shaprio is just a talking head with nothing to offer and no policies. He offered her cash to debate because he knows that no one really takes him seriously. He might be a very good debater, even better than AOC - but who cares. What would she get out of debating him?

Can you name three statements she's made that are being used against her?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Although it looks grim now, I am thinking that Trump becoming President is the best thing that could have happened. A President Clinton would have kept the country conservative, just like she is. Moderate conservative, not batshit crazy conservative, but mostly conservative just the same. Instead, Trump is moving the country to the left at a breathtakingly fast pace. It'll take another two elections to sweep away enough republicans to actually start implementing our agenda, but it will take close to that long to iron out all the details anyways.

With a President Clinton - our agenda would be slip sliding away as she did what she had to do to keep the country conservative. What a weird system. The best way to advance our agenda is to let Trump do his … magic?
    Agreed. I don't think the country would have gone conservative because she is conservative, although for a Dem she is. I think it would have gone conservative because the frothing-at-the-mouth right would have figuratively put her head on a pike and campaigned against all the little lies that created against her. She would have been a beacon of the right and people would flocked to the GOP in droves.

Now, like you said, Trump has brought to light everything we already knew about the GOP but couldn't put a finger on. They care nothing for country or policy, just power and money. And I agree, but 2022, we should have them all safely defeated or imprisoned.

I like her. I'd have voted for her.

However, i don;t like this tweet:

I have noticed that Junior here has a habit of posting nonsense about me whenever the Mueller investigation heats up.

Please, keep it coming Jr - it’s definitely a “very, very large brain” idea to troll a member of a body that will have subpoena power in a month.

Have fun!

Don't get me wrong, I want Jr & Sr thrown in jail, but the power she will hold is not to be used for this sort of thing nor should she give credence to that sort of abuse of power.

See, Trump supporters, when a member of my ideology does something wrong I call them out, i don't double down and embrace my inner shitlord.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

@cubby - I mean, fair point. But I don't have the same view of conservatives that you do. I think approaching those audiences to share her vision and learn how to better articulate her points would be good. And again, Shapiro would probably not be the best place for that, but she just doesn't seem to carry much substance behind her words.

As to your second point, we are in a thread about something stupid she has said and I'm sure they'll get their clubs out over what Boda stated. She is a bit of a liability for her own cause because she's a baby seal that is being put up on a platform and the mean republicans are about to go baby seal clubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

I have noticed that Junior here has a habit of posting nonsense about me whenever the Mueller investigation heats up.

Please, keep it coming Jr - it’s definitely a “very, very large brain” idea to troll a member of a body that will have subpoena power in a month.

Have fun!

Don't get me wrong, I want Jr & Sr thrown in jail, but the power she will hold is not to be used for this sort of thing nor should she give credence to that sort of abuse of power.

See, Trump supporters, when a member of my ideology does something wrong I call them out, i don't double down and embrace my inner shitlord.
    This has me facepalming so hard...

And yes, cheers to you. I really don't see people do this very often at all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    @cubby - I mean, fair point. But I don't have the same view of conservatives that you do. I think approaching those audiences to share her vision and learn how to better articulate her points would be good. And again, Shapiro would probably not be the best place for that, but she just doesn't seem to carry much substance behind her words.
    I'm with you on the first point, Shapiro's venue isn't for serious discussions. He's a paid mouthpiece, out for himself first. I'm not necessarily knocking that, he's obviously done well for himself. But a Member of Congress isn't going to debase herself by showing up on a charlatan's forum. She was smart to refuse, and smarter still to refuse publicly and calling him.

Your second point holds no weight, as you have shown no proof of her words carrying or not carrying substance. See below.

As to your second point, we are in a thread about something stupid she has said and I'm sure they'll get their clubs out over what Boda stated. She is a bit of a liability for her own cause because she's a baby seal that is being put up on a platform and the mean republicans are about to go baby seal clubbing.
    Exactly - so finding two more shouldn't be too hard, right? Especially if "[p]eople are using her own statements against her". Right? She got something wrong, oh well. Everyone gets stuff wrong. You're claiming completely illegitimacy based on one misspoken or ill informed statement. Even you know that's wrong.
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-12-08 at 04:26 AM.

Odd

Ocasio-Cortez. 1 in 435. She says something not entirely correct and is called out.

Trump president of USA. Goes on a lie marathon and everyone on the right is like. Yep totally true.
    Last edited by Themius; 2018-12-08 at 04:40 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Odd

Ocasio-Cortez. 1 in 435. She says something more entirely correct and is called out.

Trump president of USA. Goes on a lie marathon and everyone on the right is like. Yep totally true.
    The lie-machine of the GOP right is beyond ridiculous. The case in point you make is their standard operating behavior nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The lie-machine of the GOP right is beyond ridiculous. The case in point you make is their standard operating behavior nowadays.
    Down side: She gets smeared by republicans.

Up side: She proves herself worthy of being noticed, and establishes herself as a quite powerful representative. After all, republicans save their most vicious venom for those that are powerful.

Up side: She wanted to make the point that the US can afford Medicare for All. Republicans are saying we cannot. An awful lot of people are saying why not. And even many Trump supporters now have the thought "Why SHOULDN'T my parents get good health care?".

A lot of the venom is financed by the health care industry. It is no surprise that the mainstream media, the official mouth piece of US corporations, has led the charge in smearing her.

The mainstream media made Trump. Their motivation was: profits. They will do what they can to bring down people that undermine their sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Have fun!

Yeah, I'm not too keen on her taunting someone with a subpoena, even if she has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Odd

Ocasio-Cortez. 1 in 435. She says something not entirely correct and is called out.

That 1 in 435 part is what has me cracking up the most over all the hate directed at her. The GOP is terrified of someone who is about a quarter of one percent of the House, and in their flailing is basically giving her more publicity; like the media did with Trump in 2016.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Down side: She gets smeared by republicans.

Up side: She proves herself worthy of being noticed, and establishes herself as a quite powerful representative. After all, republicans save their most vicious venom for those that are powerful.

Up side: She wanted to make the point that the US can afford Medicare for All. Republicans are saying we cannot. An awful lot of people are saying why not. And even many Trump supporters now have the thought "Why SHOULDN'T my parents get good health care?".

A lot of the venom is financed by the health care industry. It is no surprise that the mainstream media, the official mouth piece of US corporations, has led the charge in smearing her.

The mainstream media made Trump. Their motivation was: profits. They will do what they can to bring down people that undermine their sponsors.
    I agree - she shouldn't be throwing out the subpoena card just to score twitter points. We need to crush the GOP, and Trump, and his crime family, and we need to do with all aggressiveness possible. But it needs to be smart at the same time. That wasn't a smart move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    What the Democrat citizens want:
    Free Health Care
    Free College
    Affordable Housing
    Living Wage

Coincidentally, that is the platform she was running on.
    Dems want free shit, but someone has to pay for that free shit. This means free shit is not really free. I don't want to pay for your shit.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Dems want free shit, but someone has to pay for that free shit. This means free shit is not really free. I don't want to pay for your shit.
    Literally the exact thing taxes are for, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

But why did the GOP increase spending under Trump? I guess they want even more free shit.

I imagine they don't want to pay for your wars, bombs and $21 trillion in Pentagon "accounting errors".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The following is cut and pasted from a Twitter feed. Rashida Tlaib is another freshman democrat.

Rashida Tlaib

@RashidaTlaib

Gary Cohen, former CEO Goldman Sachs addressing new members of Congress today: "You guys are way over your head, you don't know how the game is played."

No Gary, YOU don't know what's coming - a revolutionary Congress that puts people over profits.
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@Ocasio2018

Right now Freshman members of Congress are at a “Bipartisan” orientation w/ briefings on issues.

Invited panelists offer insights to inform new Congressmembers‘ views as they prepare to legislate.

# of Corporate CEOs we’ve listened to here: 4
    # of Labor leaders: 0

9:58 AM - Dec 6, 2018
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

13.2K people are talking about this
    Apparently the incoming freshmen representatives were invited to a "Bipartisan Conference". It seems as if it was set up so that the 1% could lay down the law. Lots of representatives for the CEO groups, none for … well anyone else.

"You guys are way over your head, you don't know how the game is played."

This is just plain a threat. And so the lies against AOC, and any of her allies, seem to be generated not so much by the republicans but by the CEO groups. Republicans are repeating the themes that the mainstream media initiates, but they are more tools of people who wish them harm as much as anything else.
    The ugliness has already started, and it will only get worse over time.

I am hoping that enough Trump supporters peel away from Trump, half a percent at a time. I know that Skroe wants to punish these people, but we don't really have that luxury.

We have to fight hard and ruthlessly against those that continue to support Trump. But very shortly after they switch we need to work WITH them and not against them.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2018-12-08 at 09:35 AM.

I agree - she shouldn't be throwing out the subpoena card just to score twitter points. We need to crush the GOP, and Trump, and his crime family, and we need to do with all aggressiveness possible. But it needs to be smart at the same time. That wasn't a smart move.
    Is she do doing for just points? At worst we know that Junior did some questionable things during the 2016 election that isn't getting investigated.

Look at it this way. Tillerson recently said that Trump asked him to do illegal things and if true I would want to know what he was asked to do and if others where asked similair things that is illegal.

Subpoena the living crap out of Trump and everybody that had something to do with him.

Repubs want free shit too.

- they want farm subsidies
    - they want a wall
    - they want to the military, roads, courts, cops, fire dept., schools, and everything the government provides to be free, since they act as if taxes are stealing
    - they want the most wealthy to get the best tax breaks
    - they want 100s of MORE investigations into Obama and Hillary
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

"I don't want to pay for your shit" is the most ignorant argument someone who wants to keep living in America can possibly make.

You already pay for various public services that you likely never take advantage of, and conversely your neighbors probably pay for public services that you take advantage of but they never do.

If you don't want to contribute your share to services you may or may not need, you need to find another country to live in, because you're already doing it and obligated to do so by law.

Pretty sure 21 trillion in accounting errors is just adding up the nominal value of all the accounting errors, kinda like how Ben Carson found close to a trillion worth of accounting errors in HUD.

Although it looks grim now, I am thinking that Trump becoming President is the best thing that could have happened. A President Clinton would have kept the country conservative, just like she is. Moderate conservative, not batshit crazy conservative, but mostly conservative just the same. Instead, Trump is moving the country to the left at a breathtakingly fast pace. It'll take another two elections to sweep away enough republicans to actually start implementing our agenda, but it will take close to that long to iron out all the details anyways.

With a President Clinton - our agenda would be slip sliding away as she did what she had to do to keep the country conservative. What a weird system. The best way to advance our agenda is to let Trump do his … magic?
    OMG ... Susan Sarandon was RIGHT!??!?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I'm misunderstanding your position, let me know - and my apologies ahead of time if that turns out to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Is she do doing for just points? At worst we know that Junior did some questionable things during the 2016 election that isn't getting investigated.
    No, she's doing it because it's the truth. She just shouldn't be throwing that kind of power around on Twitter.

Donnie Jr "at worst" is going to prison for decades for treason. What news sources have you been listening to lately? The entire Trump family is royally fucked. Federal prosecutors are now looking into whether Cadet Bone Spurs violated multiple laws during the election, just with the porn star payoff. They haven't even gotten into the important stuff.

Look at it this way. Tillerson recently said that Trump asked him to do illegal things and if true I would want to know what he was asked to do and if others where asked similair things that is illegal.

Subpoena the living crap out of Trump and everybody that had something to do with him.
    I'm really starting to question your grasp on current events. THe fucking former SecState said on record that Trump asked him to do illegal things. Not "if true" - that's his statement during an interview. You don't offer that up unless you know it's true.

They have been subpoenaing the crap out of Trump and his family - seriously, what is your news source?
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-12-08 at 05:13 PM.