Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s not an opinion. It doesn’t show a story/plot or action on purpose. It doesnt want to give it away.
    That doesn't necessarily make it underwhelming. Which is what you have been arguing.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Subdued does mean underwhelming. Why are people ignoring this?

Also I'd prefer if they didn't little teasers like this, Marvel has a history of showing to much in trailers. Hell, imagine if you were in theatres the first time you saw Helya break Thor's hammer. Showing that in a teaser was a huge fucking mistake.
    Did you mean "doesnt"?

- - - Updated - - -

Aww, I thought you were done responding to me, lol? It does make it underwhelming because it doesn’t have those things.
    It was such a stupid comment I had to. If you need action and explosions to be "whelmed' thats on you. For me and (likely) most other people the teaser did its job to generate hype for the movie.

Your opinion is valid, its just not one shared by most*. What isnt valid is your assertion of fact.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2018-12-07 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I share her opinion...
    By most* sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord look at you people squabbling over a movie trailer. If you like it that's cool, why do you feel the need to attack people that don't? You being super hyped for it doesn't suddenly make others opinion irrelevant. As for me, it got me decently hyped. More hyped than I have been for a movie in a while. Which for me is special because I haven't been hyped for a movie since Deadpool and before that I don't even remember.

I liked it

Its keeping its cards close to its chest and not spoiling much plus seeing Hawkeye was a badass moment.

This trailer is a cock tease sure but its making me salivate for more.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Did you mean "doesnt"?

- - - Updated - - -

It was such a stupid comment I had to. If you need action and explosions to be "whelmed' thats on you. For me and (likely) most other people the teaser did its job to generate hype for the movie.

Your opinion is valid, its just not one shared by most*. What isnt valid is your assertion of fact.
    No, subdued and underwhelming are one in the same. If you watched a whole movie that was "subdued", you would be rather underwhelmed, wouldn't you.
    You "subdue your expectations" just so you don't get too excited about something.
    Underwhelming isn't a slight against your precious avengers movie, it's a statement that the teaser does nothing to create excitement for the movie. The trailer was subdued, mundane, underwhelming, etc....

OK now i have had my coffee its time for me to analysis what i saw

First off how is Stark adrift in space? Surely Nebula knows how to fly that ship back to earth and if that doughnut ship could take them from earth to Titan in no time then surely Quills ship can too! Hopefully this will be explained

Secondly i like how whats left of the Avengers are now back at home at HQ like they are like Hey what are they gonna do now arrest us HAHA clearly Ross was turned into dust

Thirdly I did cheer when i saw Hawkeye that was a badass moment that i really liked

Forth When Antman turned up you can tell he is gonna be the key to Caps plan whatever that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very underwhelming trailer.
    It's the official *teaser* trailer, not the real trailer

Similar to the teaser for Infinity War, didn't do much but show clips of fighting and Thanos talking

then when the "official" trailer came out, it talked about Thanos wanting to purge half the universe (showed what the film was about)

Give another month or 2 for the official trailer for Endgame.

They had the Thanos armor scarecrow. I'm 100% good with this teaser trailer.

Avengers: endgame, interesting choice. so i take it they thought antman was killed. poor Tony, i wonder who will save him.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I found the trailer very fulfilling. We see the characters at their lowest. They even said they failed. They are defeated, they are broken, they are adrift. We see the outcome of the Snap and their reactions to it. I enjoyed the trailer. Now....... if they keep it like this and keep the story behind closed stores and under wraps, it will build anticipation to see what comes.

And we got a good nugget in Lang being at their door. I mean how did he get out? Who got him out? Was it something he did or something that went Snap. We see a glimpse of just what may be the thing that can undo what was done for Earth at least if not the galaxy. I am eager for the movie and stoked that it will only be 4ish months til its release.

Thanos is in the new Gladiator 2 movie ***CONFIRMED***

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

Damn, why did Cap have to shave again? His look in Infinity War was awesome.

They don’t “spill half the beans” in any of their other trailers and I haven’t found those underwhelming.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, before anyone else gets annoyed about by my “underwhelming” comment, I understand that they’re building up to something with this specific Avengers movie:

Ahead of the first trailer's release in early December 2018, Graeme McMillan of The Hollywood Reporter spoke to the "fevered anticipation" surrounding it. McMillan felt what was so remarkable about the anticipation, was that it was mostly "fan-created, without noticeable direction from Marvel or the filmmakers involved" and that the amount of knowledge surrounding the film without any type of promotion was "a kind of brand awareness that most studios would kill for". Because of this, McMillan urged Marvel not to release any trailers for the film since "the advanced level of enthusiasm that’s already out there for the movie... is only likely to build as it gets closer to" the film's release. That said, he added the eventual release of the trailer would take away the "Schrodinger's cat-esque position... it currently enjoys" as it was "almost guaranteed to disappoint fans, who have by this point built up their own personal trailers filled with whatever moments are essential to their enjoyment of a good teaser".
    Absolutely this. The new trailer was quite meh, especially in comparison to Captain 3's amazing trailer, and didn't embody the melancholy and hopeful futility that surrounded Avengers 3's ending. This trailer didn't feel "subdued" or anything; just meh. Probably would've been best to have no trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    This is to me the most uninteresting movie franchise of all time.
    Also this. The MCU has only had a handful of movies that I'd consider to be even remotely "good" (7/10 or above), and most of them are the ones with Captain America in it. 4/20 films...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    No, subdued and underwhelming are one in the same.
    Fucking hell dude.

Subdued:
    - quiet and rather deflective or depressed
    - soft and restrained

Underwhelming:
    - fail to make a positive impact/disappoint

Google is literally a dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The ones with Captain America in it. 7/20 films...
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    FTFY
    Avengers 1
    Captain 2
    Captain 3
    Avengers IV 3
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-12-07 at 06:41 PM.

End Game, huh? Very clever, use a generic title hinting at complete resolution that will not spoil anything.

Also I like how it doesn't even hint at Spider-man being resurrected but tomorrow we're getting the trailer to Far From Home which happens AFTER End Game but Spidey is like alive and well again. lol

Also just wish they named it Avengers: THE END, End Game makes it sound like a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Damn, why did Cap have to shave again? His look in Infinity War was awesome.
    If this is the last time Evans is in full Cap get up, they probably want him to go out with the more classic clean shaven look for the character.

Hawk VS Thanos
    Thanos gets arrow to the Knee ... Cripple for life
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    End Game, huh? Very clever, use a generic title hinting at complete resolution that will not spoil anything.

Also I like how it doesn't even hint at Spider-man being resurrected but tomorrow we're getting the trailer to Far From Home which happens AFTER End Game but Spidey is like alive and well again. lol

Also just wish they named it Avengers: THE END, End Game makes it sound like a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is the last time Evans is in full Cap get up, they probably want him to go out with the more classic clean shaven look for the character.
    But bearded Chris is sexy Chris

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Avengers 4
    Wow you've seen it? What was it like?