Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Good job Mormolyce. Instead of trying to trying to show how my point was wrong, you decided to catch me in a semantic error.
    It's not a semantic error, you don't understand what you're talking about. That's relevant.

Secondly, even if I concede the point that folks who over stay their visas are undocumented now, they are still here illegally - regardless of whether they entered legally, making them, in the words of the Democrat lead majority opinion you provided - "illegal aliens", which is still a crime. So regardless of your definition of 'undocumented individual" you want to use, you are still wrong.

Like seriously, what did you just say? The colloquial term has "illegal" in it so it must be a crime?

You need me to point out the flaw in that "logic"? LOL.

And you were so close to finally grasping the concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Driving a car isn't a crime, I guess that's not having any negative effects either?
    You just put the goalposts on a plane and flew them to another continent lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's not a semantic error, you don't understand what you're talking about. That's relevant.
    Yeah it was. I meant all who are here illegally, but misspoke and said all who enter illegally. I would assume you are decently intelligent and knew that, but you decided you would win a few internet points regardless.

My point: If you are "undocumented" you are here illegally, which is a crime. (according to the Supreme Court using your link)

Like seriously, what did you just say? The colloquial term has "illegal" in it so it must be a crime?
    Um...yes. Based off the definition of the words illegal and crime. I already put that in this thread in another post you tried to nitpick so you could win. You are still wrong.

You need me to point out the flaw in that "logic"? LOL.
    I'd enjoy seeing you try to make a logical argument why illegal activity =/= a crime. LOL

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Yeah it was. I meant all who are here illegally, but misspoke and said all who enter illegally.
    It doesn't matter what you meant, you were responding to my post. I said undocumented people, you misread that because you didn't understand that the distinction was important.

That exact ignorance is what I was trying to expose when I laid the trap.

Um...yes. Based off the definition of the words illegal and crime.
    And it does not occur to you that a colloquial phrase might not be literally accurate?

P.S. You might want to educate yourself on the subject actually. Illegal and criminal are two different things. People frequently confuse them because the term "illegal" is pretty nebulous.

It doesn't matter what you meant, you were responding to my post. I said undocumented people, you misread that because you didn't understand that the distinction was important.

That exact ignorance is what I was trying to expose when I laid the trap.

And it does not occur to you that a colloquial phrase might not be literally accurate?

P.S. You might want to educate yourself on the subject actually. Illegal and criminal are two different things. People frequently confuse them because the term "illegal" is pretty nebulous.
    Yep, you are the super awesome trap layer. I wandered into your trap and you got me. You win all the internets. So what? I think the first time I was asked what do you put in a toaster, I said "toast"...and then the 10 year old was like, "ha, I got you!! you put bread in a toaster". So yeah, good job.

Now...if we are past your riddle tricks maybe we can talk about the point of the thread and the point I was making.

Also, I'm still waiting for you try to make a logical argument why illegal activity =/= a crime. LOL

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Yep, you are the super awesome trap layer. I wandered into your trap and you got me. You win all the internets.
    I know. Somehow I've pulled the same trick for 50,000 posts and there's still legions of dummies who don't think "hmm I better quickly google this to make sure my facts are straight before I post something he'll gotcha me with".

Then again, I am specifically targeting the ignorant.

I know. Somehow I've pulled the same trick for 50,000 posts and there's still legions of dummies who don't think "hmm I better quickly google this to make sure my facts are straight before I post something he'll gotcha me with".

At least you can admit that you are completely wrong on the actual point, but you do well in word tricks.

~ Daryl Davis

You just put the goalposts on a plane and flew them to another continent lol.
    This entire time I've been responding to you it's been about the negative effects of illegal immigration, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    This entire time I've been responding to you it's been about the negative effects of illegal immigration, so no.
    There are no negative effects, since it's been sourced many times on this forum that immigrants are less likely to engage in criminal activity, as well as "leech" or whatever bullshit meme conservatives use to dehumanize immigrants this month, from government programs. So you should sit down, shut up, and accept the reality that your predecessors were a part of the unskilled, uneducated mongrel horde that invades the US every couple decades to "fundamentally transform" the country from "Real Americans."
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    There are no negative effects, since it's been sourced many times on this forum that immigrants are less likely to engage in criminal activity, as well as "leech" or whatever bullshit meme conservatives use to dehumanize immigrants this month, from government programs. So you should sit down, shut up, and accept the reality that your predecessors were a part of the unskilled, uneducated mongrel horde that invades the US every couple decades to "fundamentally transform" the country from "Real Americans."
    They can be less likely to commit crime and still not be a net positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I thought she hated government... now she wants more of it?

Oh wait, she's pushing racist bullshit.

I do enjoy the irony of anti-government nationalists...
    "Racist" because you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting into semantics when you know exactly what THEY mean is a logical fallacy. You're the ignorant one.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can be less likely to commit crime and still not be a net positive.
    Which has never been shown. Immigration to our country has always been critical to our success as a nation. From brain drain and bringing more productive people into our workforce, we remove the ability of other countries from gaining leverage over us in multilateral trade negotiations. It also helps counter the troughs of workforce participation due to large generations retiring and becoming older.

It revitalizes communities, both rural and urban. Take for example the current crisis rural areas are in now due to young Americans (3rd+ generation progeny of immigrants) leaving their rural towns and living in cities and suburbs. This is the perfect time to enact legislation targeting immigrants to move to these towns to restart their economies, bringing jobs, tax revenue, and culture, restarting the cycle once again. Instead, we get to hear the inane blabbering and doomsday predictions of a countless immigrant horde here to rape and kill real Americans to change it into a shithole.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Which has never been shown. Immigration to our country has always been critical to our success as a nation.
    Legal immigration yes. Not just letting literally anyone in who shows up at the gates. It's funny because we have a clear example currently ongoing that we can look to to see what happens with this in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    "Racist" because you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting into semantics when you know exactly what THEY mean is a logical fallacy. You're the ignorant one.
    No, because of the way she's referring to them (her terrible voice is just an added reason to hate her).

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    He disputed MY claim. He's hoping to flee to semantics to save his pride.

- - - Updated - - -

At least you can admit that you are completely wrong on the actual point, but you do well in word tricks.
    It takes a special kind of delusion to say that after I just proved you factually wrong on the point.

What I'm getting here is that you also don't know what the phrase "moved the goalposts" means.

What I'm getting here is that you also don't know what the phrase "moved the goalposts" means.
    Elaborate on how I did that then.

Elaborate on how I did that then.
    First we're debating whether or not it's a crime, now it's "any negative effects"?

Like, the weakest statement you could possibly make. Icecream has negative effects.

First we're debating whether or not it's a crime, now it's "any negative effects"?

Like, the weakest statement you could possibly make. Icecream has negative effects.
    I was never debating whether or not it was a crime. I guess you just forgot who you were replying to.

Seems like an anchor baby was born the other day

https://www.foxnews.com/us/honduran-...2000-mile-trip

Calling the birth in the U.S. a "big reward" for her family's journey, Serrano-Hernandez told Univision, which documented parts of their journey: “With the faith in God, I always said my son will be born there (in America).”
    As stated in the article the mother is 19 while the father is 20, and this is their second child.
    Last edited by dragonballgtz; 2018-12-08 at 04:57 AM.

I was never debating whether or not it was a crime. I guess you just forgot who you were replying to.
    Your original post that I replied to:

I'm talking about stopping them from crossing the border illegally like so many people seem to want.
    Caught in another lie.

It takes a special kind of delusion to say that after I just proved you factually wrong on the point.
    Yeah, you never disproved my point that illegal activity is a crime. Sorry, you danced around a bunch of word game and then were like "gotcha!! you said entered, but I was talking about people who were already here"...

But in all that, you never proved or even tried to show me that I was wrong. You even offered to show me logically how illegal activity wasn't a crime, and I accepted your offer, and you still didn't.

So yeah, so far you haven't even attempted to disprove my point.

My point: If you are doing something illegal, that's a crime. So whether you are entering a country illegally OR staying in a country illegally, that's a crime.

Still waiting for you to show me how it's not.

~ Daryl Davis