Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Seemingly Huge Exodus to FFXIV

After the Thanksgiving break, my raiding guild broke apart. I also realized "why am I even doing these WQs with god-awful rewards" and my character was as geared as it'll get without M+ or Mythic Uldir (fuck M+). So with that, FFXIV switched from being my secondary MMO to primary, and I must say... I have been seeing a lot of new people. In fact, I have also been talking to a lot of people who left WoW... during BFA. Is FFXIV going to kill WoW? Is there a mass exodus, or am I simply seeing this on Mataeus?

>that weeb shit ever killing wow
    doubt.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    After the Thanksgiving break, my raiding guild broke apart. I also realized "why am I even doing these WQs with god-awful rewards" and my character was as geared as it'll get without M+ or Mythic Uldir (fuck M+). So with that, FFXIV switched from being my secondary MMO to primary, and I must say... I have been seeing a lot of new people. In fact, I have also been talking to a lot of people who left WoW... during BFA. Is FFXIV going to kill WoW? Is there a mass exodus, or am I simply seeing this on Mataeus?
    Please familiarize yourself with this word before you make another topic like this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Of course WQ's give god awful rewards, they always have. Hell even rep gear wasnt worth it as by the time you get to exalted if you have been playing the game right your already way past that item level. I agree F M+. If you have a set group your good to go. Pugging however is a waste of time, and honestly not fun. As to ppl switching from WoW to FFXIV, i doubt it. Alot of people play multiple games. Some play multiple MMO's which means theres going to be some cross over. Some ppl who quit WoW were prolly already playing FFXIV, some may have just joined it. But without numbers for both over the recent months going to be hard to guess which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Please familiarize yourself with this word before you make another topic like this.
    You suffer from lack of reading comprehension.

I mean, he is observing anecdotal evidence and now asking here in this forum if there truly is a mass exodus or not. Let me get the quote since you missed it.

Is there a mass exodus, or am I simply seeing this on Mataeus?
    He is not trying to argue that his anecdotal evidence definitively means there is a huge exodus.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new to see people run to other games when they feel they aren't catered to in another game. As well, ain't feeling the want to return to FFXIV.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Mad people quit WoW -> Try another game -> Notice how bad it is still compared to WoW even though they are cryhards -> People come back to WoW

Happened in every MMO, happened every expansion, happened already with FF, will happen again.

Also did the same thing even though I am not a cryhard and was just bored. FF is just a decent MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >that weeb shit ever killing wow
    doubt.jpg
    This^ /10char

Deleted
    It will not kill wow as there are huge masses of people who just can't appreciate the quality put into FFXIV and just want the familiar blandness that defines wow nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Mad people quit WoW -> Try another game -> Notice how bad it is still compared to WoW even though they are cryhards -> People come back to WoW

Happened in every MMO, happened every expansion, happened already with FF, will happen again.

Also did the same thing even though I am not a cryhard and was just bored. FF is just a decent MMO.
    The difference is that wow feels worse to play now than ever. More and more people are giving up on this game as the devs seem completely out of touch, and there are plenty of other non mmo games out there better than wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    It will not kill wow as there are huge masses of people who just can't appreciate the quality put into FFXIV and just want the familiar blandness that defines wow nowadays.
    Eh quality can be subjective with FF14 too. I appreciate the game a lot since it had to earn a lot of trust back after the 1.0 fiasco.

Some textures on Stormblood are slack as hell. It's not noticeable unless you are a bit eagle eyed though hehe.

Eureka isn't quality content either imo. It's just the same fate, mob, crystal, light and so on grinding we've been doing but in an instance.

I love both games personally. But FF14 has it's fair share of issues just like WoW does.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-08 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m not really interested in weeb games. So I won’t be going to it. But I did recently quit WoW, as did a few others I know. It’s pretty obvious that BfA is bleeding subs due to Blizzard’s poor planning.

wouldn't be suprised - if you aren't active in a raiding guild or a die hard collector this game is utter trash in its current state

Why do you care if it kills WoW?

Play the game and enjoy it. That's what I do with both MMOs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    The difference is that wow feels worse to play now than ever. More and more people are giving up on this game as the devs seem completely out of touch, and there are plenty of other non mmo games out there better than wow.
    Yeh blabla. For you stupid minority. It happens in EVERY ADDON that guys like you crawl out of your holes. "More and more people"....yeh, if you want to see it.

The amount of active players killing raid bosses is higher than in the last three addons at the same timeframe after release, simple facts you can catch from different sites.
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2018-12-08 at 12:02 PM.

Think people are starting to realize MMOs are shit.

Every other game i play atm is better then wow at this stage, it's a joke.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post

FFXIV is a quality game. It may just not be to your tastes. Seeing as it's the 2nd largest MMORPG, at least in the West, it is more than decent in the opinion of a lot of players. WoW players are tourists, they like to try out new MMORPGs, and they rarely stay. But since WoW is apparently leaking subs like a bucket with no bottom, players aren't leaving for a new release just to come back a month later. Now I doubt the majority of them actually starts playing FF, but some are, and some of them are naturally there to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I know it might come as a shock to ppl but u can actually and allowed to play 2 same type of games or even 3 without flaming each other.

/MINDBLOWN

10+ Year Old Account
    No, X is not going to 'kill' WoW... Blizzard will be who 'kills' it, when they chose, Not before. What you are seeing are people that are displeased, as far as 'mass exodus', I doubt it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.