Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Instead of raising gas prices they should make it cheaper to buy electric...
    someone gets it.

Deleted
    Macron reduced taxes for rich and tried to increase taxes for poor. "Environment" is just an excuse to raise taxes for poor, while lowering taxes for rich.

He's like Trump, but without access to Twitter. French elected him because he presented himself as pro-people person, but as soon as he was elected he did a 180 degrees turn. He's a liar and corporate shill.

I hope French people won't stop until Macron resigns.

- - - Updated - - -

That would take a while. Batteries cost a lot. Research and development is very expensive. Cheapest reasonable electric car - Hyundai Kona is far out of reach of normal people.

Musk promised to deliver people's car with Model 3, but they just announced EU pricing: starting price is 58.000 euro. That's exactly what Musk promised... not!

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Shouldn’t matter. The question you should be asking yourself is “Am I part of the human species? Y/N?”

If the answer is yes, then you should stfu and maybe dwell in regret over all that plastic you shit out onto your life sustaining planet.

I have never owned a car. Ever. People need to get fucking serious.

What the fuck do you think scientests mean when they say “change of lifestyle”? Fucking less plush toilet paper? Less packaging on your favorite goods?

Wake the fuck up.
    You're an idiot, the reason people are mad is because these chances will do nothing for the planet but while at the same time decreasing the spending of poor people; people who got a hard time getting by already. They won't drive less because they drive to get to their job and to drop their kids off at school etc. Anyone claiming the french government is doing this for the environment is batshit insane. The biggest win when it comes to environmental issues is regulations for the biggest producers of greenhouse gasses which are businesses, yet for some reason the government haven't event talked with businesses.

It's okay to want people to change their lifestyles and the government should facilitate that but they are doing the opposite because it'll only result in poor people buying more cheap and wasteful products because they don't have the money for the green alternatives. they already didn't but these changes would have made it even worse.

And when you're talking about less packaging for goods you actually got a point, there are products in the market now tripple wrapped where one layer of packaging would have sufficed, if we want the world to change we all have to do our part, demanding the poor to do main lifting while the rich and middle class are continuing to live their extravagant lifestyles is a surefire way to get get nothing done.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't a solution at all, where does this electric power come from? today is mainly comes from fossil fuels ergo it doesn't help the environment as it currently is. Secondly if everybody where to want to drive an electric car we'd run out of materials to produce the terrible batteries they use before even half of the people had an electric car. Thirdly the production of electric cars is much more damaging for the environment then the production of a conventional car at this point especially considering their batteries won't last the lifetime of the car and will have to be replaced at a certain point. All in all what really would help the world is to not buy new products like cars every 10 years but instead drive it for 25 years.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    To all the “environmentalists” in America:

why don’t you talk about this farce that is your sewage system and resulting biosludge? You should be rioting every week...

Maybe you should get your hands on yellow vests too?

I find it incredibly ironic how the USA can allow this to happen, yet proclaim itself to be working to improve the environment. The only thing most countries care about is economy, not environment. And pollution, not some global warming or CO2 is the most important issue we have in the world.

As long as the “most powerful nation on Earth” continues to do this, it’s all a bad play.
    "In the name of profits we're brewing up a perfect literal shitstorm for future generations and selling it to you as eco-friendly"
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    You're an idiot, the reason people are mad is because these chances will do nothing for the planet but while at the same time decreasing the spending of poor people; people who got a hard time getting by already. They won't drive less because they drive to get to their job and to drop their kids off at school etc. Anyone claiming the french government is doing this for the environment is batshit insane. The biggest win when it comes to environmental issues is regulations for the biggest producers of greenhouse gasses which are businesses, yet for some reason the government haven't event talked with businesses.

It's okay to want people to change their lifestyles and the government should facilitate that but they are doing the opposite because it'll only result in poor people buying more cheap and wasteful products because they don't have the money for the green alternatives. they already didn't but these changes would have made it even worse.

And when you're talking about less packaging for goods you actually got a point, there are products in the market now tripple wrapped where one layer of packaging would have sufficed, if we want the world to change we all have to do our part, demanding the poor to do main lifting while the rich and middle class are continuing to live their extravagant lifestyles is a surefire way to get get nothing done.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't a solution at all, where does this electric power come from? today is mainly comes from fossil fuels ergo it doesn't help the environment as it currently is. Secondly if everybody where to want to drive an electric car we'd run out of materials to produce the terrible batteries they use before even half of the people had an electric car. Thirdly the production of electric cars is much more damaging for the environment then the production of a conventional car at this point especially considering their batteries won't last the lifetime of the car and will have to be replaced at a certain point. All in all what really would help the world is to not buy new products like cars every 10 years but instead drive it for 25 years.
    Okay well when the french government starts nerfing french luxeries and the protests start up again, get back to me.

People are going to riot like fucking children no matter what they do. Humans have grown too accustomed to luxurious living. People will fucking riot the moment you start to take things away.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how the OP calls these protests anti-environmentalists.

It’s the same kind of language fallacy that would label the French resistance during WW II as xenophobic.

It's weird how much of this could've been prevented if we didn't have the anti-nuclear movement. Instead we got forced to be reliant on fossil fuels and coal mines.

Isn’t that a silly reason to screw up our own planet?[/QUOTE]

It puts a smile on my face every day, blasting off from a stop when the light goes green. It also brings me joy that hippie leftists don't like it. Thus it is making me happy in two ways and is worth the money. The planet can take it. A handful of V8s aren't the problem. 2.6 billion Chinese and Indians are doing more harm than the USA is.

Deleted
    You are so wrong.

In France most electricity comes from nuclear power plants. Its much more environment friendly than fossil fuels.

Yes, batteries production is also dirty, but then you forget to take into account oil production when you are doing your comparison. Car batteries do have limited life span, which is something like 7-8 years, but so do regular engines that require frequent oil replacements, which guess what... also not environment friendly.

Overall electric cars, while not perfect, are much much cleaner than smallest petrol cars. Electric cars are new, there is a lot of research going on right now, so eventually I'm sure they will be much much cleaner than today's electric cars, which are already much much cleaner than petrol cars.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take what you want from this video but it seems to be quite interesting, and that the protests are about more than what the OP is claiming..

15+ Year Old Account
    This title is a textbook example of how to misrepresent news to influence gullible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post

It’s the same kind of language fallacy that would label the French resistance during WW II as xenophobic.
    Xenophobic? No.

However it is ironic that it seems like the french are very good at rebelling against internal forces, but never the external.

Ask them to topple their government with violence and protest and they will do so with great results.

Ask them to fight fucking Nazis invading their country? Eh, they’ll create a resistance or some shit, but only after instantly surrendering.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    This title is a textbook example of how to misrepresent news to influence gullible people.
    Yup pretty much the title of this thread is one of those classic clickbait titles that you see a lot on Youtube..

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post

I bet he admires and sympathizes the lower classes that suffered in the pre-french revolution days.

No one tell him how his "anti-environmentalist" spin is as fucked up as "let them eat cake".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Yep and every single news organisation is using that today. Quality journalism is dead.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I bet he admires and sympathizes the lower classes that suffered in the pre-french revolution days.

No one tell him how his "anti-environmentalist" spin is as fucked up as "let them eat cake".
    And we all know what happened to Marie Antoinette once the revolutionaries got a hold of her..

The #1 problem facing western civilization is that the public suffers from a loss of trust in its institutions. It is afflicted by a deep split between left and right. It is a house divided against itself. Russia and China may be weaker, but they have unified cultures with a clear sense of identity and know who they are and what they want to be. What should happen in the 21st century is China and Russia will take advantage of the fractured culture in the west. They will side with the alt right and in return claim the throne as the world's superpower. China's goal is to be the world's superpower and taking advantage of the split culture in the west is the obvious conduit to power.

The only question is what sparks the change? Maybe Trump, or maybe a gas tax in France. Could be anything. But they are ready to proceed.

You can quibble about if Trump is good or bad, or if a gas tax is good or bad, but that's not seeing the big picture.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Please talk all you want. I encourage you.

I have a box of indusdry approved breathers that I bought for wearing in the summer time these past few years.

Like seriously say what you fucking want. It won’t change anything. I am beyond the point of caring.

The human race is dead. I am spending my days stocking up on food and water as well as welding giant spikes to my car, in preperation.

You know I used to think that America was pretty bad but over the past few days, french people have proven me wrong.

The tax is to help prevent the apocalypse by the way. Just throwing that out there.

The tax does nothing except give the government more money. People are still paying for gas right? Maybe outlawing gas would do what your claiming this tax does, but thats not what this is about, its clearly about #1 getting the government more money and #2 trying to get the failing tech industries that cant turn a profit because everyones still using gas some more customers. Thats all this tax does. And its not working.

XangXu i suggest you stop traveling in any vehicle that uses gas.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please talk all you want. I encourage you.

I have a box of indusdry approved breathers that I bought for wearing in the summer time these past few years.

Like seriously say what you fucking want. It won’t change anything. I am beyond the point of caring.

The human race is dead. I am spending my days stocking up on food and water as well as welding giant spikes to my car, in preperation.
    You're prepared to enjoy the decline. Whoopity doo.

It doesn't change my point that you're a douche that's out of touch with the French working class, which was the point of my post.