Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    WOD actually started off amazing, and was one of the best expansions for the first month.
    They had good systems in place, it easily could have been a top expansion, if they hadnt rushed it out and cut a ton of content before release, a lot of people dont realise just how much content ended up getting cut.

The problem with BFA is that all the new systems either suck e.g warfronts,azerite, island expeditions, class design or they are just copied from legion and people are burnt out on it e.g. mythic+ and world quests.
    Thats why no one really cares about this patch, because you cant polish a turd.

As it stand right now id consider this expansion the worst, because it was never good to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    well....i was still playing during WoD

and i liked how my classes played...so...

fuck i miss WoD

thats not good
    This.

I was bored in beta after about 20 minutes, I don't know how anyone can still play BfA.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

In WoD all classes were fun to play, in BfA they are horribly designed. Nothing else to add really.

It's too early to say.

WoD had a pretty great launch - server issues aside - and other than grumblings over being stuck in your Garrison, you almost never hear a bad word about 6.0. The problems arose in everything that came after launch, or rather, the lack thereof.

BfA has had a pretty terrible launch, but it's possible (however unlikely) that the patch content may well salvage what's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    It's too early to say.

WoD had a pretty great launch - server issues aside - and other than grumblings over being stuck in your Garrison, you almost never hear a bad word about 6.0. The problems arose in everything that came after launch, or rather, the lack thereof.
    So great that people were stuck for days because they couldn't get into their garrison because Blizzard for some reason thought it would be a great idea to bombard the instance server with single instances for every single player on the entire world.

Which also meant that the many solo scenarios in story quests didn't work due to lack of free instance server slots, either.

I think it's more down to most people having since forgotten about the various issues that plagued WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    It's too early to say.

BfA has had a pretty terrible launch, but it's possible (however unlikely) that the patch content may well salvage what's there.
    A great launch? What? You can't just throw "server issues aside" when those server issues meant you could not get progress the first quest line (Garrison) for hours. Possibly worst launch in this regard.
    Its funny you say you never heard about grumblings besides garrison at 6.0, because that was the entire game besides the raids. The daily system (Apexis Shards) were more irrelevant than farming Azerite is now.

I'm having a blast in BFA. The classes I've played (Lock, DH, DK, Pally) are fine. I enjoy them quite a bit.
    The first raid has been fun! I like the Warfront.
    I don't mind Azerite armor, though it's not an amazing system.

Island expeditions are underwhelming, but I don't feel like I HAVE to run them.

The game is fun for me. I feel like I have plenty to do, but most of it is optional, so I don't feel obligated to play more than I want to.

I didn't play WoD, so I won't comment there. I think all of you who are doom and gloom about BFA are being more than a little silly.

They are both no0t so well

7+ Year Old Account
    WOD was cancelled less than 1/3 of the way through. It wasn't even a full expansion. It looks like, as mediocre as the content is, BFA will at least be a full expansion. At least there is content there to be mediocre. With WOD, you got to 100, and either did a raid, levelled an alt, or logged off, because there was precisely zero non-raid max level content. Until mythic dungeons came in with the first and only content patch, but by then they were too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    I honestly believe that Blizzard has some amazing things in store for BfA, and that they're keeping them under tight wraps
    This is part of the problem. An expansion should be good from beginning to end. Instead we get expansions that start of terribly but finish on a high note. We could "put up" with it in Legion, but we (rightly) no longer have the patience for this design approach.

In short: Fuck Ion's "grand schemes"

Easily BfA.

When you have to completely revamp the azerite system this early into the expansion, you know it's a giant fail. Not to mention the island expeditions, another main feature of this expansion being completely ignored after week 1. Even leveling and progressing your character, feels like you're taking a giant step down instead of moving up from Legion. We've lost way more than we've gained from the expansion transition and i'm not even talking about secondary stats.

At least WoD kept people around for a month. BfA barely kept people around after release.
    Last edited by Metta World Peace; 2018-12-08 at 03:23 PM.

Bfa is a great expansion. It's just that people are bored to their gills with wow so they think it's because it's a boring exp.

Hence all the "herp derp vanilla was best".

Deleted
    No Chance. WoD, Cata and MoP were so bad it cant compete with BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Interesting to see how few people in this thread even take into account that BfA isn't even 4 months old yet, and are perfectly happy comparing it to WoD as it was after it's entire run, NOT how it was at start.

To answer the question : WoD was worse. Even though a lot of BfA's content may not be for everyone, at least it's there. WoD hardly had anything.

Ehh, no. Consider the fact that vast majority of the human population is made of sheep, and that all the forums, reddits, and the like, are just one giant echo-chambers, and even if the product was great, there will be people dissatisfied with it, and those are the people that are usually the loudest. People that are satisfied with the game are usually busy playing it, instead of running around forums and complaining. And then a lot people who are in the middle, who like the game well enough, but maybe aren't "crazy" about it, keep reading all the negativity, and it starts impacting them, and they end up hating the game too. And yet, when you ask them why they hate the game, they either list things that make no sense, that are not true, or that they themselves like but somehow are listing them as negative things, because the rest of community dislikes them.

The last one is particularly true, and I see it everywhere, with casuals who complain about things that are targeted at them, because hardcore players complain about them. Yet the casuals wouldn't even play the game in the first place without all the catch-ups an titanforges and LFRs and the like.
    You quoted part of my response. I also commented on how much more griping there is now with less subs. It’s not like there wasn’t a platform to bitch in wotlk. The game was just more appealing to the masses then. It’s anecdotal, but it seems there is 10 times more bitching with less subs. That is a huge problem.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; 2018-12-08 at 03:57 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's still too early to tell. That being said, I have unsubbed. BFA is just not holding my interest unfortunately, it feels very bare.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    It's not so easy to say, honestly.

WoD had better questing, better PvPing, better class balance (Not that It made It great, previous expansions did a better job than WoD when It came to class balance), you had better gear progression, a seemless flow from one zone to another that made sense and the stories were all connected In each zone.

But ever since Legion, zones don't connect together anymore In meaningful ways, they're like their own zones disconnected from the bigger part of the expansion. Legion zones hardly connected to the rest In any meaningful way, storywise or other. So do BfA zones. And going back to each zone doing World Quests that used to be regular or story quests as well as "Rares" you found on your leveling path Is frankly Insulting.

So In comparison, among these two expansions, WoD Is better. And just for context, my expansion rating Is as follows from best to worst: TBC - Wrath - Vanilla - Mists - Cata - WoD - Legion - BfA

The last three expansions In my view are some of the absolute worst pieces of garbage Blizzard has put out and It's not getting better yet. Mists was the last "Okay" expansion due to It's surprisingly fun gameplay loop, class balance, patch cycle and story. Despite the pandaland theme I did like It In the end I must admit. But everything after Mists, sucked butt.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.

Next week, BFA will have already had more content in its first four months than WoD had in nearly two years.

Get real, people.
    the problem is not with amount of upgrades but with their quality.

yes you are geting new stuff to do - if you are raider. if you are not you have 1 warfront to do every 3rd week.

no new dungeons no new world content no way to progress your toons outside of raids/mythic +

there is 0 difference between Wod and Legion and Bfa

if you are not a hardmode doin player there is nothing for you in this game to do .

this is 3rd iteration of exacly the same system . only this time its failing badly if even the most hardcore parts of playerbase are dissapointed with this .

shame they are to stubborn to bring back VP/badges back into game - it would heal up a lot of this imidiately giving people who dont hardcore play anything worthwile to do in game.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-12-08 at 03:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread proves that this forum is full of WHINERS of the worst kind. BfA is worse than Legion? How the fuck is that remotely possible when it has WAY MORE features and way more content than WoD? Really guys, stop this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the problem is not with amount of upgrades but with their quality.

yes you are geting new stuff to do - if you are raider. if you are not you have 1 warfront to do every 3rd week.

no new dungeons no new world content no way to progress your toons outside of raids/mythic +

there is 0 difference between Wod and Legion and Bfa

if you are not a hardmode doin player there is nothing for you in this game to do .

this is 3rd iteration of exacly the same system . only this time its failing badly if even the most hardcore parts of playerbase are dissapointed with this .

shame they are to stubborn to bring back VP/badges back into game - it would heal up a lot of this imidiately giving people who dont hardcore play anything worthwile to do in game.
    "if you're a raider"
    "nothing to do outside raids and mythic+!"

what the fuck do you legitimately think the game is about? go play hello kitty island adventure. i highly doubt you understand even a sliver of what "hardcore" players play the game for.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    WoD (for what I hear) was like going on vacation on a paradise-like island with first-class catering and hotel service, but only for a couple of days.

BfA is like going on vacation for two weeks but on an asmathic car that can barely make 10 miles without breaking, and spending the night on a third-category, flea-infested hovel. Sure, you have a lot more time (i.e. content) to spend on vacations, but does it make up for how !@#$ty is the experience as a whole?
    That's really apt, I like it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.