Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Civil unrest and civil wars are a big possibility but it is not necessarily going to lead to the western world collapsing just like revolutions of old didn't cause it to collapse.

The western civilization will end eventually though, due to demographic trends we can observe right now. Non-white population is growing bigger and bigger in comparison and it's only a matter of time we become extinct or closed in reservations like native americans.
    S.H.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, just a new order. The snake egg grows.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

with our advancements in modern medicine and ability to guard ourselves from disease, id say the the biggest worry is a virus that we cant stop. we are consuming to much and raping the land dry. eventually nature will counter our imbalance. it will take time for the virus to evolve to counter our advanced medicines. viruses mutate and evolve fast. some of the worst of the worst viruses have genetic mutations every 3-4 years. staph infection a bacteria permanently adapts to our medicines every 20 years or so. all the shit the OP posted can be solved if humans just got along.

Deleted
    Hell is upon man, cascading layers of absurdity make it impossible to make sense of the world in its current state. And the decline, slowly but steadily is in motion.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as game sales plummet... this and every forum and YouTube channel are empty of views. As soon as your biggest struggle is survival in general, not in a Fortnite game. Who has time to riot, when it’s raid night?

These guys will riot, while third world countries don’t, while eating dirt? Yeah, ego > reality... a collapse means there is no one to whine to, because your ass got fired for running around fascists with tiki torch.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    5 years. Or 50. Maybe 500? Depends how quickly continued growth becomes unsustainable.

One thing’s certain, the more we rely on other countries and trade deals at the expense of self-sufficiency the harder the fall will be.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-12-08 at 04:46 PM.

Depends what you mean by collapse.

I think we're well on the way, but I don't think we'll see most people actually being affected for a decade or two. By which I mean, I reckon we'll see declining unemployment across that period, but I don't see 'anarchy in the streets' for a couple decades. That won't happen until it becomes clear to all that the political/elite class aren't keeping their interests in mind, and normal people get desperate enough.

On the other hand, if climate change gets as out of control as expected, I reckon most of what we consider western civilisation will collapse within a decade of the end of the century. I'm sure humanity will survive it, and maybe even learn from it, but there will be a long period of adapting to the new environment and trying to fix things at that point, assuming we can.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With how things are going not too far off, and in some cases the sooner the better..

There are very serious issues. But I also think there is fear and hysteria caused by the media, internet, social media. Especially the political hysteria in the US; it spreads to other places.
    Also, information overkill. One of these days, I'm going to shut it all out and live in blissful ignorance for a while.

very close i would say, the entire western economic system have screwed the 99% for decades and we see on the streets and the ballot box lately. the only way to save the western civilization is by a very strong left wing politics aimed at redistribution of wealth from the rich to the working poor.

We must stop the pandering to the ruling elite the sooner we do that the faster we can fix the problems that are destroying the western civilization. We fail to do this common sense solution the fascists and the nazists will come in and blame it all on non white people and they will destroy democracy very fast. Thats the choice folks you solve the problem with good solid left wing policys or you watch the nazism come in and destroy it all blaming it all on the immigrant and the muslim or what ever scapegoat they like to blame it on while they gladly enjoy sitting at the top of system screwing the 99% over and over again.

lets just hope folks are smart enough to not fall for the right wing lies

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u seriously consider russia a military threat to europe ?
    there is no major power war anymore since the age of nukes, if u want to be 'accurate' here, it is a nuclear winter threat then, if russia try to invade europe, france at least will send nukes, and russia nuke back, and then usa and china of course join the nukefestival and before u know it fallout is reality
    Why would USA and China start nuking each other if Russia and France did? Why would France want to nuke Russia if it attacked eastern Europe? This is all assuming Russia is capable of attacking any country with a functioning military, since its army is in a gutter and won't get better. The only advantage Russia really has over European part of NATO is that it is a single nation army, not an alliance that was never tested in actual war. In any case, if nukes are EVER used in war, it will be on a tactical scale, and it's more likely to be used to fry the electronics, not kill people. This isn't WW2 era when you had hundreds of thousands/millions of soldiers operating around a single city, and this kind of warfare won't come back unless we do actually go back 100 years in terms of technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only when the masses lose their Instagrams, Facespaces and Pokemon Gos will they rise up. Got to put down the phone before you can pick up a weapon or sign.

The fact that some people are obsessed with nonsense like the 'decline of the west" only shows how good we've had it for the past few generations. If you were fearing for your life in the trenches, watching your children starve and half of the population was getting wiped by incurable diseases, you would not have the time to post this bs on the internet. Look at history and get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    How close are we to the collapse of the Western world according to you?

Compared to WWI and WWII? We're pretty far away from that.

Outside of a big war, there's nothing that can make the West collapse.

The only threats I can see are Russia, who doesn't have any money, and China. China could mess up the world if they wanted, my guess is they don't want to mess it up.

If you believe there's going to be a collapse, put your money where your mouth is. Short all the major stocks. If your prophecy is correct, you'll come out the big winner.
    China can only mesh around until It touch USA or Russia balls too much and one decides to transform china into a nuclear wasteland

7+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the doomsaying prophecies. There's a new one ever day...

Deleted
    War happens even now, just because it's not in US or EU doesn't mean world is at peace. Western world will collapse soon unless people realise that if they unite they can change everything. But people are weak and scared. Patriots are called nazi. If WW3 would break into western countries I wonder who would fight for their country when a lot of people are brainwashed into thinking that keeping national traditions is racist/facist etc.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    none cares about trans people

that kind of stuff should just not be exposed to children and promoted in the education system
    Pretty much what folks said about gay folks being a thing and racial equality. Jeez, you guys would think you'd come up with something new after all these decades.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    we don't have classes promoting gay sex in schools
    I didn't mention gay sex. The fact that you went there is a reflection of your terrible character, though.

people are trying to push for classes telling kids they can change their gender its a little bit different

if you confuse a kid and they start taking medication it could disfigure them for the rest of their adult lives
    Someone's never read WPATH, and probably gets his information about trans folks from The Federalist or something.

The west will slowly collapse because of all the enrichment we get every year from africa / middle east. We will be dead when this happens but our kids and their kids will have to deal with the problem we let into our borders.

Nah—the world has always been in turmoil of some type. This too shall pass.