Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im still a nub on trading, so I have to ask, why is it so expensive if it only has one resistance? I thought the best items had +life, +res1, + res2 .
    Generally yes, but the enchants are what make the deal here (4link isn't rare nowadays) because this item is effectively a 6link. You then have +hp and +res which are nice and while not perfect you can easily bypass through it via other items, auras, passives, flask etc.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Generally yes, but the enchants are what make the deal here (4link isn't rare nowadays) because this item is effectively a 6link. You then have +hp and +res which are nice and while not perfect you can easily bypass through it via other items, auras, passives, flask etc.
    Ah ok.

So, another quick question, when it says 40% more RF damage, does that mean the damage # on the gem +40%, or +40% of total damage?

Ah ok.

So, another quick question, when it says 40% more RF damage, does that mean the damage # on the gem +40%, or +40% of total damage?
    I think it's multiplicative but i'm not really sure. Anyway it's huge. Also super rare to farm since you can get it only in Eternal Lab and it's basically random = farming it lots of times.

Im still a nub on trading, so I have to ask, why is it so expensive if it only has one resistance? I thought the best items had +life, +res1, + res2 .
    Its actually cheap because its not even T1 rolls on Life/Resist.

That helm is created with an https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence.

In order for that Essence to drop, it requires a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Remnant_of_Corruption essence in order for the corruption to convert it into the extra rare one.

The extra rare one is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Horror

Which provides the "Socketed Gems deals 30% more elemental damage" which is quite expensive itself.

Then you have to keep applying it until it randomly pops the other stuff you need.

Its like an Orb of Alchemy but with standard 30% more elemental damage.

You also should be doing this onto an ilvl 84-86 (Depending on item) in order to have a chance to proc all the T1 affixes and it has to be an Elder/Shaped one depending what you want to craft.

The "Socketed" things are Elder/Shaped only.

This helm has Burning Damage+ Conc Effect which makes it a 6link+30% more elemental damage which makes it like a 7link.

In other words he can now wear Righteous Fire 6link on his helm without even counting the "30% more" which leaves 6 slots for whatever on his chest, another massive bonus.

"More" in PoE is multiplicative multiplier, "increased" is additive to the damage.

Therefor anything "more" in poe is insanely OP.

The Labyrinth enchant is just some extra damage, its not insane as "More" but its very very strong depending on the ability and how much you have scaled it with your build.

Despite the above he even rolled a T1-T2 Life, and a T2 or T3 resist, making it even better.

I was banned the last 5 days so couldnt respond earlier but generally, PoE has insane depth which becomes really easy when you understand some basics for the questions you asked the last few days.

As example you said "Best items are life+ res+res", this is true when you are new and have no idea how the game works but the general rule is that its not true :P

The few things make new players do is going for damage on their tree, its a bad idea, go for survivability ,the damage comes with sockets and levels.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-12-07 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting resist capped can be done via skill points, jewels, and other item slots. If it was up to me I would Annul the +res off (though my luck I'd end up removing something else) and put just about anything else there instead. I'm already resistance capped so I don't care about it, though having it there may mean I can look for replacement gear in another slot to move the cold res around for something else.

So I was looking over the patch notes and something dawned on me: the new Heirophant notable + multi totem drop gem = up to 4 totems dropped at once? If that's the case, I'm spec'ing my Heirophant to Arc Totems lol. It might not be the highest DPS, but it will be a lot easier to play than spending the time to drop them one at a time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok.

More is multiplicative and increased is additive.

There is only one exception and that is when it says an enemy takes increased damage, that is also multiplicative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    More is multiplicative and increased is additive.

There is only one exception and that is when it says an enemy takes increased damage, that is also multiplicative.
    ...I've been playing this game off and on since launch and always wondered about the different wording...now I know.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its actually cheap because its not even T1 rolls on Life/Resist.

That helm is created with an https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence.

In order for that Essence to drop, it requires a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Remnant_of_Corruption essence in order for the corruption to convert it into the extra rare one.

The extra rare one is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_of_Horror

Which provides the "Socketed Gems deals 30% more elemental damage" which is quite expensive itself.

Then you have to keep applying it until it randomly pops the other stuff you need.

Its like an Orb of Alchemy but with standard 30% more elemental damage.

You also should be doing this onto an ilvl 84-86 (Depending on item) in order to have a chance to proc all the T1 affixes and it has to be an Elder/Shaped one depending what you want to craft.

The "Socketed" things are Elder/Shaped only.

This helm has Burning Damage+ Conc Effect which makes it a 6link+30% more elemental damage which makes it like a 7link.

In other words he can now wear Righteous Fire 6link on his helm without even counting the "30% more" which leaves 6 slots for whatever on his chest, another massive bonus.

"More" in PoE is multiplicative multiplier, "increased" is additive to the damage.

Therefor anything "more" in poe is insanely OP.

The Labyrinth enchant is just some extra damage, its not insane as "More" but its very very strong depending on the ability and how much you have scaled it with your build.

Despite the above he even rolled a T1-T2 Life, and a T2 or T3 resist, making it even better.

I was banned the last 5 days so couldnt respond earlier but generally, PoE has insane depth which becomes really easy when you understand some basics for the questions you asked the last few days.

As example you said "Best items are life+ res+res", this is true when you are new and have no idea how the game works but the general rule is that its not true :P

The few things make new players do is going for damage on their tree, its a bad idea, go for survivability ,the damage comes with sockets and levels.

Yeah, I need a lot more exp with PoE. I will be playing it a lot more now that we know the Diablo franchise is dead.

Ok patch downloaded, ready to play.....aaaand in a queue. Message says that volumes are like 50% more than usual so they had to put a queue to have stable servers.

I suppose people are actually trying to play and get a grasp of this game

EDIT: 7k ppl for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok patch downloaded, ready to play.....aaaand in a queue. Message says that volumes are like 50% more than usual so they had to put a queue to have stable servers.

I suppose people are actually trying to play and get a grasp of this game

EDIT: 7k ppl for now.
    Wonder how many came from a SANCTUARY.... EH?

I think I'm gonna do Witch actually. Found an "arc" build that seems simple enough for a novice like me to get to grips with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought a corrupted unique and went to the new crafting cart to change the socket colors, which you could do before the 3.5 patch with level 8 Vorici. It shows that it requires Vaal Orbs, but whenever I try, it fails.

What needs to be done in order to change socket colors now?

Just learned the PS4 release is delayed until Feb, Rip.

Looking forward to it finally hitting PS4 when it does.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just learned the PS4 release is delayed until Feb, Rip.

Looking forward to it finally hitting PS4 when it does.
    I was a little upset about that... but tbh, between Christmas and RDR2 I wouldn’t have the time to really dig in. So by the time it actually comes out,I should be done with all that and ready to dive right in!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I just bought a corrupted unique and went to the new crafting cart to change the socket colors, which you could do before the 3.5 patch with level 8 Vorici. It shows that it requires Vaal Orbs, but whenever I try, it fails.

What needs to be done in order to change socket colors now?
    I thought the point of corrupted items was that they couldn't be modified any further?

I have to say, this season/expansion/whatever is the most fun the game has felt since I started playing. Lots of diverse content, lots of loot, lots of fun. I have a cell phone, but it didn't ask me to use it to play. On top of the ARPG world.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I thought the point of corrupted items was that they couldn't be modified any further?

I have to say, this season/expansion/whatever is the most fun the game has felt since I started playing. Lots of diverse content, lots of loot, lots of fun. I have a cell phone, but it didn't ask me to use it to play. On top of the ARPG world.
    You can't just use orbs on them, but we have always had the ability to use the Vorici bench to change the sockets. It just costs and equal amount of Vaal Orbs in order to do so. And currently it shows that it costs Vaal Orbs, it shows that it's a valid enchant, but whenever I try to use it it fails.

Ok, perused the PoE forums and in the Bugs section someone already commented on this, and one of the GGG people said they're looking into it.

So I've only gotten my RF Jugg and Arc Totem Heirophant up to par so far. It's costing me a small fortune - I've spent almost 300ex so far, and I STILL need to buy that helmet I linked earlier. The dude keeps dropping the price so I'm hoping he'll drop it down to at least 200ex, and then I'll buy it. Anyway, both chars are running decently, so I decided to hit up my Golemancer Elementalist Witch. Bought The Primordial Chain, replacing a Presence of Chayula. Having three extra golems is just silly. Anyway, I noticed something and I'm not sure if it's a bug or just insane luck, but I ran a T14 map (can't recall which), and in that run I had 2ex, 5 Chaos, and 4 uniques drop. On one freaking map. I have NEVER had that sort of luck. The other two chars haven't seen anything of note drop since the patch hit.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2018-12-08 at 11:24 PM.

Eh, RNG is probably RNG, nothing out of ordinary on my end so far. Some dude on reddit did have 3 mirrors drop at once, but that seems just current league shenanigans.

good season? thinking of making a caustic arrow build but been so busy with werk havent started yet.

Dont you guys have phones

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    good season? thinking of making a caustic arrow build but been so busy with werk havent started yet.

Dont you guys have phones
    "Don't you have nets, exile?"

A new favorite quote from Einhar.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    "Don't you have nets, exile?"

A new favorite quote from Einhar.
    Oh I know, I fucking lost it the first time I heard that.

Good thing GGG decided to go for the extra server capacity, atm the player count is higher than it was at launch by almost 10k, and sitting at tenth most viewed on twitch