Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you believe WoW can make a comeback?

So, I was farming old mounts and xmogs, because that's all there is to do in this game nowadays, when I wondered if there was any point. Why was I bothering to farm rewards for an account in a game that may never again be worth playing?

We have good reason to believe that Blizzard is losing more and more autonomy as their games lose steam (Overwatch is no longer the FotM, SC and HotS are dead, Diablo is in a coma and WoW is in the worst state it has ever been) and almost all of the founders, the people who created the games that made Blizzard what it is, have left at this point.

Do any of you believe that WoW will ever be good again? Obviously, it will probably never reach the heights of BC and Wrath again but do you think Blizzard has the competency, resources and/or autonomy to make something that comes close to MoP or Legion in terms of quality?

Personally, I think it's possible but not without a massive overhaul to the team, their design philosophy and character progression.

If you think BFA is good, that's fine, everyone makes mistakes but this thread isn't for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    So, I was farming old mounts and xmogs, because that's all there is to do in this game nowadays, when I wondered if there was any point. Why was I bothering to farm rewards for an account in a game that may never again be worth playing?

We have good reason to believe that Blizzard is losing more and more autonomy as their games lose steam (Overwatch is no longer the FotM, SC and HotS are dead, Diablo is in a coma and WoW is in the worst state it has ever been) and almost all of the founders, the people who created the games that made Blizzard what it is, have left at this point.

Do any of you believe that WoW will ever be good again? Obviously, it will probably never reach the heights of BC and Wrath again but do you think Blizzard has the competency, resources and/or autonomy to make something that comes close to MoP or Legion in terms of quality?

Personally, I think it's possible but not without a massive overhaul to the team, their design philosophy and character progression.

If you think BFA is good, that's fine, everyone makes mistakes but this thread isn't for you.
    For you maybe.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    For you maybe.
    You're more than welcome to post but don't say I didn't try to save your time.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're more than welcome to post but don't say I didn't try to save your time.
    BFA has its problems no shortage of them but what it does NOT have is a shortage of things to how can those 3 things be the only 3 things you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What an interesting and insightful post

OT: I don't think it can. Not as long as Activision keeps calling the shots (now with "cost cutting" as a plus) and not as long as lead dev is a soulless, corporate drone.
    Then maybe he should not of stated something that is just not simply not true at all.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2018-12-09 at 05:33 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    For you maybe.
    What an interesting and insightful post

OT: I don't think it can. Not as long as Activision keeps calling the shots (now with "cost cutting" as a plus) and not as long as the lead dev is a soulless, corporate drone.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

re

I highly doubt we will ever see the game reach the heights it ever did , but in relation to getting closer to legion i actually think that is the game plan with the prune.

They have scaled back the game play mechanics via class pruning and GCD to make there next couple of expansions have a selling point.

Of course this is my opinion and many may see this as a falsehood but if we break down this expac no new races at launch (yes i know you can get the allied races but you require to unlock them and they are mainly reskins) no new class so i think this expac will be seen as a way to reset the slate and the next 2 expacs will be the innovative ones.

Unfortunately we are in for a bit of a dull experience in relation to gameplay mechanics , you will still see people enjoy the game for its amazing dungeons and raids but may not enjoy the way they combat them if that makes sense.

I love your "please don't respond to my thread if you don't agree with me" approch.

Sorry dude, your thread is out in the open public and now you are going to know that you are full of bs.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I love your "please don't respond to my thread if you don't agree with me" approch.

Sorry dude, your thread is out in the open public and now you are going to know that you are full of bs.
    Thank you

Like I said to the other person, you're more than welcome to post, I was just warning you that you'll be wasting your time because I won't care.

I believe it more now than ever. BFA was recieved so badly that i think blizzard can't afford anything else then to get the next one right. They know they need to step up their shit now

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you are saying is you want an echo chamber to wallow in your misery in... If WoW is really that bad to you and you dont see it making a comeback why do you even stay?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

thats so sweet how some ppl form the reality based on their 5 meters around them.

you have no data. no clue. all you have is mmoc threads, < 10% of playerbase that even show up in forums, and a minority crying so loud, that its .... what ? the reality ? is THAT whats going on ? is blizzard unhappy with wow while earning billions ?

the sweet thing is: dooming of wow and bashing of BfA is no longer enough. even the last tryhard hillbilly has read all that mmoc shitstorm threads (which are from ppl that all together form 1% of pb). so you cant be longer cool or trendy or special, with only calling wow dead. no. we are now already at the point that (i.e. the op of this „nice“ thread) ppl start to asking if wow „ever“ can have a comeback (obviously from the grave, i assume). lol. hard shit

thats like asking your brother if you should reanimate your 46 year old dad, because he is „factually dead“ at a age of 46, IF he could make a „comeback“

sorry guys, but do you know how hillarious you are ? no sane person will ever take you serious, with all your overhyped doomsday sky is falling nonsense. look at yourself from an objective view. is this REALLY the image you want to have by yourself ?

sometimes i shame myself for being the same race and living on the same planet. hopefully never aliens visit earth. that would be sooo pathetic...

and this is from someone that isnt happy with some things in BfA too.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-12-09 at 06:05 AM.

what if the original creators of these blizzard games got together and formed a new start-up company and made great games again? I have zero clue what the founders are up to these days and who they work for or have working for them. a new MMO made by the people who made the best MMO. ahhhh the dreams I have.

WoW made a comeback after the abysmal expansion of WoD so pretty sure wow can make a comeback after this one

Thank you

Like I said to the other person, you're more than welcome to post, I was just warning you that you'll be wasting your time because I won't care.
    Two things here (before i leave this hell of idiocracy):

1) be sure, a lot of ppl wont care about you aswell
    2) your stance seems a good starting point when going to a discussion forum and opening a thread lol

WoW can be decent but it will never be as great as it was from 2004 - 2010. The Cataclysm broke the game it's been a steady decline since then and Blizzard seems to be adamant about ignoring the feedback of their "dickbag" playerbase and only releasing what they think is good and then proceeding to explain how we're experiencing it wrong if we don't like it. Unless the dev team gets cleared out of just about everyone who is perpetuating this it's only going to get worse with brief glimpses of hope like we had in Legion (though that expansion too had some flaws).
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

lock the thread, op doesn't want a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    what if the original creators of these blizzard games got together and formed a new start-up company and made great games again? I have zero clue what the founders are up to these days and who they work for or have working for them. a new MMO made by the people who made the best MMO. ahhhh the dreams I have.

i have bad news for you. you can look at i.e. the core team of TBC and the responsible persons. and then look at BfA team and resp persons. compare them and look who is still working on wow. bad news at 11pm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

yep. its time. and its obvious.

Deleted
    nah i think its impossible for modern wow to ever return to way it was during vanilla tbc and wrath

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    WoW made a comeback after the abysmal expansion of WoD so pretty sure wow can make a comeback after this one
    Imo, WoD's badness is totally different from BFA's badness.

Imo, almost all of the content we got for WoD was great, it's just that we didn't get enough of it. Contrary to what most people say, I think garrisons were pretty satisfying, it's just that garrisons were pretty much the ONLY thing we had to do at endgame apart from the two raid tiers and their rewards were balanced accordingly. If WoD had come with Legion world quests/MoP daily hubs and another raid tier on par with the rest of WoD's content, it would have been great imo.
    Meanwhile, a lot of BFA's content is bad on a fundamental level.

My fear is that while WoD's problems stemmed from poor time management, BFA's problems stem from a certain design philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I don't want an argument, ordering the mods to lock the thread shows you don't want a discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, WoD's badness is totally different from BFA's badness.

Imo, almost all of the content we got for WoD was great, it's just that we didn't get enough of it. Contrary to what most people say, I think garrisons were pretty satisfying, it's just that garrisons were pretty much the ONLY thing we had to do at endgame apart from the two raid tiers and their rewards were balanced accordingly. If WoD had come with Legion world quests/MoP daily hubs and another raid tier on par with the rest of WoD's content, it would have been great imo.
    Meanwhile, a lot of BFA's content is bad on a fundamental level.

My fear is that while WoD's problems stemmed from poor time management, BFA's problems stem from a certain design philosophy.
    So what are YOU going to personally do about your 'fear'? I know... you are going to carpet bomb the forums with tears; and you'll continue forking out your currency to Blizzard.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.