Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    If you haven't played it it isn't as diverse and fine tuned as Monster Hunter at all but it does have solid gameplay and I personally really like the visuals.
    The Visuals are the worse thing about it.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    The Visuals are the worse thing about it.
    Well from what I have seen "cartoony" visuals are often the most divisive, I happen to like stylistic games quite a bit. Large part of why I enjoyed Wildstars world so much. Would it look better if it was realistic? Maybe depending on how good they could make it look but the current style helps separate it.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    When will the Nintendo Switch come with a quality that corresponds to it's price?
    You mean like now? Since it plays fortnite better then your $1000 phone?

The Switch is fairly priced for what it can do in it's form factor and portable nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    wow, Stop insulting all the Hardcore Cell Phone gamers out there.

Diablo Immortal will be amazing.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Switch is fairly priced for what it can do in it's form factor and portable nature.
    I almost want to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he forgot the word "online" in there somewhere... because I don't see how he could think it isn't worth the pricepoint with all the games at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

wow, Stop insulting all the Hardcore Cell Phone gamers out there.

Diablo Immortal will be amazing.
    Please
    diablo Immortal looks great but any TRUE gamer is getting ready for Elder Scrolls Blades
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Please
    diablo Immortal looks great but any TRUE gamer is getting ready for Elder Scrolls Blades
    "True" Gamer? Somebody is living in a Bubble. LMAO.

"True" Gamer? Somebody is living in a Bubble. LMAO.
    Okay that's it, keep talking trash we gonna 1v1 in...
    fuck I don't know any mobile pvp games.
    Diablo Bore.

It just dawned on me how the entire Smash roster is JP characters. I think they will try to get a big western character in with the DLC. Possibly an Overwatch character now that a relationship has been established with blizzard(lets be honest most western characters are boring AF this would be the one that fits best).

I also fully expect Yokai and Resident Evil reps in the DLC outside of that. Not sure on a 5th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Smash Bros Ultimate since Friday evening, and I am having an absolute blast. While I am not unfamiliar with the game series, this is the first Smash Bros game I've ever owned. Have only been able to play the game solo so far, but on Tuesday I will bring the game with me to a local game night where I am pretty sure every guy I know who plays Smash will be at. It's going to be absolutely crazy fun.

If you haven't bought the game yet, I absolutely recommend you to. It's that freaking good and should not be missed out by anyone liking fighting games.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Been playing Smash Bros Ultimate since Friday evening, and I am having an absolute blast. While I am not unfamiliar with the game series, this is the first Smash Bros game I've ever owned. Have only been able to play the game solo so far, but on Tuesday I will bring the game with me to a local game night where I am pretty sure every guy I know who plays Smash will be at. It's going to be absolutely crazy fun.

If you haven't bought the game yet, I absolutely recommend you to. It's that freaking good and should not be missed out by anyone liking fighting games.
    Glad you're enjoying it, wish I could play solo a bit. I swore an oath to one of my friends that I would only play it with her early on. Playing with them was 90% of my hype anyway, but still, I'm bored our work schedules conflict very often.
    Diablo Bore.

It's that freaking good and should not be missed out by anyone liking fighting games.
    Eh, I think Smash is in a weird spot where it go's way beyond people that like traditional fighting games. So much so that a lot of traditional fighting game players aren't even that into it.

This game also has an ass load of SP content, which most fighting games usually lack if people are into that sort of thing. It's basically fan service to Japanese gaming franchises at this point so it's really hard for anyone to not like it.

I haven’t really played a Smash game since Melee...and man do I suck playing nowadays. Still enjoying Mewteo though.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

I've been trying to play smash ultimate online but I keep getting connection errors. Does the game just not agree with wi-fi? Because I don't have issues with other games.

TFW you realize you paid $105 for Smash between the Nintendo Online sub and the season pass and the fugging online doesn't even work properly.

It's seriously my only complaint with this game, not only is the match making system ass but connections with players are okay to sketch on a game to game basis. Delay netcode might work on a tiny ass island in Japan but it's booty butt cheeks in NA. There is a reason the western developed fighting games have swapped from delay to rollback because they know that shit doesn't work here.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Part of me really hopes it's not Overwatch just because I don't want that community getting anywhere near Smash.

But then I realize that's my opinion on Blizzard communities in general.

Anyway I finally caved and got the 7 day Online trial.

It's less Lag from Hell than WiiU, but I wonder how much of that is updated infrastructure and how much of it is the fact Smash Ultimate prefers closer connections over pairing me up with a JP player every dang time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Oh gawd, Marth and red Marth are voiced in English now. Just doesn't sound right anymore.

TFW you realize you paid $105 for Smash between the Nintendo Online sub and the season pass and the fugging online doesn't even work properly.

It's seriously my only complaint with this game, not only is the match making system ass but connections with players are okay to sketch on a game to game basis. Delay netcode might work on a tiny ass island in Japan but it's booty butt cheeks in NA. There is a reason the western developed fighting games have swapped from delay to rollback because they know that shit doesn't work here.
    Mite have a fix for your Online issues.

Seen this posted today and it seems to have helped a lot of people out.

Edit: So offtopic a bit but is Smash on Wii-U worth getting? I kinda want to play a smash, I don't own a Switch and the Wii-U version is like $15. Does it have a decent amount of SP content?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-12-09 at 08:37 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

nah that doesn't fix anything, the problem is the net code itself. It's fine when you're playing players within a few states that also have solid connections and it's absolute shit if the other player has a shit connection or is on the other side of the country(or god forbid overseas even).

They still use ancient ass input delay net code instead of GGPO rollback which games like Injustice 2 and Killer Instinct use and are literally playable across oceans with decent quality.

Basically it's like all Japanese fighting games, it works on their tiny ass island so they don't give a shit about the rest of the world.

I would almost not even care as I expect that now if the match making wasn't shit. I shouldn't get forced into 4 player matches if I don't want to, but guess what? No setting for that!

Granted most matches are 1v1, but highly annoying when getting stuck into the 4 person mash fest, I don't even want to do that locally let alone over this bad net code.

Oh and Smash for Wii U single player content is really non existent outside of amiibo leveling dude. It doesn't have a long adventure mode like ultimate does.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-12-09 at 08:54 PM.

nah that doesn't fix anything, the problem is the net code itself. It's fine when you're playing players within a few states that also have solid connections and it's absolute shit if the other player has a shit connection or is on the other side of the country(or god forbid overseas even).

They still use ancient ass input delay net code instead of GGPO rollback which games like Injustice 2 and Killer Instinct use and are literally playable across oceans with decent quality.

Basically it's like all Japanese fighting games, it works on their tiny ass island so they don't give a shit about the rest of the world.

I would almost not even care as I expect that now if the match making wasn't shit. I shouldn't get forced into 4 player matches if I don't want to, but guess what? No setting for that!

Granted most matches are 1v1, but highly annoying when getting stuck into the 4 person mash fest, I don't even want to do that locally let alone over this bad net code.

Oh and Smash for Wii U single player content is really non existent outside of amiibo leveling dude. It doesn't have a long adventure mode like ultimate does.
    Oh well I guess we are just boned on Smash online being decent until Nintendo gets their head out of their ass on the netcode then.

I guess ill just pass on the Wii-U smash and grab the Switch one later down the road. Slowly building up my Wii-U library of games that ether A. I don't think will come to Switch or B. don't want to pay a stupid full price for just because its a port.

I think I got like 10 games left and I'm done with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It just dawned on me how the entire Smash roster is JP characters. I think they will try to get a big western character in with the DLC. Possibly an Overwatch character now that a relationship has been established with blizzard(lets be honest most western characters are boring AF this would be the one that fits best).

I also fully expect Yokai and Resident Evil reps in the DLC outside of that. Not sure on a 5th.
    other people have said it but i think doom guy would be a good choice for a western rep, doom is one of the most well known games of all time, has massive historical significance to an entire genre and bethesda has been actively supporting and working with nintendo lately.

Id really like to see sora, id be shocked if we dont get another rep from square although sora is actually disney
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552