Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Saw the trailer link in previous page. Gave it a shot, concluded to be same boring shit. I am sorry that I have triggered you by criticizing your beloved movie.

Just checked movies of 2016, 2017 and 2018 quickly. Other than Fantastic Beasts (which is slightly above average imo), I didn't see any movie worth mentioning. I am very picky when it comes to art.

Here is my sensitive hipster palate:

The last movie that I found rather impressive is 12 years of slave. I enjoyed Hateful Eight too. Django Unchained from the same year was also a good movie. The last proper science fiction I watched was District 9 and perhaps Moon. Mad Max Fury Road was okay too.
    I enjoyed all those movies as well. I still enjoy watching the MCU movies. Hell for being shit, the Transformers movies are fun. Still haven't answered the question posed to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It has nothing to do with my personal take on superhero movies. Compare Dark Knight with Avengers, you'll see the difference. That's what avengers is.
    I couldn't stand Dark Knight. I know that puts me against the grain of the majority of the world and I'm completely fine with that. If people want to like it, that's great. You won't find me dropping a turd in a thread about it and then getting upset when people respond though.

Also, it has everything to do with your personal take because entertainment is, well, personal. This isn't a conversation about technical critique of films while we sift some wine.

Also also, you really like to cherry pick what you respond to.

But yeah, can we move on to talking about the Avengers and the newest trailer? Surely you don't want to be part of that discussion so maybe find something more productive to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Alright give it a rest can we please just talk about the trailer and the future of the Avengers?
    The Ant-man bit has me confused about what to expect. He didn't get finger-snapped. On the other hand the rest of the Avengers would probably have no way of knowing that. On the other other hand, the audience totally gets that so it's an odd "gotcha" moment in the trailer.

It does mean at the very least he has figured out how to get back out of the quantum realm though, so I assume it supports the theory that the quantum realm will play a role in saving the day in AV4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    The Ant-man bit has me confused about what to expect. He didn't get finger-snapped. On the other hand the rest of the Avengers would probably have no way of knowing that. On the other other hand, the audience totally gets that so it's an odd "gotcha" moment in the trailer.

It does mean at the very least he has figured out how to get back out of the quantum realm though, so I assume it supports the theory that the quantum realm will play a role in saving the day in AV4.
    Even though he could've simply been part of the 50% that did survive, the implication is indeed that the Quantum Realm is the 'fix'.

It shows Spiderman in the missing too, and while he did get vaporized it was on the other planet. So I guess Ironman should also have been listed, but maybe not in the part the trailer shows.

I do think it's been a few years post-snap though, so not sure about IronMan's drifting speech.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It shows Spiderman in the missing too, and while he did get vaporized it was on the other planet. So I guess Ironman should also have been listed, but maybe not in the part the trailer shows.

I do think it's been a few years post-snap though, so not sure about IronMan's drifting speech.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure the visual scroll-by that we see a clip of is just those Avengers that the surviving members consider missing/dead.

My pondering is specifically from a meta perspective, because the audience knows Scott wasn't vaporized, and the producers of the trailer know that, but they still make it a surprise at the end of the trailer that he shows up.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the visual scroll-by that we see a clip of is just those Avengers that the surviving members consider missing/dead.

My pondering is specifically from a meta perspective, because the audience knows Scott wasn't vaporized, and the producers of the trailer know that, but they still make it a surprise at the end of the trailer that he shows up.
    Yeah, that was my first impressions, "why give us stranded IronMan, and why would AntMan surviving be important?"

I do wonder in the actual movie how far some of this stuff is. If it's half the movie and we're still getting IronMan doing nothing, it'll be disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Even though he could've simply been part of the 50% that did survive, the implication is indeed that the Quantum Realm is the 'fix'.
    On Ant-Man's survival, I believe the Russos tweeted at one point after Infinity War that Scott was simply one of the lucky 50% which implies being in the Quantum Realm did nothing to protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    What was wrong with Wakanda?
    Black Panther was a shit movie and really insanely far-fetched. Even for scifi.
    Also all this tribal "pride" and screaming "wakanda forever". Yuck. Cringe-fest deluxe.

Thats about it i guess

Yeah, that was my first impressions, "why give us stranded IronMan, and why would AntMan surviving be important?"

I do wonder in the actual movie how far some of this stuff is. If it's half the movie and we're still getting IronMan doing nothing, it'll be disappointing.
    I don't recall anything in how AV3 wrapped up giving us the info that Iron-Man was stranded in outerspace, so I consider this new information and I didn't find it weird at all.

And based on the track record of MCU movies, where the worst is still watchable, I think you can rest easy and not be worried that half the movie will go by with Iron-Man doing nothing.

I don't recall anything in how AV3 wrapped up giving us the info that Iron-Man was stranded in outerspace, so I consider this new information and I didn't find it weird at all.

And based on the track record of MCU movies, where the worst is still watchable, I think you can rest easy and not be worried that half the movie will go by with Iron-Man doing nothing.
    I only consider him being stranded weird at all only because Nebula should've been able to navigate the Benatar to Earth or a place with civilization.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I only consider him being stranded weird at all only because Nebula should've been able to navigate the Benatar to Earth or a place with civilization.
    Before they showed Nebula inside somewhere that looked like it, I briefly considered that it had been damaged or destroyed by Thanos shredding and dropping that moon on Stark during the Titan battle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Before they showed Nebula inside somewhere that looked like it, I briefly considered that it had been damaged or destroyed by Thanos shredding and dropping that moon on Stark during the Titan battle.
    Yeah something definitely had to happen there. What's not clear from the hints in the trailer is if Nebula went full asshole and left Stark behind or if they're both stranded and the ship is destroyed like you say.

They (or one of them) should be in the Milano or have access to it right? I think the establishing shot of the ship in the trailer looked like the Milano.

Also also, you really like to cherry pick what you respond to.
    That's because I do not want to derail the thread, effectively get another infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It can fly in space and the world had tech from Thanos and other aliens to draw on. With his little diary entry it would make a lot of sense.
    Rocket is on Earth. i think there is a pretty good chance he will be looking for the Guardians to see if any of his friends survived. He could probably track the ship somehow.

The next question is how would Rocket hook up with Potts? as far as we know he is in Wakanda. He wasn't shown to be at the Avengers HQ (although he could be). If Potts also ends up in Wakanda/ Avengers HQ They could meet. Rocket picks up a SOS from the Quill's ship, Potts, tired of sitting on the sidelines insists on going with him to "Rescue" whoever is alive on the ship.

Rocket modifies a quinjet or uses some wakanda tech for intergalactic travel. Bam Tony rescued.

But Marvel could come across him on her way to earth. Even Valkyrie could be the one to save the day. We know she and some Asgardians survived Thanos attack. They could have regrouped and be heading to earth and run into Tony.
    Last edited by Hadriker; 2018-12-10 at 04:31 PM.

Ironman being stranded is "new information" sort of. He was on another world, so it's safe to assume he'll return to the Avengers on Earth for their mission. (Unless of course he DOES die in space and the flashback/ alternate scenes are past IronMan.) So using time to establish that Ironman is stranded sort of sets up a situation that will probably be quickly resolved.

The scene itself can work in the movie, especially if he's saved early in the movie after giving his "bye Pepper" speech and finds out she was the wrong side of the coin flip. It just seems like a waste of time in the teaser. Like the AntMan scene, it's a surprise to Cap that he's alive, but not to most Audiences, so the teaser could/should have been tweaked a bit around that premise. Antman saying something like "I know I disappeared for a few years, but I'm back" or something.

I think people should also consider that some trailer scenes will maybe be totally fake. Like we KNOW they shot fake scenes It would not surprise me for them to use some in trailers to keep us guessing.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Ironman being stranded is "new information" sort of. He was on another world, so it's safe to assume he'll return to the Avengers on Earth for their mission. (Unless of course he DOES die in space and the flashback/ alternate scenes are past IronMan.) So using time to establish that Ironman is stranded sort of sets up a situation that will probably be quickly resolved.

The scene itself can work in the movie, especially if he's saved early in the movie after giving his "bye Pepper" speech and finds out she was the wrong side of the coin flip. It just seems like a waste of time in the teaser. Like the AntMan scene, it's a surprise to Cap that he's alive, but not to most Audiences, so the teaser could/should have been tweaked a bit around that premise. Antman saying something like "I know I disappeared for a few years, but I'm back" or something.
    I disagree. We ended AV3 with Thanos winning. What better way to kick off the aftermath with a taste of said aftermath? I think for most folks watching the trailer, seeing Tony recording his last words helps drive the point home regarding how bleak things are. It serves as a powerful tone setter that the rest of the trailer builds up from.

Also, how much should we reasonably expect to be shown in a trailer without having major elements of the story spoiled? I think its fair to say that Marvel has worked hard to keep "how will they fix this" a secret, so that means a major part of the premise of the film probably won't be seen in trailers. With that in mind, why not use the trailer as a vehicle to remind the audience of the impact of AV3 and the stakes of AV4?

Regarding Ant-man, without knowing more about what happened to him and how he got out of there, we have no way of knowing if "I know I was gone for a few years" would be something that would even make sense to say. And to clarify, when I said I was wondering about the Ant-man reveal, it wasn't in a bad way. It has me thinking because it was weird; trying to piece things together with way too little information, and leaves me eager to learn more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I think people should also consider that some trailer scenes will maybe be totally fake. Like we KNOW they shot fake scenes It would not surprise me for them to use some in trailers to keep us guessing.
    Very true.

Hulk at Wakanda, I'm looking at you!

I disagree. We ended AV3 with Thanos winning. What better way to kick off the aftermath with a taste of said aftermath?
    Cap & Widow talking about how bad things are is a good setup. Their location/ discussion is a logical extension of the ending.

I think for most folks watching the trailer, seeing Tony recording his last words helps drive the point home regarding how bleak things are. It serves as a powerful tone setter that the rest of the trailer builds up from.
    I guess, these would be the same people that watched AV3 and thought Marvel actually killed a bunch of folks with movies already planned.

Also, how much should we reasonably expect to be shown in a trailer without having major elements of the story spoiled?
    You're assuming I wanted something spoilery to replace Ironmans speech. Cut that whole scene and just show him drifting in space.

Regarding Ant-man, without knowing more about what happened to him and how he got out of there, we have no way of knowing if "I know I was gone for a few years" would be something that would even make sense to say.
    I assume their writers can do better than me given time. :-p

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, watching Cinema Sins made me realize how inconsistent Stones power is. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Damn, watching Cinema Sins made me realize how inconsistent Stones power is. :v
    Do yourself a favor and never watch Cinema Sins for anything other than seeing how little Cinema Sins knows about...well...anything.