Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    What are you smoking? Cata has been accuse of being rushed from the moment it came out. GC was working on WoD another expansion bashed for being rushed or released early. Yeah he left a year before it's release but he was still the lead systems designer. Amazing how a guy this forum almost universally despised, is now being praised or held up as something good in WoWs past.

Look I'm not saying BfA is perfect. It's not. Neither has any other expansion. I'd rather Blizzard take chances and try new things, and shake things up than stay the safe route that too many AAA devs take with the samey yearly safe bet sequels. Will they lay some turds here and there sure. But I'd rather them try and fail than never take a risk one something different that may be great.
    Azerite was their safe route, remove everything Legion bought in and put it on Armour linked to a AP grind, cant get anymore safe than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    wait what, the new system removes azerite from weekly chest and you are only able to buy it with the currency?
    I thought the currency thing will be in addition to the system so far
    You really dont get the new gatcha Blizzard model do you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you do realise that the only ones complaining about azerite are nolifing neckbeards whom nobody cares about yes ?

most of people dont mind it because it gives nice level of customisation .

also ofc they wont remove it seeing how its pretty obvious that azerite is this expansions "legendary ring/cloak" system and they will push it for all tiers untill last their they will make it orange gear.
    The plebs dont mind it because it gives the illusion of choice, reality is it doesnt give you anything you didn't already have in Legion and infact gives you even less choice, Legion gave you considerably more choices across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if that kids had ever played standard classsical mmorpgs like EQ, Star Wars Online, Classic WoW, etc. ... THAT would be a hard awakening.

...rewards „more frequent than once in month“ .... „must be grind ?“

muhahahahahahaha. lol guys, seriously, you are in the wrong genre. jokes aside, you REALLY play the wrong game, if you REALLY think the grind in WoW today is hard and the rewards are too rare.

you made my day... lol
    Sorry but as an old fart who played all those old games, modern WoW is not hard or grindy compared to old stuff but the RNG is still inexcusable. With every patch they strip more RPG elements and add more weird psuedo-gambling mechanics, making it feel like a really slow, clunky and dated Diablo. You may have busted your ass back in the day for +5 stamina boots but at the end you could look at your thing and say "Yup, I worked hard and earned this." With this new system, yes you can EVENTUALLY earn your gear which is a great step in the right direction, but it's still drowning in a muddled pool of RNG that makes the JOURNEY there not fun.

That's the big difference between modern WoW and old school MMOs, hell even all of the decent modern MMOs that are still chugging (GW2, ESO, FFXIV, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrite13 View Post
    Azerite is worse than cancer. I'd rather give every single WoW player cancer than force them to farm a single point of Azerite. Wouldn't you rather have cancer than farm AP?
    I'd rather not have some douchebag compare video game rewards to an actual disease. Please think before you post. There are probably a lot of people on this page who have family members that deal with cancer and it's not something ANYONE would want. Get your head out of your ass.

Deleted
    Despite your hating, this system is still an improvement. You don't want people to disagree with you? Stop playing then.

Not all of us are entitled and impatient. Just like they changed it now, if adjustments are needed they will be done. But all of this was in the PTR months ago. You should've made the noise then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Commenting on the bold here:

The major problem is that, because of RNG, you CAN'T actually look at a piece of gear and say "Wow, that must have taken a lot of time and effort to earn."

Because it may not have.

If you saw someone walking around with heroic Gurthalak even as recently as Cataclysm, you knew that person had to have been present for a kill of Heroic Deathwing. Sure, that meant maybe they bought it with gold, but it meant they were present and able to see the boss killed at a time when it took a lot for people to kill that boss.

Most of the gear in WoW today doesn't have that feeling. The Mythic Raid gear does, but nothing else. You might have gotten it from a kill on the boss - Or maybe you got it out of your weekly chest for Timewalking. Or maybe you got it from your Mythic+ weekly chest. Or maybe you got it from rolling a random Azerite piece. Or maybe you got a piece similar to it that was good enough from a +15 mythic dungeon.

When you muddy the waters, people stop caring how difficult it is to get the gear you're wearing. It doesn't matter how much work you had to put in to finally have RNG smile in your favor for that one piece of gear - Because someone else who hasn't put nearly as much work in got it week 1 and you've been behind already since then. It's no longer a "Wow, I earned this" feeling, and more a "God, finally it fucking dropped" feeling.
    You said it more elegantly than I. It feels like they took the 1% mount drop chance from dungeons and applied that philosophy to EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME.

In a game like Diablo, it works because the pacing of the entire game is rapid fire and it's designed to be an ARPG loot skinner box from the outset. Yes it may take you a long time to farm a perfect Shako or whatever but the pace of the action, the dungeon crawling, and the loot farming is light years faster than WoW could ever be due to its different engine/genre. That makes it fun. WoW, however, is (was) supposed to be an RPG with character growth and development, and in WoW in particular a lot of that development came from ilvl raising. Between that and the demands for raids, too much RNG just doesn't work. With Legiondaries in early Legion, you were total trash until that one piece dropped for your spec. With Azerite, you are on a blatant treadmill that never ends and the passives feel like nothing. Gear no longer has prestige and the path to your bis endgame is so RNGey these days it feels like a KMMO.

None of the modern systems feel like typical RPG forward progression; they feel like desperately hitting a slot machine.

When Season 2 begins, the vendor will offer higher item-level pieces (iLvl 400 or 415) at significantly higher costs than the Season 1 items. Also at that time, the weekly Mythic Keystone cache will begin rewarding proportionally more Residuum, and new iLvl 400+ Azerite armor will yield more Residuum when scrapped or disenchanted.
    So many people pretending to miss the point just so they can shit on Blizzard just a bit more

Commenting on the bold here:

The major problem is that, because of RNG, you CAN'T actually look at a piece of gear and say "Wow, that must have taken a lot of time and effort to earn."

Because it may not have.

If you saw someone walking around with heroic Gurthalak even as recently as Cataclysm, you knew that person had to have been present for a kill of Heroic Deathwing. Sure, that meant maybe they bought it with gold, but it meant they were present and able to see the boss killed at a time when it took a lot for people to kill that boss.

Most of the gear in WoW today doesn't have that feeling. The Mythic Raid gear does, but nothing else. You might have gotten it from a kill on the boss - Or maybe you got it out of your weekly chest for Timewalking. Or maybe you got it from your Mythic+ weekly chest. Or maybe you got it from rolling a random Azerite piece. Or maybe you got a piece similar to it that was good enough from a +15 mythic dungeon.

When you muddy the waters, people stop caring how difficult it is to get the gear you're wearing. It doesn't matter how much work you had to put in to finally have RNG smile in your favor for that one piece of gear - Because someone else who hasn't put nearly as much work in got it week 1 and you've been behind already since then. It's no longer a "Wow, I earned this" feeling, and more a "God, finally it fucking dropped" feeling. Which makes getting the gear feel BAD, not GOOD.

The reward that you're supposed to feel now feels like the game punishing you.
    such a problem doesnt exist unless you stopped and have still mentality of 12 year old .

nobody gives any fucks about any effort you put in anything in games. they never did and they never will.

nobody besides who have no life outside of gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it isn't great, but i find ur attack way off limit
    that is better than what we have in 8.0, also not at all like older better system, at least it is 'ok'
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    So many people pretending to miss the point just so they can shit on Blizzard just a bit more
    shitting on compute companies is an ongoing trend of the month.

it will continiue becuase youtubers are making big money now on people watching their whining wideos.

once trend fades so will all complains.

its something like the meme of the month on 9 gag - month passes and nobody remebers that some memes existed.

same is with whining about games.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post

*big sigh* ... Okay, so, instead of giving value to the armor pieces you told us to farm for an absorbent amount of time since launch, SOMETHING / ANYTHING AT ALL, all of it is garbage and worth nothing to us in the scrap crapper. That's really rotten.
    I am totally in agreement with your post. Just wanted to correct one thing.... I think the word you want is exorbitant. Unless of course you were trying to say that the goal soaked up a LOT of time.

I really don't like posting my opinions because with this forum the white knights and devil's advocates come out of the woodwork like the maggots they are to chew up any negative feedback for blizz... but here we go.
    Thats a really humble and respectful way to start your thread and begin a discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Screw retail, private servers are the way to go.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-12-09 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Removed Post Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I'd rather them try and fail than never take a risk one something different that may be great.
    The thing is that with BfA they didn't even try. They took away old staples of WoW (such as class sets) and new, cool things (legiondaries) only to give us a stat stick and some completely unnoticeable (as far as PvE rotation goes) bonuses. Hell, even the talent trees of old were better than this - at least you weren't at the mercy of RNG.

Cata, or MoP was when they actually took risks. In the case of the former, the world revamp was a huge undertaking, same for the (back then) new questing system; the results will always be controversial, but you can't deny that they tried. In the case of the latter, the China-like setting, the new race that could join either Alliance or Horde, the overall story were big bets.

But for BfA? Generic faction war storyline (that half of the time doesn't even make sense, so far), heavy reliance on last expansion's mechanics (AP/WQs/M+), and a convoluted system like Azerite, which has all the flaws of Legion's artifacts with none of their redeeming qualities. I'd really like to know how many dev hours it took to develop this Azerite thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Then why do you earn gear?

I certainly didn't earn gear back in BC to raid, considering I never passed Void Reaver in TK. But I sure did play the game a ton.

I kept doing Heroic DS while it was currently after killing Heroic Deathwing - I sure didn't keep doing it to prove I could kill the boss, since I had the achievement already.

Earning gear is SUPPOSED to have that feeling of "This was worth my time to earn." If it doesn't - Well, all I can say is, this game probably wasn't made for you. Or at least, I'd like to say that, but the game as it is currently probably WAS made just for people like you, and that's probably why I dislike it so much.
    This actually brings up another point: the scaling of mobs has gotten so out of control that your impact in the overworld is much less meaningful. I never gave a shit about prestige; I originally got into endgame raiding to earn gear to be able to 2-shot mobs in the overworld while gathering or mount farming or whatever. Now with ilvl scaling, yes you feel the change eventually, but its balanced so crappily that you could feel more godly at 110 than 120 even without your legendaries on. That’s so backwards to the RPG formula it’s almost impressive.

So current gear:
    -has no prestige
    -has progression locked behind layers of gimmicks and rng
    -has little impact on your performance in the overworld
    -has such a short expiration date that you never even get that satiafied “finished” feeling within the same patch due to azerite leveling

Why gear at all? The only thing left is the social aspect of M+ and raids and unless you’re lucky enough to be in a great guild, we all know how THAT goes.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Here's mine. Delete azerite and give back tier sets. Easy.
    Not enough subs left to circumvent the cost of designing tier sets, why do you think they put in Azerite? :P

lmao at the first line of this post. Might as well just change it to "I hate posting my opinion because people can disagree with it, and I'm not mature enough to handle that".

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    lmao at the first line of this post. Might as well just change it to "I hate posting my opinion because people can disagree with it, and I'm not mature enough to handle that".
    Exacity this! He should've just kept quiet because his opinions are just rants with no form of ideas for solutions either. Waste of other people's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    wait what, the new system removes azerite from weekly chest and you are only able to buy it with the currency?
    I thought the currency thing will be in addition to the system so far
    Yup, the weekly chest from M+ will no longer drop azerite gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by floppydk View Post
    Maybe you should try posting in binary, because it appears you haven't grasped English yet. Unless you just use that signature to inform everyone what a nerd you are.
    after using a small bit of semantics of your brain, you could easily come to the conclusion that i am maybe, just maybe, not a native english speaker. alcohol makes it, as for every other ppl too, even more worse.

but i think thats a too complex task to expect from some ppl like you.

- - - Updated - - -

And here we have Seranthor who thinks I should either say only nice things about a failing game, use their official forums to post stuff they still will never read unless I call them out directly by name, or just not sub to the game in which case all my hours of paid-for playing will have been for naught and they'll just continue to ignore my existence.

Does it really matter where I post it? I just wanted to share my thoughts regardless of who cares or not. What people say is, regardless, just their opinions too. Wrong as they may be because of fanboyism or self righteousness... but still.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from being a douche, I never said classic WoW or classic mmorpgs were fun, nor did I mention them at all. I'm talking about THIS GAME as it is NOW. If that's too hard for you to understand, that's truly laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't take this as an insult in any way, but you sound really burnt out by the game. You'll really just accept these BS systems as they are? You won't speak up for changes that favor you the player, enriching your experiences in the game play and game time you PAY for?
    eeehrm, no offense here, ... but THIS GAME you play, you are talking about NOW as it is NOW (to use your words) is.... a mmorpg. ??? nontheless.

sometimes i asked myself: what do ppl expect, these days?

when i go to the supermarket and buy coffee, grind coffee, brew coffee and drink coffee, and then rant about why i have to grind and brew that shit and that it tastes like coffee instead like coke, ... hell... how should anyone on this planet take me serious ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-12-09 at 03:34 PM.

We are talking about guarantied BIS mythic raid level of gear. You were expecting to get one every 2 weeks?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads