Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    lol good luck no alt people

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, maybe they'll give me the choice to level in a pre 7.3.5 mode.
    They’re reducing the exp required to level, I think they’ve made it even faster than pre-7.3.5 in some areas.

In this and every thread on this topic: If you don't like the bitching Saurfang character who is more ore less a copy of Thrall, you must be a Sylvanas fanboy who jerks off to pictures of her at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'd love to see the results of this. How many people chose which side.
    Alts aren't ment to overshadow your main anyways thats why main is higher ilvl makes no sense is all chars are the same ilvl that you own.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The 'two sides' story will lead nowhere.

This conflict will have a resolution. Either Saurfang will win and Sylvanas will die, leaving all of the people who choose not to betray her feeling left out, or Sylvanas will win and Saurfang will die, leaving all of the people who choose to stand with him feeling left out. There is no possible storyline where the Horde moves forward with both groups satisfied.

Great that they added it, but pointless ultimately. The story will move on without one of these groups one way or the other. This patch would have been better served spelling out which side is the bad side for the Horde this time around, because ultimately we're going to end up being forced onto one side one way or the other.
    I do not think it will be that black and white. There are many options for blizzard. Here is a crazy Idea Sylvanas becomes the Lich queen and creates a third faction of Undead with undead versions of all the races. I know its a pipe dream but sure would vitalize the war. Horde vs Alliance is stale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, split the playerbase further, I'm sure that will go over well*.

*Destroy one faction while leaving one decent sized faction (Alliance) and two dead factions (Horde and Undead) picking over the remains of a once-great faction, leaving tons of players angry and with no substantial benefit to the game whatsoever.

And that doesn't even get into the technicalities of it. What would happen to Undead on the Horde? They'd have to be moved to the new faction, but not all Undead would want to leave. Making it a choice makes the choice a no-brainer - DON'T go to the new faction with no one on it, stay on the one with an actual future since people already play on it. What would happen to people who already completed the entire level up from 1-120 as Horde? Would new leveling areas for Undead be created on a yet-unexplored continent to level from 1-120, or would they just 'effectively' be Horde until high level? Would Undead mounts be removed from the Horde? They aren't a Horde faction anymore, they should be Undead-only mounts. (Thus taking many mounts away from the Horde, making achievements harder to achieve.)

This is a mess waiting to happen if they actually plan this. But then again, I've been saying this since they revealed the story for BfA - So I couldn't actually be surprised if it happens that way at all, and they'll pretend they just 'didn't see it coming' until it was too late.
    Maybe, just maybe this is their way off loosening up the faction divide. Make it so all factions can play together. Heck pvp has been like that for a long time now with ashran.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Alts aren't ment to overshadow your main anyways thats why main is higher ilvl makes no sense is all chars are the same ilvl that you own.
    Its no problem as 99% of the people that helps saurfang will be alliance players on alts anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    shame we cant kill that traitor ourselves.
    if alliance can kill him (unlikely) i have a human paladin alt waiting..
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

All this means is Blizzard has a not so cleverly designed way of checking to see if Horde players are in fact happy with Syl or if they should move the story in another direction.
    A 3rd faction makes no sense because it either makes people pay to keep playing with their friends, or it opens up a choice to do group activities with both factions, which again makes people pay as it is obviously the overpowered choice to go with neutrality to get benefits of both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their way of doing it is introducing more factions, making people even more split up and contributing further to the problem?

Or their way of doing it is making factions entirely irrelevant, thus, making a third faction even less needed since at that point, NO faction will mean anything? And instead, Anduin will be fighting alongside Sylvanas because she found the magical Plot Armor(tm) that makes everyone stop hating her as they currently do, with no justification for anything she's done?

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    Seems you have a feeble understanding. Lorewise they are split gameplay wise it does not matter what faction you are. Just look at pvp. Before we had Ashran where horde players could join the alliance and vice versa and in 8.1 horde players can join the alliance in Warmode and vice versa.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    All this means is Blizzard has a not so cleverly designed way of checking to see if Horde players are in fact happy with Syl or if they should move the story in another direction.
    A 3rd faction makes no sense because it either makes people pay to keep playing with their friends, or it opens up a choice to do group activities with both factions, which again makes people pay as it is obviously the overpowered choice to go with neutrality to get benefits of both.
    Except they weighted it HEAVILY towards the "help Saurfang" side by including a toy.

Not that I like Sylvanas, but never helping Saurfang. I would rather go more savage then ever having a peaceful "Thrall's horde" again, and Saurfang is just Thrall 2.0

lol. ppl act like you dont get a toy when you choose sylvanas. if they had really read that stuff, they would know that quests on the sylvanas side follows too. and ofc will blizz give em a toy there too, just bc of balance and zero reason to not. cheesus how less imagination/brain ppl have these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This item has me scratching my head, its a reward from a horde only quest. However it lists Dark Iron Dwarf as one of the usable races, oversight/tool tip error or maybe they were originally supposed to be a Horde allied race?

Exclamation

Why ppl worry about chosing a side, ill go Sylvanas side on main, but later ill do Saufrang side on any minor alt just to get the stupid toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwco View Post
    Why ppl worry about chosing a side, ill go Sylvanas side on main, but later ill do Saufrang side on any minor alt just to get the stupid toy.
    Why bother only to get a "stupid toy"?

I don't care about the reward. #teamSylvannas all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Why bother only to get a "stupid toy"?
    Achivements,

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's great that we're finally getting choices.
    My biggest fear with this is that Blizzard pulls a Bioware and we get a "Mass Effect 3" style ending.

Don't see the point in giving players the illusion of choice here. In the end it's still Blizzard that ultimately decides who you side with.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is, i'm 99% sure saurfang will end victorious. Though i'd rather have sylvanas.

They've put way to much time and resources for the cgi saurfang for him to not play a pivotal role. And it's forced on us..

I'm getting some serious déjà vu where Saurfang plays the role of Vol'jin and Sylvanas as Garrosh from back in 5.1. I like that you can get to choose with which character your loyalty lies though, really wish I could've joined Garrosh over Vol'jin. My main will probably follow Saurfang while my undead alt will rather follow Sylvanas.