Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=rrayy;50591675]You are naive if you think that will happen. But thanks fore giving people actual reason to want Pathfinder back.

- - - Updated - - -

Only a suggestion, I think that would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    not getting constantly Dazed for starters
    You can buy bardings off the AH or be a leatherworker that can make them that makes you immune from that. Don't need flyuing to not get constantly dazed. As it is, I rarely get dazed even without using bardings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Only a suggestion, I think that would work well.
    It won't. All you will get is complaints of the cost being too much and people just quitting instead of subbing anyway or people simply buying WoW tokens to get it. All it does do is make Pathfinder look like a far more attractive option.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That was never what it was for. It was simply a reward.
    The fact that it wasn't really used much to unlock more types of content after you obtain it, is probably one of the biggest mistakes and missed opportunities of WoW's open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Sometimes I wish flying didn't even exist to avoid those endless discussions.
    Sometimes I wish people didn't click and read threads about topics they don't want to see. :/

Sometimes I wish Blizzard would suck it up and go back to having flight be a normal part of the game so haters would STFU about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    not getting constantly Dazed for starters
    Steering is hard.

Having said that, yeah.. you're not going to see folks really revisit the game until P2 is available. It will cause problems with WM, but the overall vibe will be slightly happier players. Anyone that's played since day 1 of BfA has seen everything there is to see up close and personal. Repeatedly.

If we could get corpse run flying I'd be happy. Because fuck is it a pain in the ass to run back in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

What I wish Blizzard would do is the flip-side of the "no-fly island": Make a single zone that is specifically for flying mounts. Fill it with airships, floating islands, giant mountains and cliffs. Make that zone the best god damn flying area they've ever done, then judge player reaction to it. That would be a good measure, I think. But I simply can't trust Ion not to sabotage any such test in order to fit his confirmation bias.
    I would expect to see some implementation of the flight combat that they dropped from WotLK and with portions of the communities strong hate for vehicle mechanics on top of 3d movement(Vashj'ir) would be used as a reason not to do it again even if the playerbase at large enjoys it.

Excellent points all around. I actually agree that most WPVP players are after griefing. I just last couple weeks trying to argue against allowing capped players to kill leveling players in War Mode, and was surprised at how many people came out of the woodwork to defend the practice. I and others suggeted anything from scaling to sharding to the old Warhammer Online "chicken" debuff when PVPing out of level. None of it was acceptable to "real" WPVP players.

I really do wonder what would have happened if Warfronts were open world and allowed PVP. Guess we'll never know.

But back on topic, I do think that Flying has an impact on PVP, both positive and negative. On the one hand flying can let people respond to battles happening across the world more quickly. On the other hand, it's very easy to swoop in or out of those battles, or just hover above someone waiting to pounce. This is another reason why the mechanics of flying probably need to change. Both in terms of environmental hazards or obstacles, and with controls. If players had to pay more attention to what they were doing while flying, it would be a bit more difficult to just hover over someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing classic was a combination of things, though. The lion's share of which was that if Blizzard DIDN'T defend their IP, they'd risk losing it to private server operators. It was less that they thought players wanted it so bad, and more that they kind of had to do something anyway, so why not throw the playerbase a bone at the same time?

But you're absolutely right about the players no speaking with one voice. Some sifting definitely need to be done. What I dislike about the flight issue is how Blizzard set up the echo chamber. I really REALLY don't believe for a second that the players arguing against flight are doing so with fair arguments. I've been at this argument longer than both, and 99.99% of points made against flying are either copy/paste versions of something Blizzard has said as an excuse, or based on some VERY shaky logic: "Flight ruins WPVP", for instance, or "Other people flying ruins mah immerzionz!" or my personal favorite "If I don't fly I can't remain competitive". :/

The other problem is that we really don't have any GOOD examples of content that use flight and modern world design technology. The last time zones were designed for flying to be present was MoP, and the last REALLY good zones for flying was arguably not since Deepholme. Think about that for a second.

What I wish Blizzard would do is the flip-side of the "no-fly island": Make a single zone that is specifically for flying mounts. Fill it with airships, floating islands, giant mountains and cliffs. Make that zone the best god damn flying area they've ever done, then judge player reaction to it. That would be a good measure, I think. But I simply can't trust Ion not to sabotage any such test in order to fit his confirmation bias.
    They did that in pandaria and tbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have given us flying from the start. I will never understand those who argue against flying. Cause guess what no one force YOU to fly, feel free to use ground mount.

"But what about all the content hard working blizzard designers designed that you just fly over", unless you actually work at Blizzard or are the mother of one of these designers, WHO CARES!?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Flying should be part of the game from the very start and they can still incorporate pathfinder. I never understood why we need a second pathfinder! The next big zone will be in 8.2 and we wont be able to fly there (just like Argus) and everyone should have seen everything in BfA by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    hard to do when almost every post is about flying or how boring this expansion is.
    Then maybe it's time to take a break from the forums? People aren't ever going to stop complaining and criticizing the lack of flight because it was a mistake to try and remove it. It just makes it more readily apparent when the underlying game is weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I would expect to see some implementation of the flight combat that they dropped from WotLK and with portions of the communities strong hate for vehicle mechanics on top of 3d movement(Vashj'ir) would be used as a reason not to do it again even if the playerbase at large enjoys it.
    I don't necessarily think flying combat is needed. I'd rather they used things like airships or floating islands to fight on, that you need you flying mount to travel back and forth between. Maybe make casting your flying mount while falling, or create a parachute automatic or something. There are a lot of ways to go about it. I just want Blizzard to at least TRY.

The only thing blizzard can do is pull the pin on this shambles of an expac, make the remainder of the expac F2P, and hope they have something decent lined up for the next expac. The ship is sinking, and only the dumbest of rats remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    They did that in pandaria and tbc.
    You're going to have to be more specific. You quoted a LOT of text there, and your reply is kind of vague.....

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The only thing blizzard can do is pull the pin on this shambles of an expac, make the remainder of the expac F2P, and hope they have something decent lined up for the next expac. The ship is sinking, and only the dumbest of rats remain.
    To be fair, this has been said ever since BC was released. X reasons has been given on why the game is dying/dead.

But, I wish they put in flying earlier both in Legion and now in BfA. Makes no gameplay sense for us to not have flying at this point in the BfA zones when we have done all the reqs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Never felt this way before. Even at the end of legion was really enjoying
    Posted a few days ago in this thread.Cramming areas full of mobs just doesnt work IMHO.

Nodes and finding herbs/ores etc isnt the problem, they just seem fixated now on making even exploring
    as miserable as possible. Stay on the path and you still pull mobs flying has never looked better

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Never felt this way before. Even at the end of legion was really enjoying
    Posted a few days ago in this thread.Cramming areas full of mobs just doesnt work IMHO.

Nodes and finding herbs/ores etc isnt the problem, they just seem fixated now on making even exploring
    as miserable as possible. Stay on the path and you still pull mobs flying has never looked better
    I dont even bother farming mine & ore anymore haha. Before I used to run around and farm a bit and go for those who were easy to get, withtout running into lots of mobs.

In BfA its all a clusterfuck

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    By the rate of people quitting the game, I doubt anyone cares for flying... Four months to release 8.1 in an already content light expack. Legion had the Kara revamp + Trial of Valor + lots of more class fixing after just 7 weeks compared to 4 months of fuck all in BFA.
    Kara came out 2 months after Legion launch. Trying to say it in weeks doesn't make it any shorter. You only got Kara and a joke raid with that patch. With 8.1 you get two raids, the dungeon, the new WF etc. Quit complaining.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I dont even bother farming mine & ore anymore haha. Before I used to run around and farm a bit and go for those who were easy to get, withtout running into lots of mobs.

In BfA its all a clusterfuck
    exactly the same here.
    Lucky still got enough gold on my main to buy the mats when I need to make something.
    the knock on effect the prices of BFA ores/herbs are insane

Agreed. Solve the "Flying ruins immersion" complaints. Give players that want flying something to hold them over until pathfinder is available in the rest of the zones. Create some variety in the normal formula of grounded quest nodes.

Ion went on and on about how Argus was done the way it was because of artistic reasons, and that they couldn't present those areas in any other ways. Fine. I don't believe him, but ok, I have no way to prove otherwise. But if that's true, then do the same thing for a zone with flying. Lets see how good your artists and content designers really are. Lets see a zone that couldn't be done WITHOUT flying.
    Ion said there was no flying on Argus because that's the way patched in areas have pretty much always been, citing Isle of Quel'danas, Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle as examples. As entertaining as I'm finding your bizarro anti-Ion hyperbole you should at least try to keep your fantasies away from things that can be easily googled.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    exactly the same here.
    Lucky still got enough gold on my main to buy the mats when I need to make something.
    the knock on effect the prices of BFA ores/herbs are insane
    Funny thing is, I would probably keep playing a little everyday if I atleast could farm stuff easy enough..