Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    do u just let it slide? do u tell them? what would u do?
    People who ask this kind of question almost always have an extremely broad interpretation of disrespect. It's like they go looking for things to be "disrespected" for. Most people aren't disrespecting you.

If you don't like someone's behavior, don't spend time around them and move on with your life. If you generally like it, but in a particular case you feel disrespected, get over it and move on with your life. If it's a coworker or situation where you can't get away, just try to ignore it and focus on doing your job/etc. Respect is highly subjective.

Respect yourself and only do things which are in accordance with your self respect. Let other people worry about themselves.

I see harmony as a core value of society, so I try to live with consideration toward others. In return, as harmony requires, I expect consideration from them as well. Whenever someone breaks this pact, I get riled, though to what level depends on the situation. I don't pay much heed to random asshats I don't know, but if it's a person I know or even someone I care about it can affect me quite a lot. Context dictates how I respond, though as a rule of thumb strong emotions tend to hamper attempts, so when I recognize I'm upset it's a good idea to deal with that first. I haven't yet been in a situation where it's helpful to explode.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's not physical, probably nothing. I'm not very tough but I'll fight back if it's physical, even if I'll lose. It's the point of the matter.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on my leverage... it’s not about pride, if that’s what you are asking. Depending on the setting and thus the leverage, being disrespected can be a very good thing, if you react to it appropriately. You need to think, what reaction will have the most benefit to me in the short and long term... it should never be... ‘BUT MUH PRIDE’...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I either ignore them because I can rarely be bothered to reply whenever people are acting like retards, or I tell them to fuck off.

Context is everything, I can deal with people calling me names because frankly the amount of things I've been called growing up has desensitized me. But one thing I do not tolerate is people who talk shit about my parents or my siblings, thats not really me being insulted though since it is my family being insulted and not me.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-12-09 at 03:03 PM.

Feudal bloodshed has already been covered. Hmm...read Shogun for some creative ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    do u just let it slide? do u tell them? what would u do?
    I need context, situation, reasoning.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Featherogue View Post
    I give respect and expect respect in kind.

Or else.*

*(I'll cry)
    I'll respect you. *pats your back as you cry on shoulder*

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prison shank 'em. 'Cause I'm the big dwarf hamster in this house!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    u avin' a fit wid me blud... Let's ave it! I b bennin
    You're from Benin?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Context isn't just important, context is everything. Without it any answer you get will be inaccurate.
    Answers from the internet will be inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post

You're from Benin?
    'bennin' is street slang here in the UK, I think it means 'finding someone amusing in a you're not so tough way'. I am not naturally very 'street' so I might be saying it wrong lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I would make a scene and purposely fail miserably and make a fool of myself, Thereafter I would lock myself in my house for serveral years while having people spread rumors stating the cause of my chosen solidarity was the aforementioned occurence. I would pretend to kill myself but instead leave the country in secret.

Many years later I would return using a new identity and having undergone extensive plastic surgery, I would acquaintance myself with his/her now 18 year old daughter and I would show her the time of her life and eventually marry her, the friction this would cause between her and the disrespectee I would use to drive a wedge between the two and once again migrate.

Years later when said disrepectfull person is fading away after a long and difficult life I would reunite my wife with her lost parent and the moment she leaves his side to go to the toilet I'd whisper in his ear;"Remember when you called me a doofus?". The shock would cause him a heartattack. The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can only be considered disrespect if you let it be.

Generally speaking, who cares?

Who? My Employer? My partner? Random person on the internet? Drunk guy on the street? A cop? Noam Chomsky? Spongebob?

7+ Year Old Account
    If I'm able to, I'll leave the situation. People like that are never worth the time and effort.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

not give a shit , maybe ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the level of disrespect

If it's verbal I just smile and pretend I didn't understand it. Afterwards I just laugh.

Cackle maniacally because I have no sense of respect for myself.

Well, I would probably invite said person for dinner, dont you think?

Id just brush it off, youd have to mean something to me to disrespect me.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k