Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean they literally just nerfed a couple traits 3 weeks ago, indirectly by changing how they function while calling it a "bug". There is no hypothesis, this is how Blizzard has been doing things since Legion, that's 3 years of backed evidence, they change things without fully understanding what they're doing, a good example is the BM nerfs they did a week into Uldir, BM didn't need a nerf at all and now because of that nerf BM is sitting near the bottom of the dps statistics in Mythic, despite being the most represented spec in Mythic Uldir. Your arguments literally hold no water and it's pretty sad that you keep trying so desperately to be right, but at every turn you're wrong.
    Then don't spend your currency, if you are so afraid. Makes little difference to me, but I doubt you'll find that many people afraid of severe nerfs to specific traits months down the line when the only ones you can mention are bug fixes and classes getting nerfed have little to do with whenever the traits on a specific piece of armor will be, which is the point of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Then don't spend your currency, if you are so afraid. Makes little difference to me, but I doubt you'll find that many people afraid of severe nerfs to specific traits months down the line when the only ones you can mention are bug fixes and classes getting nerfed have little to do with whenever the traits on a specific piece of armor will be, which is the point of the discussion.
    That's besides the point, the system shouldn't be in the way that it is at all. People like you, who are now showing your white knighting of the system are what's wrong and why it takes far too long for changes to happen in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

That's besides the point, the system shouldn't be in the way that it is at all. People like you, who are now showing your white knighting of the system are what's wrong and why it takes far too long for changes to happen in the game.
    Ah, the good ol' white knight accusations when all else fails. Never heard that one before.

Well, you do you and I'll do mine, but I see no reason to engage with you further if you will persist in this attitude. Good day.

See what people like you fail to realize is that we care about the game, we want to continue playing it, and we want to stop being force fed half-assed systems that they didn't even bother to test in beta. People like you, defending Blizzard with terrible systems are the actual problem with the game right now, not the people who want to stop getting trash masked as something "fun"
    Screeching "REEEEEEEE I HATE BLIZZARD SO MUCH HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE" so incoherently that it manages to get an infraction isn't someone trying to provide constructive feedback. It's someone forcing themselves to play a game they hate and will always hate, given, as I addressed, they're literally complaining that Blizzard are daring to try to FIX what they are complaining about. (Ambiguously faulty azerite armor)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-12-10 at 04:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Screeching "REEEEEEEE I HATE BLIZZARD SO MUCH HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE" so incoherently that it manages to get an infraction isn't someone trying to provide constructive feedback. It's someone forcing themselves to play a game they hate and will always hate, given, as I addressed, they're literally complaining that Blizzard are daring to try to FIX what they are complaining about.
    The person you replied to was giving a cohesive and calm response. I'm not saying that there aren't people doing what you're saying, but you're obviously barking up the wrong tree, reacting affectively and not being constructive or adding anything to the discussion other than your own personal frustrations. Kind of ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakhazil View Post
    The person you replied to was giving a cohesive and calm response. I'm not saying that there aren't people doing what you're saying, but you're obviously barking up the wrong tree, reacting affectively and not being constructive or adding anything to the discussion other than your own personal frustrations. Kind of ironic.
    I was referring to the OP that he was defending, not himself, I thought that was obvious by mentioning that he got infracted.

The contents of OP's post boil down to
    -I hate blizzard
    -this is dumb
    -THIS is dumb
    -this is so dumb
    -I hate the old system but I hate this new system for trying to replace the old system (that I hate) and thus invaldiating the progress I made in it (that I hated making)
    -I hate mythic+
    -I hate the community
    -I hate Blizzard still!

Note the distinct lack of:

-what is hated about the azerite armor system
    -what could be done to improve the azerite armor system
    -why what is being done to improve the azerite armor system does not accomplish what the above proposed solutions would

I came back to this game after a 10 years break 2 months ago. I'm having a blast with M+, currently at 1070 IO, 378ilevel, cleared Heroic Uldir, and 2/8 Mythic and ALL of that being guildless. You don't even need to be in a guild anymore to have some of the best gear in the game and people still find ground to complain that they don't get Mythic BIS every week? Getting geared in this game is now 10 times easier as it was in Vanilla or TBC where you needed to actually play with a semi-serious guild to get anywhere close to the kind of gear I currently have.

Raiding 3-4 nights a week in Vanilla to progress in AQ, than going back to MC and BWL to get those T2 pants and that last elusive set piece was something every raiding guild had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Screeching "REEEEEEEE I HATE BLIZZARD SO MUCH HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE" so incoherently that it manages to get an infraction isn't someone trying to provide constructive feedback. It's someone forcing themselves to play a game they hate and will always hate, given, as I addressed, they're literally complaining that Blizzard are daring to try to FIX what they are complaining about. (Ambiguously faulty azerite armor)
    Yes, sure, but you making blanket statements about how anyone who dislikes anything about the game who is trying to changes to happen constructively is basically you just screeching "REEEEE" right back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Ah, the good ol' white knight accusations when all else fails. Never heard that one before.

Well, you do you and I'll do mine, but I see no reason to engage with you further if you will persist in this attitude. Good day.
    Except you're the one failing, I've proven you wrong at every turn you attempt(and fail) to take. So yes, you are an actual White Knight defending Blizzard for absolutely trash systems.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

So when are people going to realize the only thing Activision-Blizzard actually gives a fuck about is $$$ and how much time you spend playing the game.

My advise, Play it casually or don't play it at all. Playing "hardcore" will just burn you out fast and make you annoyed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    inb4 fanboys defending blizzard for literally no reason at all.
    Similar to Trump screwing over his supporters by increasing tariffs, thereby hurting American farmers and manufactorers etc...yet his supporters still love him. No f'ing clue why..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

The thing is the rate of gain has to be smooth.

In Legion, and you can look at the Wowhead guide, Titan Essences could be farmed for a random Leggo a week if you hit all the sweet spots:

Kill all the Antorus bosses at any level.
    Emissaries.
    Daily Dungeon.
    Daily PvP.

Doing that for seven days gave you just enough essences to randomly open a leggo.

By the same token, with Argus, with the weeklies and farming the rares, world quests and gates, you could get enough Veiled Argunite for several chances at Relinquished gear several times.

It was soul killing to do, but I did twice to get a character raid ready and then to get my BiS leggos on my main.

The point is, week to week, I had actual, measurable progression.

This system needs to enable people to upgrade week to week.

How possible is that with this system?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    inb4 fanboys defending blizzard for literally no reason at all.
    I believe the reason is known: Sunk Cost Falacy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Similar to Trump screwing over his supporters by increasing tariffs, thereby hurting American farmers and manufactorers etc...yet his supporters still love him. No f'ing clue why..
    See above... ;P

i want an option to turn off the badluck protection from weekly cache.
    Im swimming in worthless 390 azerite gear and still sitting on useless rings and trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    It's really not possible with how the system is formulated right now. They'd have to alter the system and how it works to make it so you could get the tokens from various sources, which in turn would probably make Blizzard increase the amount needed(because they're all about that "time played" metric now since they're losing subs by droves). What they really need to do is get rid of the "scrap azerite gear for essence" and just make drops like Legion. Because what this encourages is players NEVER trading azerite gear in pugs and making trading azerite feel awful in organized raiding, sure with organized raiding it's about the benefit of the group, but that doesn't make the process of the system feel any less shitty.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    did i stumble in the dev room at blizz hq? or is this a forum filled with paying customers discussing their common product? Why is his comment only validated if he has an alternative? please try not to be so stupid just to stand up for a company that really sees you as 15$ a month.
    Neither. It's mostly complaints, founded or not, with little actual discussion taking place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Actually that's not factually correct.
    Static/token based currencies were not removed because community hated them, but because Blizzard wanted to move towards random systems.
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/wow/blizzar...rlords-draenor
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...e-acquisition/

So the correct version of that is

Blizzard (during TBC): Alright, introducing a badge/currency system to get static rewards.
    Community: Boo! Hiss! Welfare epics be terrible!
    I think your memory needs a little jogging.

You also get raw dust from your weekly cache though. And we don't know how much exactly until tomorrow morning. Depending on that amount will decide whether or not this was a good or bad change. Personally, I want to see it take a week to get a RNG piece, and a month to get a specific. That feels right to me. It's easy to say that you want to buy 3 specific pieces in the first couple weeks through grinding, but realistically, if that were the case, what would you do after getting them? You'd get bored and be mad that they were too easy to get. If this were grindable in a meaningful way, the rage would be insane. People complaining that they 'HAVE' to grind AZ armor e.t.c (the whole trait debacle all over again)

There's something I've learnt in the last few months about BFA, and that is, the less you care about that 1% DPS increase from X, Y and Z, the more you will enjoy the game. Stop feeling compelled to get those 3x dagger in the back. Just use whatever the best gear you already have is. If you get better, great, it not, oh well. It's only 1%! Stop caring so much, it's negligible.

People wanted this since beta, to be able to target Azerite Armor. Blizz gave them this, people complaints about having to do 3 mythic+ 10 in 3 weeks to get an Azerite-item. I mean what the fuck is wrong with people? Whatever worse than white-knighting is to hate whatever Blizzard does.

They gave us targetable Azerite-Armor. Now stop whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    The thing is the rate of gain has to be smooth.

In Legion, and you can look at the Wowhead guide, Titan Essences could be farmed for a random Leggo a week if you hit all the sweet spots:

Kill all the Antorus bosses at any level.
    Emissaries.
    Daily Dungeon.
    Daily PvP.

Doing that for seven days gave you just enough essences to randomly open a leggo.

By the same token, with Argus, with the weeklies and farming the rares, world quests and gates, you could get enough Veiled Argunite for several chances at Relinquished gear several times.

It was soul killing to do, but I did twice to get a character raid ready and then to get my BiS leggos on my main.

The point is, week to week, I had actual, measurable progression.

This system needs to enable people to upgrade week to week.

Problem is that what you write here is the system they gave us when there wasn't any content left. This is what they do when character progression doesn't matter anymore. It's still 18 months before it's time to do what you suggest.

With the leggos that is. Agree on the relinquished gear. But remember that didn't happen before 7.2 in Legion. Still time.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-12-10 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    To me, your entire paragraph sounds like someone took a good ol' MMORPG behind the shed, said goodbyes and put a bullet into it.
    The modern WoW (Legion + BFA) feels very much like single-person operational conditioning chamber and not at all like a MMORPG.

It's all very subjective anyhow - some like it, others don't.

Sounds like you're having fun, so keep it up :-)
    Don't let old MMO-geezers like myself get in the way of your enjoyment of the game.
    I somewhat knew that epics were given to almost any players, since it already started during Wrath when I stopped playing. So I can't say that I was surprised by that.

However, the leveling aspect is mostly a solo experience, and M+ is the only place where I actually talked to people and made some new friends to do dungeons with. But the deep community aspect that we had back then is pretty much dead, at least on my server.

Yes, sure, but you making blanket statements about how anyone who dislikes anything about the game who is trying to changes to happen constructively is basically you just screeching "REEEEE" right back.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you're the one failing, I've proven you wrong at every turn you attempt(and fail) to take. So yes, you are an actual White Knight defending Blizzard for absolutely trash systems.
    No, like always, you fail. Fail to realize that not everyone likes the same things as you. Like always you are just complaining to complain, with no proper response. Like always, you fail to actually discuss with people. Which in turn just can't be arsed discussing with you.

You didn't prove shit to him. What you proved is that you got an opinion. Congrats man! You won an opinion!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    People wanted this since beta, to be able to target Azerite Armor. Blizz gave them this, people complaints about having to do 3 mythic+ 10 in 3 weeks to get an Azerite-item. I mean what the fuck is wrong with people? Whatever worse than white-knighting is to hate whatever Blizzard does.

They gave us targetable Azerite-Armor. Now stop whining.
    They gave you a system designed to keep you subbed by literally dangling a carrot in front of you. While the residue system provides players with "options", it is overall better for Blizzard than the original incarnation in dragging the longevity of the content. The number of residue from activities just has to be kept low enough so the next item feels within reach in the next week/weeks(/month for specific pieces) all the while ignoring that you can't get RNG lucky anymore(via weekly cache) and you are heavily incentivized not to trade armor anymore(thus overall delaying others).

When you add hotfixes down the line(for example having an azerite trait being slightly ahead of others being nerfed to slightly worse), you can drag the system for an expansion at no effort.