Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They're both neck and neck for worst expansion to me. Both sucked in their own ways as have been pointed out (Wod - lack of content but okay classes/systems, BFA - tons of content, shit classes/systems).

However, choosing which turd was the worst of the two, I'd have to go with BFA being worse (at this point). WoD had fuck all to do yet I was subbed most of the xpac (I enjoyed leveling up multiple alts and just fucking around) whereas I'm already unsubbed to BFA (with my real life situation and time available all being relatively similar).

BFA can still turn things around but I just don't see it. I just don't enjoy anything about this expac at the core, fundamental level. Not the features, classes, or systems.

As bad as WoD was, I kept playing the game actively until a fair bit into the last patch.

I've already basically stopped playing the actual game in BFA, and we are still in the first patch.

It's no contest.

WoD was a gem by comparison. At least cmode still existed before Blizz decided m+/esports should ruin the last fun thing in the game. They were taking risks in WoD. Professions mattered. Raids were fine. Cmode was good. Bfa... there's literally nothing I'm enjoying except alt-leveling/nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    Why are they stunning? Don't tell me you haven't noticed a significant amount of your bnet list vanish. People, there is a reason these forums are littered with posts complaining about BFA. The negative posts aren't to upset the people who like the game, we're venting because we loved this game and wish it would return to being half decent so that we could all enjoy it. Guilds are folding left and right, just look around. How can you be blind to how poor a state the game is in right now? This poll is great because it proves the point that so many of us are trying to explain. The more people say that this xpac is alright and continue ignoring what a dumpster fire it is, the less chance we have of anything getting done about this.

WoD was pretty bad, and the Selfie patch will never be forgotten, but at least people still played then. Everywhere I turn, I see people whose guilds have quit playing. I'm not exactly a social creature, but of the 40 or so I did have on BNet, maybe 3 or 4 still seem to play WoW.

You, "things are fine" people are the ones from the meme where the room is on fire and you're calmly sitting there trying to convince yourselves.
    My guy, I literally said "BfA is disappointing, and the design philosophy isn't good right now." Utterly misinterpreting what I said about WoD and calling me a "things are fine" person is putting words in my mouth and honestly just ignorant. Obviously things are not fine. But it's ridiculous to me how apparently BfA has distorted peoples' memories of WoD and how equally if not more disastrous it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    WoD was a gem by comparison. At least cmode still existed before Blizz decided m+/esports should ruin the last fun thing in the game. They were taking risks in WoD. Professions mattered. Raids were fine. Cmode was good. Bfa... there's literally nothing I'm enjoying except alt-leveling/nostalgia.
    Did we play the same game? Professions were in their worst state ever in WoD. The only risk they took was yet another regressive step in class design (which, in retrospect, seems pretty fun compared to the complete shit show that is BfA). Garrisons and everything surrounding them were one of the worst design elements ever incorporated into this game.

In its defense, WoD leveling was better than BfA, the dungeons were admittedly better, raids it's just too early to tell. At this point, Uldir is a far better raid than Highmaul was. Mythics are a better variant than CM's were, and for all the idiocy surrounding the change in pvp (specifically, no longer being able to blacklist bg's), warmode is leaps and bounds better than trashcan was.

As always, this sort of discussion needs to happen once the final patch for BfA goes live.

They are equals. We're just further in along the process of seeing Blizzard crumble.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I quit for the first time in my 10 years of gaming in WoD. Took a break for a few months and played something else since the game was boring.

I quit in week #3? In BFA. I haven't returned since, and I don't think I will.

That's what rates it for me.

And yeah, as well, can't wait for classic.

You forgot Cataclysm. My vote is for that. I enjoyed WoD and am still enjoying BfA.

In truth, I don’t believe any of the expansions have been bad. WoW is and always has been a fantastic game put out by one of the best gaming companies around. There are expansions I liked more than others though. So I guess that means there has to be a least favorite.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 2018-12-10 at 06:53 AM.

BFA still has time to redeem itself at least. WoD will have been shitty forever.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    BfA would probably be accepted were it not for WoD itself that really strained the userbase.

And well, the fact that the class identity so touted in Legion took a nosedive: the hunt for secret aspects was such a simple thing now gone and nobody in their right mind can see why.

WoD had the most fun combat design of any expac HANDS DOWN! While other design aspects did not sit well with players, I found many specs (Warrior/Feral/Fire Mage/Frost DK/Shadow Priest/SV Hunter) to have crazy fun combat design.

Having said, the other specs where pretty bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    WoD had the most fun combat design of any expac HANDS DOWN! While other design aspects did not sit well with players, I found many specs (Warrior/Feral/Fire Mage/Frost DK/Shadow Priest/SV Hunter) to have crazy fun combat design.

Having said, the other specs where pretty bad!
    You are listing 7 specs as awesome, while also saying the other specs were pretty bad. So how can you say it's such a good combat system when most specs were pretty bad?

Lol

Deleted
    Let's see.. WoD had Highmaul, which was great, and then came BRF, the best raid ever made in WoW history together with ICC imo. BFA has so far had Uldir, which was decent at best, but next raid looks great.. Although BFA has M+ which is pretty neat. I'd say it's a tie between two pretty good expansions

For many here, it would seem that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

It doesn't for me, I still remember everything.

Of course WoD was much worse than BfA! We practically got chained down and enslaved to our garrisons. There was also all the cut content.

My only gripe about BfA, get rid of the goddamned pathfinder achievement! This shit got old back in Legion. We need to go back to the old way of flying, at lvl 118, you fork over a bunch of gold and off you go.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    How can anyone think BFA is worse than WoD lololol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    How can anyone think BFA is worse than WoD lololol.
    People don't share same opinion? Ignorant douche.

I must be one of the few enjoying this expansion, even though Legion was much better

WoD for me was terrible, especially the cheap alternate universe

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMonk View Post
    Are you done white knighting now. BfA is garbage and its systems of ‘content’ are terrible.
    because as we know due to youtube teaching us anyone who enjoy anything ad 2018 is a shill (i admire dedication of them for inventing completly new word ) and white knight

you gotta hate on every single game out there to be in "fun kids club"

god it feels good to be a shill nowadays ^^ you make all internet trolls rage imidiately just by admiting to be one

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was far more impressive visually, I'd say.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You forgot Cataclysm. My vote is for that. I enjoyed WoD and am still enjoying BfA.

In truth, I don’t believe any of the expansions have been bad. WoW is and always has been a fantastic game put out by one of the best gaming companies around. There are expansions I liked more than others though. So I guess that means there has to be a least favorite.
    i think your statement is the most equanimous and honestly agreeable one i've ever seen on this topic, ever. Thanks sir

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because as we know due to youtube teaching us anyone who enjoy anything ad 2018 is a shill (i admire dedication of them for inventing completly new word ) and white knight

you gotta hate on every single game out there to be in "fun kids club"

god it feels good to be a shill nowadays ^^ you make all internet trolls rage imidiately just by admiting to be one
    what's a shill?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    For many here, it would seem that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

It doesn't for me, I still remember everything.

Of course WoD was much worse than BfA! We practically got chained down and enslaved to our garrisons. There was also all the cut content.

My only gripe about BfA, get rid of the goddamned pathfinder achievement! This shit got old back in Legion. We need to go back to the old way of flying, at lvl 118, you fork over a bunch of gold and off you go.
    about the cut content, ok, it's the same issue Cata had (being cut with a saw cause i dunno insane expansion planning "we want to make a bigger number of shorter expansion" "guess what, we now want to make a smaller number of longer expansions, now that we stopped sniffing glue")

But honestly, how were we chained to the garrison? i don't remember a NKVD officer pointing a tokarev in our backs ready to shoot if we left the place :|