10+ Year Old Account

Why does my android folder show up empty on PC?

I have a ton of photos and videos yet it doesn't detect anything in my folder.. it's connected just fine.

Should I just upload everything to google cloud and download from there or is there something I'm missing this shit is starting to piss me off..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I have a ton of photos and videos yet it doesn't detect anything in my folder.. it's connected just fine.

Should I just upload everything to google cloud and download from there or is there something I'm missing this shit is starting to piss me off..
    When you connected did you select MTP on the device ? You need to select whatever lets you transfer files from the phone and whatever isn't encrypted will appear.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-12-09 at 11:49 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

It's 21st century man.
    You can still manually back shit up over the cable if you want, but what is stopping you from flipping the "sync with google drive" switch so it is done automatically without you having to even think about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    It's 21st century man.
    You can still manually back shit up over the cable if you want, but what is stopping you from flipping the "sync with google drive" switch so it is done automatically without you having to even think about it?
    They might not want to back it up on cloud service... Especially considering A) Google and B) Security breaches

- - - Updated - - -

What phone is it? By chance a nexus 5 or 6?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    They might not want to back it up on cloud service... Especially considering A) Google and B) Security breaches

Yeah well, me and my entire extended family does that. Are we in danger?

depending on what phone you have you may need to unlock a permission to see the files on your computer.

for mine after plugging it in to my PC i have to unlock the phone and click on allow for it to access the files. just plugging in the phone before allowing that just showed an empty folder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Yeah well, me and my entire extended family does that. Are we in danger?
    I wouldn't say you're "in danger" however some people don't like having their pictures available to google. To each their own, but I won't tell someone "Thats dumb" if they don't want their stuff on there.

As for breaches.. well.. Every celebrity that had their pictures leaked on the internet will tell you its a concern. Sometimes stuff is just safer on your computer. Or at the very least, peace of mind. Again, to each their own. I think online backup/storage is great.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you enabled file sharing? On my phone I have to do it every time I plug it in to my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I wouldn't say you're "in danger" however some people don't like having their pictures available to google. To each their own, but I won't tell someone "Thats dumb" if they don't want their stuff on there.
    Good thing I didn't say it then.