Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, mounts should not be there.

Toys are a good middle ground, more hardcore collectors will still go for it, while the rest won't feel forced to do them.

No no no no no nooooooooooooo.
    Rep grinding for a year to get those stupid mounts in Legion was hell.
    WQ are boring... BfA WQ are even more boring than Legions.

Paragon chests are not a fun experience, they should just give extra resources/gold so that feel nice as an extra.
    It doesn't feel good to grind WQ for 1-2 weeks for a chest with a low chance to drop a mount/toy.
    It feels bad. And then you repeat that experience up to 50+ times until you finally get it.
    And even then it doesn't feel good. It's just a relief that you don't 'have' to do it anymore.
    Fun eh?

I would rather they just have some titan residue, AP, and some gold. Maybe some tmog set or something that's rare just for a giggles reward. If a mount was in there I honestly wouldn't care. I mean its a little carrot but by this point I have a reskin of the same mount skeletons about a dozen times now. No need for more as far as I am concerned.

I refuse to farm months even years doing the same world quests for a low chance at a mount. The rewards could be gold or currency instead. Currency to buy stuff, so you can actually buy stuff with it instead of hoping to get a 1% chance at a drop.
    Last edited by Loeve; 2018-12-10 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Players are NOT saying "I refuse to do them if the legion-style mount system for paragon emissaries return"
    Thats exactly what im saying, nothing more boring than doing emmisaries for a crystal, a bit of resouces and some gold.

Yes we need more recolored mounts/pets/toys because this game is in perfect state and have no other problems.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No, mounts should not be there.

Toys are a good middle ground, more hardcore collectors will still go for it, while the rest won't feel forced to do them.
    Mounts are not and have never been mandatory content. So the argument that people felt "forced" to do paragon reps is nonsensical.

Paragon chests rewarded people for doing repeatable content that the game was designed to get people to do. I think leaving the mounts out this time just detracts from that, and I agree with the OP that it's a pity they've left them out this time, because it's taking away a reward from people who are diligent about doing their emissary quests in order to placate a bunch of people who just don't want to do anything beyond the bare minimum while still feeling entitled to get every reward in the game.

This goes to show blizzard does listen to the players and care what we think

I don't want mounts in there either, but the OP has a point - which is, without mounts in there, people won't do the paragon reps.
    I mean that's why we don't want the mounts there, don't we? So we don't do the reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Players are NOT saying "I refuse to do them if the legion-style mount system for paragon emissaries return".
    3 weeks ago I got the last mount from the fucking paragon chests from Legion after playing throughout 90% of the Legion uptime and after turning in an estimate of fuckone of paragon quests. I still have no kirin tor or dreamweavers pets from respective chests after nearly 200 turnins of each. This obscenely RNG based tedious as fuck grind is utter shit and I refuse to do anything similar to it in future. It's no fun, rewards are not prestigious in the least, it's one of the worst types of grind out there.

I don't mind no mounts in paragon chests - It was such pain farming them continually in Legion - I only got my Stormdrake in the last week of Legion.

It does annoy me that instead, all the new mounts are on bloody islands again. Seriously though? How much do they expect us to keep farming islands

The weird part is that a lot of them barely fit in with the Islands theme. This is one of my issues with the whole "Alliance only got horses" reputation problems. There actually ARE mounts that would have fit them added. As an example, We spend most of Tiragard flying on parrots, parrots for flight points, quests flying on parrots. So they add a parrot mount and... stick it randomly on the Island and give us another horse. Even the albatross feels at home in Kul Tiras. The bees will probably end up in Islands too lol

Also, there needs to be something more worthwhile from the Paragon Caches if they're doing them. Massively outdated armour and a little azerite isn't much of a reward (and most of the toys in game are a bit too crappy tbh)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I think I got one of the Legion mounts at some point.

I don’t use it.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I don't want mounts in there either, but the OP has a point - which is, without mounts in there, people won't do the paragon reps.
    I mean that's why we don't want the mounts there, don't we? So we don't do the reps.
    Why should we be doing paragon chests, anyway? These are a bonus for people who like doing emissary quests. It's a bonus on top to the usual emissary rewards, and should be handled as such. Rewarding a bit of gold, azerite, resources.

Before Legion, people have been running daily quests for gold income. Every quest had a gold reward attached to it. They reworked this system, so world quests reward different things. If you want to earn a bit more of these, you do emissaries and that's it. Any kind of special reward attached to emissary chests should not be there in the first place. These things belong onto reputation vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    literally nobody wants mounts in there. leave it alone.

the mounts are on the vendors where they belong.
    If there are not mounts I will not do them.
    So yeah, I want mounts there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I just want some Bad Luck protection. It'll keep me going.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I would be in favor of paragon mounts if they adjusted them better than they were in legion. Remember reading an idea on the forums were you could get a type of currency and eventually after you acquired set currency you could get said mount (if you havent already gotten it from the box already).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Honestly.... Why not both? Have the rep vendor sell a mount at Exalted and then have the emmisarry cache drop another mount, like a recolored version or something else. For example, it always bothered me that the HM Tauren didn't sell an eagle mount.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I grinded the legion mounts on 5 chars ad nauseam. No more RNG rep mounts, please! Thank you! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Mounts are not and have never been mandatory content. So the argument that people felt "forced" to do paragon reps is nonsensical.

Paragon chests rewarded people for doing repeatable content that the game was designed to get people to do. I think leaving the mounts out this time just detracts from that, and I agree with the OP that it's a pity they've left them out this time, because it's taking away a reward from people who are diligent about doing their emissary quests in order to placate a bunch of people who just don't want to do anything beyond the bare minimum while still feeling entitled to get every reward in the game.
    Paragon mounts were not just "something more than the bare minimum", they were (or still are for many of us) an insane grind with far too low chance of a reward.

And yeah, you are not forced to do anything, but at the current state of the game, farming collectibles is one of the major entertainments in WoW, and mounts are the pinnacle of this farming for most collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Honestly.... Why not both? Have the rep vendor sell a mount at Exalted and then have the emmisarry cache drop another mount, like a recolored version or something else. For example, it always bothered me that the HM Tauren didn't sell an eagle mount.
    Because it doesn't matter if you have both or not. If there is an acquirable mount in the game, that needs the collectors must get it, so it's just all the same.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Paragon mounts were not just "something more than the bare minimum", they were (or still are for many of us) an insane grind with far too low chance of a reward.

And yeah, you are not forced to do anything, but at the current state of the game, farming collectibles is one of the major entertainments in WoW, and mounts are the pinnacle of this farming for most collectors.

Because it doesn't matter if you have both or not. If there is an acquirable mount in the game, that needs the collectors must get it, so it's just all the same.
    No no, there is absolutely no "must get it". If people can't control their urges or desires, well that's no ones issue or fault bar their own.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann