Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Actually 8.1 has the most content a patch ever had

It's not content that you can play or see or feel - you don't even notice that it's there. Wow is utilizing for usage of multicore cpus.

Whenever you judge 8.1 and "how less content" it might be and how bad the timegating is and such keep in mind that this change is a major tech step. We can be glad that a raid is added because from the technical point of view that's really not an easy update. In fact that could break several things but opens up alot of opportunities.

Further explaination:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAUuBcEwUs

Would be nice to spread the word... that's something that is needed once in a while to maintain software but it's always forgotten when judging features.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean yea this is big, but it is a **game**, there needs to be content

And you got playable content it could be more fore sure.

But everyone want's to know "what are the devs working on ffs?" - beause there are no major class changes no new content or things like that. Everyone expects super high things for the next patch because "they clearly didn't work on anything".

Guess what? They're working on that backend stuff that nobody notices. It's more than important to keep that in mind because 8.1.5 and 8.2 will likely not have "the great compensation" for 8.1. There will be more new content but after 8.1 they probably have to fix various things caused by this change.

Want to know why the devs don't "listen to feedback and don't interact with the community?" Or why it seems that they are out of touch with the community?

To a certain degree they are for sure not as connected to us as they have been. But right now they're probably bringing the game to the next tech level to be able to develop in the future.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me content is questlines. Never cared too much about raiding or repetitive instanced content like warfronts or dungeons. So saying a patch has the most content it ever had when you can do the new questlines in 2h and be done with taht,it's still the same
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Atleast someone is fucking being positive then complaining about 8.1 basically only having 3 hours of content lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Something that i have seen over the last 2 expansions, is that the amount of content is not really that important, but the quality of the content is. After a specific amount of content, it is really much more valueable to get quality content, that is diverse, interesting and captures the eye of the player, than just having more.

So saying that, by the numbers, 8.1 has the most content, it is not really saying much about if we will enjoy it that much. I would for example prefer having a new ogrila demon gate, a new plant-vs-zombies mini game, a new argent tournament style mount farming and spoils of the thunder king like event, over an entire new tanaan jungle with all that is in it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Hmm WoW to support muti-cpus man im excited for this.

I'm running with a 8700k 4.7ghz, 16gb ram and a GTX 1080 on a single 1080p 144hz monitor and I still don't get a consistent 60 fps from WoW lool

I keep wondering what setting do i need to turn down to get 60fps consistently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    It's not content that you can play or see or feel - you don't even notice that it's there. Wow is utilizing for usage of multicore cpus.

Whenever you judge 8.1 and "how less content" it might be and how bad the timegating is and such keep in mind that this change is a major tech step. We can be glad that a raid is added because from the technical point of view that's really not an easy update. In fact that could break several things but opens up alot of opportunities.

Further explaination:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAUuBcEwUs

Would be nice to spread the word... that's something that is needed once in a while to maintain software but it's always forgotten when judging features.
    Nice bait. It's not CONTENT. It's a technical improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Want to know why the devs don't "listen to feedback and don't interact with the community?" Or why it seems that they are out of touch with the community?

To a certain degree they are for sure not as connected to us as they have been. But right now they're probably bringing the game to the next tech level to be able to develop in the future.

If they continue their current path of disconnection to the community, there will be not much players left to develop for in the future.

Makes you wonder where all the (content creators) are. ;D
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Is this For DX12 only or also DX11?

This patch is massive. We can do part of a hour long question once a week for 6 weeks to drag it out. Insane levels of content. Insane. I will also Get a few more FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    wake me up when I can PLAY "better multicore storage use"
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    I keep wondering what setting do i need to turn down to get 60fps consistently.
    Only setting that could help you would be turning down the 'expectation' bar.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the ones complaining are teenagers or others with nothing else to do but to play 24/7, we just have to ignore them like we always did. Hey, I used to be one of those so I know how it goes.

It is definitely impossible to make everyone happy, you have everything between casual and elitist players playing the same game... Remember that.

Technological improvements are not content.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Eh.... ok?
    WoD had the biggest amount of content, because they fixed their number limit barrier and allowed for more stuff to happen at once in the game.

Wait, no, that's a technical thing, not a content...

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter. If you add 10 bags of shit to something shitty, the result is a little bit more shit than before, but still shit.

Okay guy. How about you masturbate to this "content" on your own time. The rest of us here are not interested in watching it.

Deleted
    Oh wait I got another snark comment.

Now I'll have more FPS, the game will run smoother and I will go throuth the *great* content in a shorter time, which results in less content for me.