Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's the point of this thread though?

You don't like it, dont play it. I like it, and have played on private servers for years, done the whole 1-60 grind multiple times, done all the raids a bunch of times. And I am still learning new things about it.

Vanilla is great, same as people still play old Mario games. Some people just prefer the way games was back in the day, with grinds etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Another one... can we please start banning those people?
    There have been tons of useless threads like OPs... why create another one, again?
    For your dumb and insecure ass it is inferior and for others more fun and superior. As many people so many opinions.
    Dont like it and not interested? Stick to other parts of the forums and stray away from this subforum and play Retail and have fun there.

10+ Year Old Account
    My God, we are very different, your points are:

No pet/mount/toy collection tab - Who cares, there were barely ANY pets or toys back then and who needs more than a few mounts?
    No LFR/LFG - Are you sure this is suppose to be on this list? LFR is cancer, that's usually something people consider, you know, a bad thing?
    No transmog/reforge - There is no reforge now either. I miss transmog, but the nicest sets/gears in the game are from vanilla. So no biggie.
    Weapon skills - This was really cool and gave the game som actual depth!
    Spell ranks - Again, This was really cool and gave the game som actual depth!
    Key rings - Again, This was really cool and gave the game som actual depth!
    Reagent for buffs - Again, This was really cool and gave the game som actual depth!
    Arrows, bullets, poisons, etc - Again, This was really cool and gave the game som actual depth!
    No in-game quest helper (not even quest helper addon, check thottbot or whatever) - Cause you quest WRONG. You are SUPPOSE to read the QUEST TEXT/INFO!
    Compared to today, raid boss mechanics were crazily simple, and class rotation were almost non-existant - I'm sure you killed Kelthuzad many times mechanics is not all that define difficulty
    and ofc vastly inferior graphics - So what? You don't enjoy playing old Nintendo games from time to time? I sure do! Graphic never matters.

Everything listed as bad are the reason I can't wait for the game!!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Because there's a demand for it. Look up the amount of pirate servers and how many people play on them.
    The minority of those enjoy vanilla and the majority never played on official servers and never spent money on any mmo. Unthinkable to pay a subscription even...

I dont think thats the crowd they are aiming for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they wanted a backup plan in case a future retail expansion was simply horrible *cough*bfa*cough*wod2.0*cough*beta for azeroth*cough* I'm sorry, I'm kinda sick. Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh, yeah. Classic is basically a backup plan. If an expansion is horrible, people won't subscribe. But having classic with a requirement to have a subscription increases dramatically the chances for the playerbase to have active subscriptions. For example, me. I un-subscribed in beta BfA (I'm that good) but I will subscribe when the real game launches this summer. Also, the number of current subscribers in WoW is at an all-time low based on what we see in *high* population servers and guilds and their current condition.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Wrath still had spell ranks, weapon skills, arrow, bullets, poisons etc.
    Wrath didn't have mount/pet/toy tabs.
    Wrath didn't have heirlooms/transmog
    Warth didn't have dungeon journals

There are a lot of quality of life improvement over the years, people just don't realize it.
    It looks like you are trolling or something

I hate every single one of those "improvements" and then some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Deleted
    It was a social mmorpg when mmorpg's were one of the only forms of "social gaming". With cellphones & facebook saturating everyone's existence now, a mainstream MMO no longer has the monopoly on "connecting people to play together".
    That's true to an extend, but in vanilla(classic) you don't really have much choice. In closed community people will be forced to socialize, which is one of the main reason many of the current mmo players will either quit or not even try the game. Honestly, thats fine by me. I can't even imagine what the forums and the world chat will look like in the first 1-2 months after release. I mean, people will need groups for mere quests...can you imagine the horror? And not the type of quest where the addon pops up and you click to be magically teleported to another realm with people in a group that you won't even need to bother to say "hello".

On a side note, its pretty non-existent "issue" based on my observation of Private servers, people here behave pretty much like back in the day.

Thing is, if blizzard actually make the game for that community, they should know that it won't bring new players(or atleast not much). I hope greed doesn't find a way though...you know Activision.
    Last edited by mmoc19de4c2ef6; 2018-12-09 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    It looks like you are trolling or something

I hate every single one of those "improvements" and then some.
    How does someone "HATE" a pet tab?

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Hey OP.
    Why do people play Final Fantasy 7 when there’s 15 to play? Why do they play Mario 1 or 3 when there’s Super Mario Odyssey to play? Or why do they play Diablo 2 when there’s Diablo 3?
    Because the games are entirely different now. Some folks prefer the old game. It’s crazy I know.
    Why people don't go hunting for Final Fantasy X if they have Final Fantasy X HD?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ummm I'm gonna say that people kinda DID want that...at least LFG since that did solve a LOT of smaller servers issues like lower levels not really being ABLE to actually do dungeons due to not enough people at the level bracket to actually do dungeons WITH...I don't know about you but about mid wrath LFG BRD turned into LF someone to carry me through BRD cause I can't find anyone who's level fucking 47-60 to actually do the damned dungeon with.
    Which is very small con compared to completly ruining dunegeon content and community thanks to LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ummm I'm gonna say that people kinda DID want that...at least LFG since that did solve a LOT of smaller servers issues like lower levels not really being ABLE to actually do dungeons due to not enough people at the level bracket to actually do dungeons WITH...I don't know about you but about mid wrath LFG BRD turned into LF someone to carry me through BRD cause I can't find anyone who's level fucking 47-60 to actually do the damned dungeon with.
    it also ensured that dungeons would forever remain a no skill aoe tank and spank fest. so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Until Blizzard makes it clear that they regret turning 'Live' into a brainless theme park that is built around guaranteed success, I'll look forward to Classic.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Why people don't go hunting for Final Fantasy X if they have Final Fantasy X HD?
    Because it’s the same exact game with better graphics. You surely can not be attempting to say BFA is the same exact game as vanilla.

Also some people do prefer to play the original version because they like to play it on the original system it launched with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalha View Post
    The minority of those enjoy vanilla and the majority never played on official servers and never spent money on any mmo. Unthinkable to pay a subscription even...

I dont think thats the crowd they are aiming for.
    If that were the majority then why do they play on vanilla and not a BFA pirated server? Or Legion? They do exist. They’re just dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Because it’s the same exact game with better graphics. You surely can not be attempting to say BFA is the same exact game as vanilla.

Also some people do prefer to play the original version because they like to play it on the original system it launched with.

- - - Updated - - -

If that were the majority then why do they play on vanilla and not a BFA pirated server? Or Legion? They do exist. They’re just dead.
    Can you explain how many features are fully working on those private servers?

You know... When you reach the age of reasoning, you kinda expect people to give you some data.
    You can start by saying whats fully working and whats missing in each of those private servers.
    The age of those players and whats their monetary situation. How long they play .... Etc etc etc

Because we have been praising for some gods for more than 2000 years by now and I havent seen any data about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    There is such a thing as being TOO convenient. At that point, you're no longer playing a game, you're just sightseeing in a theme park.
    Best thing I read all day

So that bystanders can continue to laugh at all the outrage from both extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    Blizzard doesn't make these games to keep the fans happy despite what many of you think, blizzard provides a product that will maximize return on investment
    So, if fans aren't happy and stop playing (paying monthly), how exactly is there a return on investment...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalha View Post
    Can you explain how many features are fully working on those private servers?

You know... When you reach the age of reasoning, you kinda expect people to give you some data.
    You can start by saying whats fully working and whats missing in each of those private servers.
    The age of those players and whats their monetary situation. How long they play .... Etc etc etc

Because we have been praising for some gods for more than 2000 years by now and I havent seen any data about it yet.
    No I can’t explain it because I’ll be banned for discussing it in that detail. They don’t want us talking about private realms in details here. You can use google though and find much of the info you’d like. You can also visit 4chan, they have specific forums for these illegal servers. You’re in the age of technology my friend. You can use google to find anything! It’s pretty cool. Just think of what you’d like to know and you can find answers to it or forums where it’s discussed. It’ll blow your mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because releasing classic gives Blizzard every excuse to shut down private servers without a massive public backlash. Nostalrius was a disaster for them from a PR perspective.

Consumers have clearly spoken that they want this and that denying them while also trying to shut down shaddy, illegal private servers will end badly for Blizzard.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Because releasing classic gives Blizzard every excuse to shut down private servers without a massive public backlash. Nostalrius was a disaster for them from a PR perspective.

Consumers have clearly spoken that they want this and that denying them while also trying to shut down shaddy, illegal private servers will end badly for Blizzard.
    True, but why not also get the good will of actually providing legacy servers that people want?