Thread: Rastakahn decks

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Rastakahn decks

Post in here what you're experimenting with in the new expac!

I'm currently playing a Baku Mage utilising both Elementals and Big Spell package, which is proving to be pretty damn successful so far. The hero power support is excellent for board control, theres F U C K L O A D S of tempo draw and hand refill, and Jan'alai combos so very nicely with Zola. It's proving strong against most decks I've faced except combo OTK decks, as it doesn't have anything to prevent combos except hoping to grind them down before combos can be played.

I also 100% forgot until I actually played Jan'alai that Rag is an Elemental, and thus his 8dmg hit heals when you have DK up, making it a VERY safe play under most circumstances.

### Baku Power
    # Class: Mage
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Arcane Artificer
    # 2x (1) Daring Fire-Eater
    # 2x (1) Fire Fly
    # 2x (3) Black Cat
    # 2x (3) Pyromaniac
    # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 1x (3) Voodoo Doll
    # 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
    # 2x (5) Arcane Tyrant
    # 2x (5) Bonfire Elemental
    # 2x (5) Dragon's Fury
    # 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
    # 1x (7) Baron Geddon
    # 2x (7) Blazecaller
    # 2x (7) Flamestrike
    # 1x (7) Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    # 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
    #
    AAECAf0EBtACm9MCw+oCt/ECnvgCqIcDDOwH68ICwsMCysMCyMcC29MC1+ECluQCzvICvfoCpIcDzYkDAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Out of curiosity @Nikkaszal what ranks are you on with that deck.
    I just made one of my own and im still struggling to get rank 15
    I will post mine soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently 12 as I have been letting my ranking slip in Standard for a while (been playing mostly Wild)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Currently 12 as I have been letting my ranking slip in Standard for a while (been playing mostly Wild)
    Cool, thats very high rank for me (i only play with made up decks by me)
    I only wanted to make a post when i actually reached rank 15....but i played all day long until now and my head hurts...so i will just post now.
    Im rank 16 with 2 starts ATM

---------------

### New Pirates
    # Class: Rogue
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 1x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (1) Serrated Tooth
    # 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
    # 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
    # 2x (2) Sharkfin Fan
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) Raiding Party
    # 2x (3) Southsea Captain
    # 2x (4) Fal'dorei Strider
    # 2x (4) Ticket Scalper
    # 2x (4) Walk the Plank
    # 2x (6) Cannon Barrage
    # 2x (6) Cursed Castaway
    # 1x (8) Captain Hooktusk
    #
    AAECAaIHBLQBsgLtBdaMAw37AagFiAfnB4YJ3NEC3+8Cqv8Cs4UDz4kDzowD1YwD24wDAA==

All you need to know is to almost never play Sharkfin Fan
    Save him for a Cannon Barrage Combo
    Unless is a perfect curve...you cant play it.

The perfect curve is
    1) Serrated Tooth
    2) Sharkfin Fan or Bloodsail Raider
    3) Southsea Captain

If you dont have the perfect curve, DONT PLAY Sharkfin Fan, save him for Cannon Barrage.

The idea of the deck is to spam card draw to spawn spiders...and your spiders can have rush with the new weapon.
    But use the weapon only with Ticket Scalper or emergencies.

And...thats it........PIRATES!

15+ Year Old Account
    An issue I'm seeing with your deck is that you're pouring so much hope on a "dream" Cannon Barrage as your win condition through draw and tech that you're neglecting the meat needed to get there. Early game is strong, sure, but your midgame options in there are really limited. It almost seems like you're relying on drawing spiders to keep board presence through turns 5 to 8, because Ticket Scalper and Cursed Castaway BOTH die to 2mana removal. You also don't have cheap fuel for VC without blowing everything you have at once so I would imagine he wouldn't usually get much fatter than 6/6 if you're really lucky.

With a god hand you'll absolutely dominate the early turns, but one boardclear and you're pretty stricken as you won't be able to quickly find your feet again like other tempo decks. And once you're cleared you will have MASSIVE problems trying to get a fat Cannon Barrage, since you lack the pressure to keep your opponents board under control and I imagine most of the shots you fire hit minions rather than face.

I would instead recommend cutting out a lot of the unnecessary draw, VC, Cursed Castaway (the only Combo card you have is Raiding Party) and dump the Serrated Tooths, and instead add a Kingsbane package with DP x2, Shinyfinder x2, Cutthroat Buccaneer x2, Dread Corsair x2 (Why do you not have these already to protect your early Bloodsails/Captains?) and Greenskin at the least. You could even add more KB support if you wanted like Doomerang and Leeching, but the base package should suffice. With Shinyfinder and Raiding Party you have FOUR tutors for KB which is absolutely fucking nuts, which means you will be able to keep pressure going through constant KB swings pretty much the entire game. You already have draw/recruit enough through Raiding Party and Hooktusk, so the rest you have in right now is basically dead weight.

Also don't save your Sharkfin Fans JUST for a dream Cannon Barrage. They exist to provide mounting pressure and a threat your opponent must deal with BECAUSE of the risk of Cannon Barrage, so get 'em out early when you're swinging. It's no good having cards available for a meaty five-pirate Barrage if your opponent has been allowed to freely build board.

Also - Bloodsail Howler! You're almost guaranteed a 2mana 3/3 Rush at least (esp with Sharkfin Fan), with the Pirate tag for synergy. Get 'em.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-12-05 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    For all the rogue fans out there i found an awesome asian youtuber with cool decks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuO...NFepNAQ/videos

He is using one idea i had yesterday but couldnt implement it with success like he does:
    He uses both this cards in tempo rogue:

15+ Year Old Account
    Update on the Odd Elemental Mage deck in the first post, after almost a week of Rastakahn:

Spell Hunters are literally everywhere on the ladder, which is great news for me since this deck absolutely DESTROYS them. Packing four reliable clears through Dragons Fury and Flamestrike, it handily deals with both the hard-played 4 x 3/3 as well as the Zul'jin repopulate. Has too much tempo for Spell Hunter to deal with effectively and once DK Jaina hits ths board it's all over.

Conversely, it the deck gets straight-up murdered by Odd Paladin (if you don't have Fire Flies and Tar Creepers in your opening hand, its pretty much GG from turn 1), and struggles against the various KB rogue packages without some good luck (basically need a few turns freezing his face with Water Eles in order to punch through his lifesteal, which is difficult with Doomerang/Vanish and the conditional nature of spawning Eles).

Still, I've piloted this deck to 9+ wins a few times in this week's Brawliseum with a very positive winrate, so I think I'm onto something pretty solid here (UPDATE - also now a 12win run)
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-12-10 at 06:44 AM.

I made a deck that works around Kragwa the Frog and Unstable Evolution....these games can be really fun if you love some unexpected things in your games...

Deleted
    @Nikkaszal

Glad to see you are having fun
    Im kinda sad and demotivated at the moment because i reached a wall at rank 13.

Hunter is fucking me up.
    And the entire demotivation came when i made AN ENTIRE deck to counter Hunter............i got all the cards i wanted....and still lost to hunter.

I managed to beat hunter at lower ranks with Captain Hooktusks and Mind Control Tech but now for some reason i cant.
    Im playing other decks though at the moment.

I wish Rogue was more powerful and had more potential. Rogue SUCKS. The only worse class is Warrior...but still warrior has insane potential for the future...rogue doesnt.

edit: Oh i forgot to mention, i REFUSE to play Kingsbane Rogue even though i have all the cards for it.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-12-10 at 11:55 AM.

I've just been trying the Ice-cream shudderwock deck and it's pretty ridiculous, depending on how many of the combo pieces you've assembled turns can take ages of doing almost nothing. Can Be very tedious in some respect but also fun in a sadistic way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a lot of fun with Midrange Hunter right now. Added the new beast ax, hunter totem (still sounds weird), the Legendary Lynx and the new 1 drop kitties. I have had a lot of success, especially if they ignore the totem for a turn or two. Its great to control the board early and then fall back on the infinite value that is Rexxar DK.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Unpopular opinion,but the new cards are pretty trash.

The main problem is the DK cards are way too meta oppressive, which means if your deck isn't extremely aggro based or combo/OTK based, its eaten to death by Frost Lich Jaina or DK Rexxar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Unpopular opinion,but the new cards are pretty trash.

The main problem is the DK cards are way too meta oppressive, which means if your deck isn't extremely aggro based or combo/OTK based, its eaten to death by Frost Lich Jaina or DK Rexxar.
    I actually like a lot more of the cards in this one compared to the ones in Boomsday. I agree the DKs hurt the meta and there will be a massive shift when they rotate out. So far the 3 decks i have tested with have added on average 6 new cards, but also they all have their respective DK.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Is there a deck that can give like 65-70% win rate? I'm sick of grinding hundreds of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    @Nikkaszal

edit: Oh i forgot to mention, i REFUSE to play Kingsbane Rogue even though i have all the cards for it.
    Haha thats funny. Many popular rogue decks use Kingbane, but i aint touching that shit...i hate to play against it and i hate to have it in my deck.
    I have seen some days ago that your deck you posted here was without Kingbane so i gave it a shot. I already struggled at rank 15 and i also opened 2 shaman legendaries since then...so im trying to bring those into the game

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Is there a deck that can give like 65-70% win rate? I'm sick of grinding hundreds of games.
    Not against every deck. Certain matchups maybe. Playing odd mage if everyone's playing spell hunter might be useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Haha thats funny. Many popular rogue decks use Kingbane, but i aint touching that shit...i hate to play against it and i hate to have it in my deck.
    I have seen some days ago that your deck you posted here was without Kingbane so i gave it a shot. I already struggled at rank 15 and i also opened 2 shaman legendaries since then...so im trying to bring those into the game
    I made a new deck based on another asian deck...but mine is HEAVILY Tech'ed.

Its supposedly to defeat hunter...but for some reason i still havent faced a hunter since i "tech'ed" it so i still dont know if it defeats hunter. LOL

BUT i defeated everyone else so far.
    I just faced a Kingsbane Rogue where i Acidic Swamped Oozed him 3 TIMES (with a shadowstep on Ooze) ROFLMAO

Here is my heavy tech deck at rank 12 now
    I will let you know if it can beat hunters or not....i still dont know...but is a miracle this deck beated everyone so far

### Fuck Hunters
    # Class: Rogue
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 1x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Cold Blood
    # 2x (1) Fire Fly
    # 2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
    # 2x (2) Plated Beetle
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) Mind Control Tech
    # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
    # 2x (4) Lifedrinker
    # 2x (4) Spirit of the Shark
    # 2x (5) Chief Inspector
    # 2x (5) Fungalmancer
    # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    # 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
    # 1x (6) Mojomaster Zihi
    #
    AAECAaIHBLIC7QKvBMCPAw20AYwC3gWKB4HCAuvCAsrDAtHhAtvjAurmAu/xAuLyArSGAwA=

edit: i just lost to a hunter.............FUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-12-10 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    No deck will maintain 65+ in every match up. That and you can copy and paste any deck but just piloting a deck you will typically see less success until you get a decent number of games under your belt with it.

If you don't want to grind games, you probably shouldn't be playing a digital card game. These are all grinds to encouraged MTX.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, Odd Mage is pretty good.
    What about EVEN MAGE?

I built a deck mostly because I wanted to play around with Spirit Of The Dragonhawk, and I'm actually liking it a bit. It borrows the core concepts from Handlock/Evenlock, with the main threats in this deck being taunted-up Giants and Twilight Drakes, Bonemares and LK. It also has a little more big-hand support from Meteorologist, which can either be used as a board-swarm mop-up or a surprise face nuke if the opponent's board is empty. Instead of DK Guldan as the lategame finisher, this deck uses Pyroblast and Fireballs.

The 1mana ping is surprisingly very versatile. I like it. This deck ruins the day of Odd Paladins, but will probably fare very poorly against control and combo decks. However, Geist tech is available for Hakkar decks, which is nice.

I would also want Malacrass in this deck, but I'm not going to craft him just for a meme. He would slot in here very well though. (EDIT - Honestly this deck probably NEEDS Malacrass to be remotely viable. I just don't wanna)

Give it a go if you want to try something different.

### Even?
    # Class: Mage
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (2) Frostbolt
    # 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
    # 2x (2) Research Project
    # 2x (2) Shimmering Tempest
    # 2x (2) Spirit of the Dragonhawk
    # 2x (2) Sunfury Protector
    # 2x (4) Fireball
    # 2x (4) Polymorph
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 1x (6) Genn Greymane
    # 1x (6) Meteorologist
    # 1x (6) Mossy Horror
    # 1x (6) Skulking Geist
    # 2x (8) Bonemare
    # 2x (8) Primordial Drake
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (10) Pyroblast
    # 2x (12) Mountain Giant
    #
    AAECAf0EBr8IoM4Cws4Cy+wCzfQCtfwCDE27ApYF+wbhB40ImMQCx8cCyccCps4CtPwCrYcDAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-12-11 at 05:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    So, Odd Mage is pretty good.
    What about EVEN MAGE?
    The odd mage is carried by the DK card, which means as long as you get to turn 9, you have a solid chance, and the 2/4 dmg ping + board destruction cards complements that well.

This even mage is trash all around. I bet that an odd pala could go ~60% win rate against this(simply on the back of bad draw). The deck is so bad I could improve its overall win rate by ~5-10% by adding DK Jaina(at the price of killing the 1 cost of the hero power, but at that point is there even a point to even mage).

As I said before, while DK cards exist, you cannot play a control deck without playing them(or shudderwork in shaman's case). You are playing for the long game but autolose vs DKs and sometimes lose vs any aggro due to bad draw. You nearly always lose to combo.