Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It just dawned on me how the entire Smash roster is JP characters. I think they will try to get a big western character in with the DLC. Possibly an Overwatch character now that a relationship has been established with blizzard(lets be honest most western characters are boring AF this would be the one that fits best).

I also fully expect Yokai and Resident Evil reps in the DLC outside of that. Not sure on a 5th.
    I should point out that there are 3 characters made outside Japan, Diddy and K. Rool (English), and Dark Samus (American).

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    other people have said it but i think doom guy would be a good choice for a western rep, doom is one of the most well known games of all time, has massive historical significance to an entire genre and bethesda has been actively supporting and working with nintendo lately.

Id really like to see sora, id be shocked if we dont get another rep from square although sora is actually disney
    Hell, I would like if Nintendo would look past video games entirely especially since they need to sell the season pass in Japan. Put a freaking marvel character in there, especially now that they have that relationship publishing an exclusive marvel game. Probably not gonna happen though.

I don't think Sora will happen(mostly for the same reason as marvel is a pipe dream, disney licensing fees not being worth it for dlc), if Square gets another rep it would probably be 2B since she is a hot property right now. That would be kind of boring though since she is already in SC.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...os-of-all-time

Smash Ultimate tops UK retail sales at launch, fastest selling Smash game and fastest seling Switch game in the UK.

Hell, I would like if Nintendo would look past video games entirely especially since they need to sell the season pass in Japan. Put a freaking marvel character in there, especially now that they have that relationship publishing an exclusive marvel game. Probably not gonna happen though.

I don't think Sora will happen(mostly for the same reason as marvel is a pipe dream, disney licensing fees not being worth it for dlc), if Square gets another rep it would probably be 2B since she is a hot property right now. That would be kind of boring though since she is already in SC.
    thanos final smash randomly KO's half the players in the match

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I should point out that there are 3 characters made outside Japan, Diddy and K. Rool (English), and Dark Samus (American).
    I think he meant 3rd party.

nothing from bethesda, or activision, or ubisoft, or ea.

nothing from outside japan is in smash bros aside from a few spirits and assist trophies

- - - Updated - - -

i could also see something from microsoft. whether that be banjo or conker or friggin minecraft steve ugh please no

also pls do not let epic games try to give them money for fortnite dance to be a new smash
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yea smash at this point Smash is a celebration of JP publishers gaming wise. Sure there are some rare/retro created characters in there but those where made in already established JP IPs and attached to Nintendo who is a JP company.

There really isn't anything big western wise in there, I feel like especially after the Joker announcement they are going for things no one expects so something like Diablo/Overwatch/Doom could be IPs I see being in there. Outside of those there really aren't that many good fits, outside of MS/Sony owned properties which probably aren't gonna happen.

Buck Bumble spirit confirmed, today i will remind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea smash at this point Smash is a celebration of JP publishers gaming wise. Sure there are some rare/retro created characters in there but those where made in already established JP IPs and attached to Nintendo who is a JP company.

There really isn't anything big western wise in there, I feel like especially after the Joker announcement they are going for things no one expects so something like Diablo/Overwatch/Doom could be IPs I see being in there. Outside of those there really aren't that many good fits, outside of MS/Sony owned properties which probably aren't gonna happen.
    Steve from minecraft,i would honestly not be surprised at all.

All this Smash talk, Monster Boy released a couple days ago, spiritual successor to Wonderboy without the official name title (though it does have the official same village main theme tune, so that's confusing). I've played it a decent amount (mostly with my mother, whom I bought it for) and it's very faithful as a sort of direct sequel or re-imagining of Dragons Trap, even down to some of the gameplay frustrations with hitboxes and platforming.

Really impressed by the game however, the level design is intricate and cleverly thought out and the puzzles are pretty clever, it doesn't hold your hand too much, instead it just makes respawning fairly painless. That said I'd say it's on average more challenging than the other Wonderboy games and comes with a somewhat steep learning curve, it's fine for me but my 60 year old mother does struggle a bit, some stuff she simply cannot beat and so she has just been replaying the start of the game over and over trying to find secrets (of which there are many).

Anyway, Monsterboy is a damn good oldschool style adventure/platformer, it deserves a shout... Annoyed at no physical release in the EU though, had to get it from the store.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally found the Lag from Hell again. The irony is when connecting 4 states over I'm fine. When connecting 5 states over, or 2 and a border with Canada over, I get connection errors constantly.

Personally I still think it's the person I was connecting to since I was fine before, but they claim they're on ethernet so it has to be me on wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Mite have a fix for your Online issues.

https://i.imgur.com/zfyVVxnh.png[/img]

Seen this posted today and it seems to have helped a lot of people out.

Edit: So offtopic a bit but is Smash on Wii-U worth getting? I kinda want to play a smash, I don't own a Switch and the Wii-U version is like $15. Does it have a decent amount of SP content?
    Tried this, didn't help. Seems to only help in certain situations.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    All this Smash talk, Monster Boy released a couple days ago.
    I remember seeing the trailer for that game back in 2015. It was originally slated for a 2016 release and looked a lot different back then to how it does now.
    Who's betting they saw/played Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap and got cold feet about releasing a game with such painfully average animation and sprite work? It looks a lot better now, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    All this Smash talk, Monster Boy released a couple days ago, spiritual successor to Wonderboy without the official name title (though it does have the official same village main theme tune, so that's confusing). I've played it a decent amount (mostly with my mother, whom I bought it for) and it's very faithful as a sort of direct sequel or re-imagining of Dragons Trap, even down to some of the gameplay frustrations with hitboxes and platforming.

Really impressed by the game however, the level design is intricate and cleverly thought out and the puzzles are pretty clever, it doesn't hold your hand too much, instead it just makes respawning fairly painless. That said I'd say it's on average more challenging than the other Wonderboy games and comes with a somewhat steep learning curve, it's fine for me but my 60 year old mother does struggle a bit, some stuff she simply cannot beat and so she has just been replaying the start of the game over and over trying to find secrets (of which there are many).

Anyway, Monsterboy is a damn good oldschool style adventure/platformer, it deserves a shout... Annoyed at no physical release in the EU though, had to get it from the store.
    Oh don't worry, I got that along with Smash but haven't played it yet (still having fun playing the Smash SP stuff). I really really love the masterful Monster World 3 music remakes in it though.

Its part of why I love the Shantae games so much as they play exactly like a Wonder Boy MW game.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-12-10 at 10:41 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, aside from some cool rereleases in janurary, switch is looking mighty sparce in q1

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Man, aside from some cool rereleases in janurary, switch is looking mighty sparce in q1
    I'm fine with that. The stuff they've already released will take up plenty of time for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone know when or if its possible to bring your pokemon from 3ds onto switch?
    I have so many old legendaries on my 3ds as well as old pokemon that's been with me since I got the console and would be sad if I could not bring them to switch.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'm fine with that. The stuff they've already released will take up plenty of time for me.
    I feel inbetween games right now till tov, so the more the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    anyone know when or if its possible to bring your pokemon from 3ds onto switch?
    I have so many old legendaries on my 3ds as well as old pokemon that's been with me since I got the console and would be sad if I could not bring them to switch.
    No word on it yet and I honestly don't think you will be able to.

Pokebank likely isn't coming back or if it does it will be for Switch pokemon titles later down the road.

No reason for it ether when they can just ether when they......

A. Can put Pokemon Go in the games in some way
    or
    B. Have the Lets Go series make up for any pokemon people want. Wouldn't surprise me if them doing Lets Go was to just sell a $60 "Pokebank" ever 2 years and let people trade games from it to the mainline series.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-12-10 at 05:50 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My first thought was honestly Rayman. I mean think about it. His look just fits and I can already see how his moves could be translated into Smash.

I expect there to be at least one more date reveal for March when the January Direct happens, which will either be Yoshi or Fire Emblem.

We also have two major games on a Nintendo platform and two major games off a Nintendo platform in January, and 2019 is going to be heavily loaded for the Switch. Best to give everyone some breathing room.

- - - Updated - - -

https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/1...first-weekend/

Famitsu: Smash sold 1.3 million copies over it's first weekend in Japan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I expect there to be at least one more date reveal for March when the January Direct happens, which will either be Yoshi or Fire Emblem.

We also have two major games on a Nintendo platform and two major games off a Nintendo platform in January, and 2019 is going to be heavily loaded for the Switch. Best to give everyone some breathing room.
    I feel confident fe got delayed to q2-3 and yoshi will be in april. I just think its lame feb only has like anooooooother rerererererelease of stiens gate.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/sta...697446912?s=19

Stardew Valley 1.3, the Multiplayer Update, coming to the Switch on December 12th.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd watch for a January Direct to fill in February-April.

Unless Big N really wants to backload next year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)