Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find it odd that people are posting so many “must be a filthy casual” comments. I love the game and prefer top end content as well when I have access to it. If you’re enjoying the content and your community then great!

I still think unhappy people shouldn’t just stick around on their sub. There is so much more life out there to live than WoW if you’re not enjoying it.

People are unsubbing. Thats not the solution. The way to solve the issues isnt to have less people playing. The way to solve that is to make the game better so more people will pay to play the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    It’s really that simple.

Post on the official forums as well if you’re interested in providing specific feedback. Maybe they’ll see it and maybe your point will be discussed at their meetings. I work in software development for a fortune 100 company and you can be damn sure we care about our customers. You have to make hard decisions, but ultimately people gotta pay for your products or you’re dead.

I’ve unsubbed and am currently trying out FF XIV. I don’t actually have my first job yet but I don’t care. Just enjoying seeing another take on MMO’s. Also playing some Starcraft 2 again. It’s still a great game.

Get out and enjoy your life. Make choices, try something new, try something old. Give feedback to Blizz if you love wow and want it to be good again but please please please don’t give them your money if you actually want to see a change.

And if you are depressed, kill yourself..If you are unhappy with your partner, just split up or divorce......Fking simpleton...Life is more than yes/no, black/white....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You forgot the /s. Otherwise...

It’s a fucking game, get a grip. Marriage is a lifetime vow between you and one other person. If you think that’s anywhere even remotely comparable to playing a game that thousands of other players enjoy as is then that’s pretty sad...
    No, it was a perfect example to point out how illogical and childish that kind of thinking....But if I have to explain it, you either not intelligent or old enough to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
    Whenever I see someone say the "if you dislike the game, unsub" line, it's painfully obvious they are a casual who doesn't raid mythic with a core of friends they have known for years.
    I raid mythic and play with a core of friends since tbc and still think you should unsub if you're unhappy. I provide feedback and i'm out till i personally see if the updates are worthwhile. Kicking and screaming while i go will only be distracting for devs to make the game better. It's already redundant when people bitch and moan, no one would want to read it. It's a very rare thing these days to be constructive without losing your head, and it's become a stupid trend this outrage culture. People who think that it will assert change for them are sadly misled and don't have an ounce of social understanding.

Currently, i think BFA sucks because of the RNG elements are too strong and the sense of accomplishment in raids are dulled because of that added along with titanforging being absurd and taking away from character and gear progression. I think that they should add the badge system back fully like they did in wotlk and tbc, and that they should limit the titan forging ilevel wise based off the level of content you do. As far as azerite goes, the system does need more options and needs to be less punishing for people who don't want to farm multiple sets and changing it. Lastly, we need personalization with classes, like in legion the class quests were amazing. But more than that we lost individual tier sets for classes.

No bitching and i got straight to the point. It may not be what everyone else wants but that's feedback.

When you unsub, that's the most powerful message you can send to a company, it omits to them that you've lost faith in them. If more people did that, there would be greater reaction from the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleheart View Post
    Wouldn't it be more useful to post somewhere that Blizzard would actually see it instead of just complaining in the mmo-c echo chamber?
    You mean one of the biggest fansites that Blizzard has confirmed that they read for feedback?

Where else should I post? The official forums that I can't post on because I'm not paying for the game anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    Sounds like bitterness and religion. Those of us who haven't unsubbed likely won't, no amount of your complaining and phone memes are gonna change anyones mind. I hear Fallout 76 is another game you can not play and go complain about too :P.
    Bitterness, I get, as we all know anyone who dares to speak against our Lord and saviour Blizzard-sama is just a no-good neckbeard and is definitely not someone who has enjoyed the game in the past and wants to help the game be good again.

Religion tho? ������������
    Last edited by Freaking Frumpy Frak; 2018-12-10 at 08:37 PM.

Good idea, I also dislike the amount of taxes I pay so instead of complaining and voting against the parties that keep them high, I'll simply unsub from paying taxes! Problem solved!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    People are unsubbing. Thats not the solution. The way to solve the issues isnt to have less people playing. The way to solve that is to make the game better so more people will pay to play the game.
    Except it isn’t a matter of making the game “better”. That’s subjective and varies from player to player. What you’re suggesting is that Blizzard should pander to the infantile tantrums of a portion of their players who think they have the best/only answers as to how the game should be designed.

Blizzard should make the game they want to make. If you like it, you play it. If you don’t like it, you find something else to do with your free time. They already get plenty of feedback. If they like the direction the game is going regardless of the people whining on here then that’s their prerogative, and you’d do better to move on rather than bang your head against a wall trying to get a company to cater to your personal gaming desires.

No, if you're unhappy: Post constructive criticism/feedback.
    If you're tired: quit

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Good idea, I also dislike the amount of taxes I pay so instead of complaining and voting against the parties that keep them high, I'll simply unsub from paying taxes! Problem solved!!
    Damn, these responses are loaded with straw man arguments. Set up an unrelated analogy, point out how ridiculous it is, claim victory. One interaction in particular in this thread had the straw man arguer pointing out how low the other guys intelligence must be if he can’t understand how relevant the straw man is.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    No, it was a perfect example to point out how illogical and childish that kind of thinking....But if I have to explain it, you either not intelligent or old enough to understand
    Well if your point was to show how illogical it is to compare video games to marriage then your worded your post very poorly! But yes, you’re right, it is indeed a childish comparison, but it seems to have come up often in this thread.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again? Done it two times already... I don't think I can unsubscribe more...

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    You're saying the law is equivalent to a video game? No doesn't work out that way. Taxes are mandated by law, being unhappy with a video game and un-subbing is a consumer choice. Those are VERY different my friend. You can leave feedback and not let blizzard take advantage of you by taking 15 a month from you. Where as you break the law you go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    And if you are depressed, kill yourself..If you are unhappy with your partner, just split up or divorce......Fking simpleton...Life is more than yes/no, black/white....

- - - Updated - - -

Someone took this way too far, you think a simple un-sub in a video game is that the like of depression, marriage? Depression and marriage are far more complicated than a video game making you unhappy. The fact that you diminish depression and marriage to the same level video game is disturbing. Un-subbing to a video game is a consumer choice, not marital or psychological. You're calling people illogical or childish but you're not mentally sound with this being your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did, months ago. Thanks.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Deleted
    If you dont like the country you live in, migrate or unsub. If only life were that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    I did, months ago. Thanks.
    Seconded. At least there is a lot of quest content so leveling through this expansion in the future won't be too much of a chore, if Blizzard manages to win me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacus View Post
    If you dont like the country you live in, migrate or unsub. If only life were that easy.
    Such a weird comparison. "Don't spend ~15 bucks per month" vs "spend massive amounts of money and energy uprooting your entire life."

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Except it isn’t a matter of making the game “better”. That’s subjective and varies from player to player. What you’re suggesting is that Blizzard should pander to the infantile tantrums of a portion of their players who think they have the best/only answers as to how the game should be designed.

Blizzard should make the game they want to make. If you like it, you play it. If you don’t like it, you find something else to do with your free time. They already get plenty of feedback. If they like the direction the game is going regardless of the people whining on here then that’s their prerogative, and you’d do better to move on rather than bang your head against a wall trying to get a company to cater to your personal gaming desires.
    The only "infantile tantrums" I see are the fanboys who get upset when someone comes into their safe space with a differing opinion.

Blizzard is a business. Businesses are out to make money. We are consumers. Consumers want to give businesses money. Therefore it is in a business's best interest to listen to consumers, especially when they have lost considerably more customers than they currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    The only "infantile tantrums" I see are the fanboys who get upset when someone comes into their safe space with a differing opinion.

Blizzard is a business. Businesses are out to make money. We are consumers. Consumers want to give businesses money. Therefore it is in a business's best interest to listen to consumers, especially when they have lost considerably more customers than they currently have.
    Yes, there’s nothing infantile about comparing ending your WoW sub to divorce, or emigration, or suicide.

Unless you work at Blizzard and have a full understanding of their financials, the only argument you have is “I want them to make the game I want”. You think they don’t know how to make money? You think you have all the answers for all the problems you think they have? Yeah, ok...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Seconded. At least there is a lot of quest content so leveling through this expansion in the future won't be too much of a chore, if Blizzard manages to win me back.

Such a weird comparison. "Don't spend ~15 bucks per month" vs "spend massive amounts of money and energy uprooting your entire life."
    Wow has been around for what, 15 years? I dare wager that to some it has been the major part of their life. Also after spending 15x15x12 + expansion fees, and hundreds upon hundreds of hours, it's not simply something you turn your back to. (I did though).

Wow has been around for what, 15 years? I dare wager that to some it has been the major part of their life. Also after spending 15x15x12 + expansion fees, and hundreds upon hundreds of hours, it's not simply something you turn your back to. (I did though).
    Sunken cost fallacy. Holds so many people back from living their life!

I felt the same way as well for a while. I eventually realized that this was never an investment. It was how I chose to spend my free time and money in the moment. When it stopped being fun, the entire value of the endeavor sunk to zero. That’s how games work unless you’re addicted, in which case you have bigger issues to deal with.