Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess they should expand on the time-walking because at this rate they'll have to add a TBC server.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Who cares about soda or any other troll like him.
    People that think they know the game more than others that also played the same game.

People should stop adoring this scrubs and maybe start admiring real people that actually made something for this world.

Reviving BC makes so much more sense than Classic.

Way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    Clip about him mentioning TBC : https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldyNurturingMageWoofer

Linking the discord of the aforementioned TBC entity: https://discordapp.com/invite/jT24fut
    The kid doesn't even play the game, hasn't played in years. He comes back at the end of every patch and gets carried through content by his viewers then complains how easy it was and how there's nothing to do in the game. Who cares what his opinion is?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I too miss my guild being stuck in Karazhan because the bigger guilds kept poaching my players with their UGH-already raid ready team =)

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Flying, multiple difficulties for the same dungeon, bosses requiring skill instead of gear, cheap buffs, balanced specializations. It's pretty much anti-vanilla design. Not necessary worse, but different.
    This.
    And let's not forget all the leveling nerfs. Starting the deprecation of old content. Epics were also much, much easier to get. There were lot of catchup mechanics.

We should also differentiate the "moment" during the expansion. 2.0.1 would feel more vanillaesque (people are leveling so less flying mounts, attunements) while 2.4.3 was already very different.
    And it matters, because the last patch would probably become the basis, like Classic. So the last patch should be very good by itself. 1.12.1 is good, 2.4.3 is not.

TBC was objectively the best xpac, so I can see why he's nostalgic for it.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC for me was the height of my raiding and community experience. Vanilla was the induction period to that, but TBC was the peak. At least for me....

I personally am more nostalgic for TBC than vanilla but I am just happy we are getting vanilla, which means sometime down the line we could get TBC servers eventually
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Flying, multiple difficulties for the same dungeon, bosses requiring skill instead of gear, cheap buffs, balanced specializations. It's pretty much anti-vanilla design. Not necessary worse, but different.
    - Early TBC, consumables weren't easy for dps races like Hydross, I stacked rows of flask + elixir + flame cap etc. (hardcore 6-day progression guild)
    - Flying wasn't really anti-vanilla per se, maybe for world pvp, but it was required to even get to some areas (elemental plateau), and fast flying, and mounts like Nether Drake, had to be earned/grinded for (gold/rep/questlines)
    - Tier 5 early wasn't easy, and was required for Black Temple attunement , you needed Kael'thas and Vashj kills to enter Mt. Hyjal, and also kill Warlord/Al'ar and later Rage Winterchill to enter Black Temple. (before 2.4)
    - Raiding was still fairly linear, until Zul'Aman added catch-up gear via itself and badge gear.
    - Heroic 5 man was basicly the relevant level 70 version, while most normal dungeons dropped level 68 or lower gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    TBC for me was the height of my raiding and community experience. Vanilla was the induction period to that, but TBC was the peak. At least for me....

I personally am more nostalgic for TBC than vanilla but I am just happy we are getting vanilla, which means sometime down the line we could get TBC servers eventually
    Same here, Especially Tier 4/5/6 I actually competed for server first and fairly high US rankings.

Late expansion, guild had a long non-attendance phase during mid-sunwell (maintank/guildmaster transfered to another realm didnt help), and eventually I rerolled from scratch going from US to EU region servers.

Took a gamble and joined a newly formed guild, that later merged into a bigger one, and still cleared all the raids again with a different class , of course at a faster pace, and Sunwell was "nerfed" at that point.

So basicly did the rep grinds and whatnot Twice as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    This.
    And let's not forget all the leveling nerfs. Starting the deprecation of old content. Epics were also much, much easier to get. There were lot of catchup mechanics.

We should also differentiate the "moment" during the expansion. 2.0.1 would feel more vanillaesque (people are leveling so less flying mounts, attunements) while 2.4.3 was already very different.
    And it matters, because the last patch would probably become the basis, like Classic. So the last patch should be very good by itself. 1.12.1 is good, 2.4.3 is not.
    Tier 4/5/6 were fairly hardcore if you did them as early as possible, and cared about rankings, but after 2.3 (Zul'aman), and 2.4 (Magister Terrace), more and more catchup mechanics came into the game.

I played through it twice, so I am fully aware the second time during 2.4 was much much quicker progression.

2.3 also nerfed XP needed 1-60 and changed elite quests for solo play.

2.4 removed entry attunement to Black Temple (Medallion of Karabor) and Hyjal (Vials of Eternity)

Black Temple was added as early as 5.5 months after launch, yet was locked behind attunements (and shadow resistance).

So basicly what 2.4 did, was you could technically skip Vashj, Kaelthas, and go straight to early Hyjal/BT in a mix of Tier4/tier5/crafted/pvp gear/magister terrace.

Original pre 2.4 attunement looked like this:
    - Master's Key Karazhan via 5 mans which had their own attunements via rep/keys/quests
    - Kill Gruul/Nightbane to Attune to SSC
    - More heroic 5 mans + Magtheridon to enter the Tempest Keep
    - Kill Vasjh + Kaelthas > Enter Hyjal
    - Kill Warlord/Al'ar/Rage Winterchill > Enter Black Temple
    - Illidan
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-12-10 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As would I. But for now we just have to wait.

It would be a smart move for Blizzard to add a TBC server, maybe in Summer 2020, where you can start fresh or character copy (1 time per char only) over your Classic characters.

That is assuming that because they've done all the technical/background work to get Classic running, that TBC would be quicker and easier to implement. If that isn't the case, they'll probably wait to see how Classic fares after many months before risking the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The kid doesn't even play the game, hasn't played in years. He comes back at the end of every patch and gets carried through content by his viewers then complains how easy it was and how there's nothing to do in the game. Who cares what his opinion is?
    No one cares about his opinion. OP is just advertising for a TBC private server, but does it in a way that isn't too obvious.

Deleted
    No way, i will never play a TBC classic server

Too hardcore

I actually like TBC's class balance and itemization way better than Vanilla. It feels like a logical progression, with direct fixes to all the major problems that various specs had, like Warriors getting thunderclap in def stance, Paladins getting mana back from receiving heals, Moonkin getting their OOM problems solved, Spriest getting its mana issues solved and being a mana battery for healers, hybrids in general being raid viable, etc.

But I like vanilla content better.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-12-10 at 09:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah BC is my favourite time too but I'd rather start at vanilla and they slowly add in the later expansions, then a total reset once it gets to WoD and starts over from vanilla again.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    No way, i will never play a TBC classic server

Too hardcore
    The multi layered attunement Pre 2.4 certainly cannot be compared to anything Vanilla.

My guild was raiding 6 days a week at the time too, so that was pretty insane.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I actually like TBC's class balance and itemization way better than Vanilla. It feels like a logical progression, with direct fixes to all the major problems that various specs had, like Warriors getting thunderclap in def stance, Paladins getting mana back from receiving heals, Moonkin getting their OOM problems solved, Spriest getting its mana issues solved and being a mana battery for healers, hybrids in general being raid viable, etc.

But I like vanilla content better.
    I feel pretty much the same, the new 31 point talents in TBC were so awesome i remember vividly the patch before TBC when rogues got cloak and feral druids got mange, everyone was so excited for the new expansion. Overall tho vanilla is still my favorite, the characters and world trump tbc class balance.

I'd rather they add a Mists of Pandaria server than anything else. That would get me to play on this type of server.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    TBC was objectively the best xpac, so I can see why he's nostalgic for it.
    How do you figure that?
    Subjectively, I think TBC was perhaps my least favorite.
    Didn't know that was in defiance of reason and facts.
    Mother pus bucket!

I loved TBC. Maybe if the Classic project works, it'll eventually spawn an official TBC relaunch.