Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Are they delaying Zandalari/KT for when Dreadwake subs run out?

People have asked in previous Q&As why don't we have access to playable Zandalari or Kul'Tiran yet. The response is, it needs to fit the story. Well, if you finish your respective faction's continents you received their pledge. Why not then? If not then, how about finishing the stories and then getting exalted with them? Still no... why not?

IMO they are delaying the next allied race purposely until it lines up with when most Dreadwake mount subs run out as another boost to revenue and nothing more. That means we can expect to see playable Zandalari and KT in March or April.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2018-12-10 at 08:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    the races will be available after finishing the new raid.

Formerly known as Arafal

This is on the level with flat earth shit. Grats getting there OP.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly wouldn't seem too much of a stretch considering scumbag Activision have their talons firmly around Blizzard now, they're just a corporate subsidiary. Although I would fathom the earliest for their release might be the actual launch of the raid, so late January. The latest being the opening of the last LFR wing, so the end of February, so it's quite possible March might be their release which would line up with what the OP said.
    Better dead than Red.
    Democracy is NON-NEGOTIABLE.

10+ Year Old Account
    So from what I'm understanding, I can literally prevent anyone from getting their allied races by signing up for 6 months now, or even a few months from now, so that "Dreadwake Subs" are still active and they can't release it?

/s, obviously.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    People have asked in previous Q&As why don't we have access to playable Zandalari or Kul'Tiran yet. The response is, it needs to fit the story. Well, if you finish your respective faction's continents you received their pledge. Why not then? If not then, how about finishing the stories and then getting exalted with them? Still no... why not?

IMO they are delaying the next allied race purposely until it lines up with when most Dreadwake mount subs do as another boost to revenue and nothing more. That means we can expect to see playable Zandalari and KT in March or April.
    Eh, a little far fetched. How about we see the story fully in 8.1 and we'll find out more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely delaying it for a promotion that was in the works months before BFA dropped, which we know due to leaks, because they knew that bFA would lead to the castetropic sub loss that's currently happening, yet everyone is still playing?...or something

10+ Year Old Account
    It has less to do with the dreadwake and more to do with just regular old carrot on a sticking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This is on the level with flat earth shit. Grats getting there OP.
    This is not on a new level. There's not even much thought behind it. This is literally timegating content to fit a subscription. You must be really stupid to not see it, even if it's just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So from what I'm understanding, I can literally prevent anyone from getting their allied races by signing up for 6 months now, or even a few months from now, so that "Dreadwake Subs" are still active and they can't release it?

/s, obviously.
    Not sure why that's so complicated. They have a bit of a content drought so use the dreadwake promo to keep subs coming in for 6 months. Then line up the allied race release when those guaranteed subs run out. Now you have people resubbing, buying race changes and boosts.

They could easily drop the Zandalari/KT now for people who have done the full questlines and got exalted. Story wise it already makes sense as you had those people pledge their loyalty to your faction. Why further delay allied races you announced over a year ago and used as a selling point for the expansion pre-order?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah everythin is a conspiracy if you want it to be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I feel bad for people who wanted to rush with Zandalari Trolls asap, like literally were prepared to throw money at monitors (around 5-6 friends wanted to instantly reroll), and I honestly dont understand blizzard with such delay...

I loved Legion prepurchase bonus with Nightborne, really loved playing monk.

But well, that I dont think that they would do such a shady move
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

/s, obviously.
    Isn't the Dreadwake perk long gone by now? Pretty sure it's been and that it only lasted like a week or two.

Maybe not necessarily waiting the mount sub run out but pacing how you release content is important, not that I agree with this case but they already know how much content they still have to release during this expansion and they also know that the next expansion won't go out before X date, so they can do the math and release stuff accordingly avoiding huge gaps.

That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah everythin is a conspiracy if you want it to be.
    To be fair, it's not that far fetch.

Remember the "pay for a year sub, get a free mount/MoP access/D3!". They've used hooks like this to keep people until more content comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Isn't the Dreadwake perk long gone by now? Pretty sure it's been and that it only lasted like a week or two.
    Yeah, it ran from September to October. But if you signed up, you've purchased 6 months of game time. That means it runs out March / April which is why I think the next set of Allied Races are dropping then.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah it's been gone for months.
    and all I got is this stupid boat and a sub that goes until 6/18 now.

(my 3 month sub literally refreshed the day it went up)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah, it ran from September to October. But if you signed up, you've purchased 6 months of game time. That means it runs out March / April which is why I think the next set of Allied Races are dropping then.
    I wouldn't be too surprised honestly.

Gotta keep in mind that they've hinted the races will be locked behind the raid I believe?

And I doubt they'd want LFR players to be left out so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go out until after all wings of LFR are out.

I don't think zand/kt are gonna make many people who wanna quit suddenly stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the races will be available after finishing the new raid.
    Probably not. I think they are scheduled to be released with patch 8.1.5, which does not depend directly on the raid (but they are all part of the organization and scheduled releases of BFA)