Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wanted choices for so long, but am super disappointing by this. I'm also not buying that people really care about this choice. It is literally Garrosh vs Vol'jin all over again, and it seems like old horde view choice as clearly Saurufang whereas new Horde all have hardons for Sylvie. They should have made drastically different rewards to make this choice real and meaningful...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I'm choosing Sylvanas for sure, Saurfang is the reason this whole war went south... The guy can't assume the consequences of his choices and actions, and when he does it's to break the horde, ok good job orc...
    It's what happened during the Second War too. When Gul'dan broke off and took like, a third of the Horde or something like that with him to hunt down the Tomb of Sargeras, Doomhammer then split the forces that were sieging Lordaeron to go after him. If he had just stuck to his objective and ignored Gul'dan bringing them 'dishonor' then they would've defeated Lordaeron and controlled nearly all of the Eastern Kingdoms, barring some holdouts like Ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The 'two sides' story will lead nowhere.

This conflict will have a resolution. Either Saurfang will win and Sylvanas will die, leaving all of the people who choose not to betray her feeling left out, or Sylvanas will win and Saurfang will die, leaving all of the people who choose to stand with him feeling left out. There is no possible storyline where the Horde moves forward with both groups satisfied.

Great that they added it, but pointless ultimately. The story will move on without one of these groups one way or the other. This patch would have been better served spelling out which side is the bad side for the Horde this time around, because ultimately we're going to end up being forced onto one side one way or the other.
    Or...Niether dies, Saurfang goes on to lead the Horde, and Sylvanas is redeemed, and goes on to start another faction, just as Tyrande starts another faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, split the playerbase further, I'm sure that will go over well*.

*Destroy one faction while leaving one decent sized faction (Alliance) and two dead factions (Horde and Undead) picking over the remains of a once-great faction, leaving tons of players angry and with no substantial benefit to the game whatsoever.

And that doesn't even get into the technicalities of it. What would happen to Undead on the Horde? They'd have to be moved to the new faction, but not all Undead would want to leave. Making it a choice makes the choice a no-brainer - DON'T go to the new faction with no one on it, stay on the one with an actual future since people already play on it. What would happen to people who already completed the entire level up from 1-120 as Horde? Would new leveling areas for Undead be created on a yet-unexplored continent to level from 1-120, or would they just 'effectively' be Horde until high level? Would Undead mounts be removed from the Horde? They aren't a Horde faction anymore, they should be Undead-only mounts. (Thus taking many mounts away from the Horde, making achievements harder to achieve.)

This is a mess waiting to happen if they actually plan this. But then again, I've been saying this since they revealed the story for BfA - So I couldn't actually be surprised if it happens that way at all, and they'll pretend they just 'didn't see it coming' until it was too late.
    But your not destroying one faction. It is splitting off to be a allied faction. Horde /Sylvanas undead and Alliance and Tyrandes elves
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Or...Niether dies, Saurfang goes on to lead the Horde, and Sylvanas is redeemed, and goes on to start another faction, just as Tyrande starts another faction.

- - - Updated - - -

But your not destroying one faction. It is splitting off to be a allied faction. Horde /Sylvanas undead and Alliance and Tyrandes elves
    One of the main Blues already said that it's far more likely we'd see the playable factions becoming on entity than it is to split into even smaller pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    One of the main Blues already said that it's far more likely we'd see the playable factions becoming on entity than it is to split into even smaller pieces.
    If they make just one faction, then people will quit this game in droves though I see that happening as it woul;d be easier for Activision to put Wow in maintenance mode and just do one story line from then on

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If they make just one faction, then people will quit this game in droves though I see that happening as it woul;d be easier for Activision to put Wow in maintenance mode and just do one story line from then on
    My theory is that it'll only be one faction in terms of gameplay, but in terms of lore it'll still be two factions. Basically, they'll remove language barriers, let people group, quest, and dungeon together, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Choices are meaningful? You new? It's an illusion! It all leads to the same result. They only do it cause they don't want ppl bitching.. Any RPG in the last 20 years has more story choice than WoW.....it's a single line narrative don't get your hopes up cause you gotta slight difference of flavor. Like I said they are only catering to the sylvanas lovers/haters.
    Well that’s disappointing

The quest chain is not even working lol What a fucking joke this company has become

The quest chain is not even working lol What a fucking joke this company has become

Has anybody gotten this quest? I did all the quests available for 8.1 but there isn't a person at the boat for the quest The Dark Lady Calls.... Is it not in 8.1?

I've been reading all the forums and not getting a good answer...

Quote Originally Posted by demitrisln View Post
    Has anybody gotten this quest? I did all the quests available for 8.1 but there isn't a person at the boat for the quest The Dark Lady Calls.... Is it not in 8.1?

I've been reading all the forums and not getting a good answer...
    At this point I just dont know as i cant seem to find anything. I have had people tell me they did it and it is available.

Wow, split the playerbase further, I'm sure that will go over well*.

*Destroy one faction while leaving one decent sized faction (Alliance) and two dead factions (Horde and Undead) picking over the remains of a once-great faction, leaving tons of players angry and with no substantial benefit to the game whatsoever.

And that doesn't even get into the technicalities of it. What would happen to Undead on the Horde? They'd have to be moved to the new faction, but not all Undead would want to leave. Making it a choice makes the choice a no-brainer - DON'T go to the new faction with no one on it, stay on the one with an actual future since people already play on it. What would happen to people who already completed the entire level up from 1-120 as Horde? Would new leveling areas for Undead be created on a yet-unexplored continent to level from 1-120, or would they just 'effectively' be Horde until high level? Would Undead mounts be removed from the Horde? They aren't a Horde faction anymore, they should be Undead-only mounts. (Thus taking many mounts away from the Horde, making achievements harder to achieve.)

This is a mess waiting to happen if they actually plan this. But then again, I've been saying this since they revealed the story for BfA - So I couldn't actually be surprised if it happens that way at all, and they'll pretend they just 'didn't see it coming' until it was too late.
    Faction shouldn't force me to do thing i don't want to it's really nice that blizzard give us players a way out of this mess, even better if they left us out of the picture even more.

I dream the day we players had the chance to destroy both npc factions: players vs horde+alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Why I didn't see her? I do all Q for Nathanos from War Campain with Tol Dagor scenario and I didin't see Alina, any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't know how to do anything proper nowadays. Just another proof. I will not betray Sylvanas even if they were rewarding an exclusive mount. Hang all the traitors with Saurfang at the front!
    Because their true plan, is to give people a reason to lvl up an alt :P (even if its only for a quest)

- - - Updated - - -

A way out? As if you're not just going to be shoehorned into one way or the other anyway?

This choice is meaningless. The story arc will have a resolution. Sylvanas isn't going to be let off the hook. They could pull some bullshit "I was actually the only one who knew that this was the only way to save the world!" story out of their ass and people would be PISSED STILL. She's murdered countless innocents. She isn't getting away, no matter her reasoning behind her actions, and no matter how bad killing her will leave us.

There is no solution where Sylvanas doesn't die. So choosing to side with Sylvanas is kind of a silly choice - You'll be fighting alongside Saurfang one way or the other.
    Well... just gotta wait and see!

Is this quest even playable yet? I can’t find it anywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone had a chance to find this quest? For I'm not able to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder that a dead elf, genocidal, maniac unstable and traitor is not a warchief material

there is nothing wrong in defy someone who should not be warchief, do not embodied what a warchief is, don't give a flying fuck about the horde and was put there by intervention of an unknown evil entity

I want to support my Warchief but Im worried I will have to end up harming our boi Zappy boi :S

The amount of people supporting sylvanas in this situation makes me...sad

Not that I think their opinion or choice is wrong or anything, but it really makes me feel like I don't belong on the horde faction any more. Just not a faction story I can really identify with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Just a reminder that a dead elf, genocidal, maniac unstable and traitor is not a warchief material

there is nothing wrong in defy someone who should not be warchief, do not embodied what a warchief is, don't give a flying fuck about the horde and was put there by intervention of an unknown evil entity
    I still rather follow her than the suicidal maniac that is saurfang. I mean for example any warrior player that picks saurfang i have to genuinely question if they gotten hit on their head one too many times since he already sent em to their death back in legion and were only lucky enough that odyn found em worthy to join him.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-12-19 at 11:38 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I still rather follow her than the suicidal maniac that is saurfang. I mean for example any warrior player that picks saurfang i have to genuinely question if they gotten hit on their head one too many times since he already sent em to their death back in legion and were only lucky enough that odyn found em worthy to join him.
    Didnt you play Dungeon keeper 2 ? It's good to be evil, I play a prideful elf who doesn't care about anything besides power (LOOTS) like all wow characters

Sylvanas just killed ennemies of the horde, why is it bad ? We're doing it all day long

Why should I betray my warchief and risk everything just to save an old orc when I'm already one of her "champions" ? for honor ? Doesn't make sense!
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-12-19 at 12:46 PM.