Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    They should have given us flying from the start. I will never understand those who argue against flying. Cause guess what no one force YOU to fly, feel free to use ground mount.

"But what about all the content hard working blizzard designers designed that you just fly over", unless you actually work at Blizzard or are the mother of one of these designers, WHO CARES!?

Both agree and disagree.

THere is a charm to being ground bound and having to run through all content seeing everything.

BUT.. that experience is done after you have reached lvl 120. At that point there is no real point in having no flying.

They should have a queslinte that fresh lvl 120 people do to unlock flying as soon as they ding 120.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not bothered by no flying. With the whistle and hearths it takes basically no time to get wherever I need to go anyway.

I will use flying like everyone else when it's implemented, but until then, I'm not bothered at all.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard is regretting promising flying at this point, knowing that it will basically completely kill war mode.
    The smarter thing to do from the very beginning was to unlock Flying after Pathfinder Part 1, and disable it entirely in War Mode. Best of both worlds. Everyone is happy-ish.

The way they're doing it with BfA pisses off people who want to fly, and pisses off World PvP players by enabling it in War Mode. Worst of both worlds. Makes zero sense.

heh waiting 6 more months for 8.2 to then have to grind rep and whatever they got flying locked after for a few more weeks is just peachy.

totally makes me want to play the game even more and makes me so immersed in the game!

the pathfinder part 2 is in 8.1 but the prereq wont be available for a wile. refer to legion part 2 had more rep and things to do before unlocking it
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You can buy bardings off the AH or be a leatherworker that can make them that makes you immune from that. Don't need flyuing to not get constantly dazed. As it is, I rarely get dazed even without using bardings.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't. All you will get is complaints of the cost being too much and people just quitting instead of subbing anyway or people simply buying WoW tokens to get it. All it does do is make Pathfinder look like a far more attractive option.
    I don+t know, now a days, it is easier to buy a bunch of tokens, sell them in game, and buy the thing. A lot of people (if not most) would be willing to do so.
    And on the other hand, you´d have people grinding reps to make it cheaper, then 2 million is not that much anyway.

In BC none was complaining really... just a few (you find them everywhere, anyways), and it was a great reward feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    To be fair, this has been said ever since BC was released. X reasons has been given on why the game is dying/dead.

But, I wish they put in flying earlier both in Legion and now in BfA. Makes no gameplay sense for us to not have flying at this point in the BfA zones when we have done all the reqs.
    To be honest, i agree that there has always been a negative component to the community who have cried wolf after every expac. The difference now is people are all experiencing the exodus. This isnt just people yelling 'the sky is falling' while still playing 50 hours a week. This is the worst i have seen the community in game - my friends list is deserted - none of my friends are playing, and none of their friends are playing.

But, as i said, i do acknowledge that there have been many people every expac screaming "the game is dead, everything is all over" and that is making it much harder for these legitimate cries for help to be heard.

What i can say without a doubt is i have NEVER seen such a mass exodus of everyone i know who plays - the majority of whom have played since Vanilla / BC (and a few wrath babies), and not a single one of them has any concerns about flying.

Well it wouldn't hurt anything to add it now, I'd at least go do achievements for archeology and pet battles. But in the end, I just find this expac boring. Everything takes forever. Everything is a stupid grind. Lost interest in raiding already and took a break. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be honest, i agree that there has always been a negative component to the community who have cried wolf after every expac. The difference now is people are all experiencing the exodus. This isnt just people yelling 'the sky is falling' while still playing 50 hours a week. This is the worst i have seen the community in game - my friends list is deserted - none of my friends are playing, and none of their friends are playing.

But, as i said, i do acknowledge that there have been many people every expac screaming "the game is dead, everything is all over" and that is making it much harder for these legitimate cries for help to be heard.

What i can say without a doubt is i have NEVER seen such a mass exodus of everyone i know who plays - the majority of whom have played since Vanilla / BC (and a few wrath babies), and not a single one of them has any concerns about flying.
    I remember it being this bad in WoD, but maybe not this quick after xpac release. Atleast it was my experience. Friends were gone, no guildies online, tradechat dead and more+++.

I know the game is in a dire state right now, cant really deny that. My sub runs out soon and I wont be resubbing until over new years, but I have logged in a few times last weeks. Its dead.

Hopefully all my friends and guildies are taking a long break from wow and comes back january/february. Might be for the best anyway. Most of us played the hell out of Legion and might just be a bit burned out right now.

Deleted
    I dont even bother farming mine & ore anymore haha. Before I used to run around and farm a bit and go for those who were easy to get, withtout running into lots of mobs.

In BfA its all a clusterfuck
    Exactly. I wait with all professions which depend on mining until I get flying. They are pointless, anyway.

I remember it being this bad in WoD, but maybe not this quick after xpac release. Atleast it was my experience. Friends were gone, no guildies online, tradechat dead and more+++.

I know the game is in a dire state right now, cant really deny that. My sub runs out soon and I wont be resubbing until over new years, but I have logged in a few times last weeks. Its dead.

Hopefully all my friends and guildies are taking a long break from wow and comes back january/february. Might be for the best anyway. Most of us played the hell out of Legion and might just be a bit burned out right now.
    I certainly acknowledge this is partly subjective, so my experience in WoD was very different to others - eg i actually didnt mind wod (HATED the story, liked the classes - absolutely HATED the garry, liked the raids) My friend list stayed pretty static in WoD. Again, thats MY experience, my opinion, and for once, the majority seem to agree. When even the in game trolls are giving up, you know its bad, they hardly play the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Ion said there was no flying on Argus because that's the way patched in areas have pretty much always been, citing Isle of Quel'danas, Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle as examples. As entertaining as I'm finding your bizarro anti-Ion hyperbole you should at least try to keep your fantasies away from things that can be easily googled.
    Fishing for angry responses again? For someone who likes to point out the flaws in my argument, you went STRAIGHT for the insults and ad hominem.

But to refute your post:

Shown here at 55:00 in the Q&A directly from Ion's mouth:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "It's a product of the environmental artists and how we built it. Of showing three largely disconnected shattered pieces of the planet. And some amount ofARTISTIC TRICKERY involved in creating the illusion of a larger planet. Those are utterly incompatible with flying. This is a choice between creating that immersive epic backdrop and landscape, and allowing flying.

Also resting on the long tradition of, even in expansions with a lot of flying everywhere else, we've had zones like isle of thunder timeless isle and molten front where you couldn't."
    He literally says that flying couldn't be done because of the conflict with the art. Don't come in here trying to start a fight by insulting me, then get your facts wrong.

Besides which, the one thing he and you seem to forget about "The tradition of no-flying islands" is the context: Flying everywhere else. And not just flying everywhere else, but flying being available from the moment the expansion launches. NOT 8 months later after exhausting all the content! The tradition of no-flying islands was ALWAYS in the context of a larger world where flying was the NORM, not the exception.

And I'm not even asking for anything excessive! ONE area that's specifically devoted to flying in EXACTLY the same way that "TRADITIONALLY" No-flying had areas specifically devoted to that type of gameplay. If you weren't so focused on being a giant hater and denying anyone types of fun that don't match your own, you'd recognize how reasonable this is.

If No-flying is going to be the norm, then give us a flying island that's a direct counterpart to the "Tradition". And treat it exactly the same way: Fill it with lucrative catch-up loot, important crafting resources, and be the primary zone for current expansion quest progression leading up to a raid.

Until then, every time you cite no-flying as being the best thing to happen to WoW, you lack credibility. With no modern zones specifically dedicated to flying to compare and gather data from, any attempt to hold up no-flying as better is complete and total bullshit.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-12-10 at 09:04 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There is 100% a reason. It didn't get added until a new zone was added to Legion. That worked fine. Stop crying.
    Wow thanks for such an insightful post and here I thought there was absolutely no reason. Also just an FYI, because they did it that way in Legion and it worked fine isn't a reason you tool. The reason if you actually want to know it is because they spend considerable assets on game design and want they players to be immersed in said design. It isn't until a significant patch much later in the current Xpac that they release flying to allow players to bypass content. They typically do this when they release another zone and then keep that zone restricted to being flyable. Though in WoD I believe Tanaan was flyable the path finder part achievement came out after it's release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperboy View Post
    Content drought????????

We've had the expac for a while?????

4months into BFA, 8.1 next week and allready a new raid mid/late January?
    Oh yeah, we're lacking content and we've had BFA for ages. xD

Wont see flying until 8.2, at the earliest. So lean back, relax and grab a beer.
    I never said anything about a content drought. Just that if they allowed flying people would bang out the world quests faster. I honestly don't care if they add flying or not, i would prefer it's completely removed from the game. But since that isn't happening and we all know we will get flying at some point, I'd just as well have it now so I can stop wasting time running around the world. Most of the horde zones look like shit....I do like the alliance ones. On the plus side not having flying makes it a lot easier to camp world quest sites on my rogue so I'll continue to enjoy that I guess until flying is added back in.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Fishing for angry responses again? For someone who likes to point out the flaws in my argument, you went STRAIGHT for the insults and ad hominem.

But to refute your post:

Shown here at 55:00 in the Q&A directly from Ion's mouth:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "It's a product of the environmental artists and how we built it. Of showing three largely disconnected shattered pieces of the planet. And some amount ofARTISTIC TRICKERY involved in creating the illusion of a larger planet. Those are utterly incompatible with flying. This is a choice between creating that immersive epic backdrop and landscape, and allowing flying.

Also resting on the long tradition of, even in expansions with a lot of flying everywhere else, we've had zones like isle of thunder timeless isle and molten front where you couldn't."
    He literally says that flying couldn't be done because of the conflict with the art. Don't come in here trying to start a fight by insulting me, then get your facts wrong.

Besides which, the one thing he and you seem to forget about "The tradition of no-flying islands" is the context: Flying everywhere else. And not just flying everywhere else, but flying being available from the moment the expansion launches. NOT 8 months later after exhausting all the content! The tradition of no-flying islands was ALWAYS in the context of a larger world where flying was the NORM, not the exception.

And I'm not even asking for anything excessive! ONE area that's specifically devoted to flying in EXACTLY the same way that "TRADITIONALLY" No-flying had areas specifically devoted to that type of gameplay. If you weren't so focused on being a giant hater and denying anyone types of fun that don't match your own, you'd recognize how reasonable this is.

If No-flying is going to be the norm, then give us a flying island that's a direct counterpart to the "Tradition". And treat it exactly the same way: Fill it with lucrative catch-up loot, important crafting resources, and be the primary zone for current expansion quest progression leading up to a raid.

Until then, every time you cite no-flying as being the best thing to happen to WoW, you lack credibility. With no modern zones specifically dedicated to flying to compare and gather data from, any attempt to hold up no-flying as better is complete and total bullshit.
    Is that it, your examples of Ion "going on and on" about the art is him mentioning it in an interview where he also talks about it being usual for additional "islands" to have no flight? Also it comes not long after Ornyx gives pretty much the same answer. Do you have more examples that back you up about Ion "going on and on," or are you hoping randomly throwing in caps, bold and italics will make your point better than evidence?

Seriously though, the fantasies you're spinning about Ion and his attitude to flying are getting really weird now. You talk as if Ion treats free access to the z-axis as if it is his nemesis. Do you think it killed his puppy or burned down his house or something?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Nah .. 8.2 is fine. Or maybe never would be better.
    Whats your excuse? Being stuck on the ground magically makes the game bigger and better? Because you guys ran out of excuses a long time ago.

Nah, not too soon... maybe 8.2? That's 4-6 months from now.