Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Thrym is a giant.. Norse gods are flies to giants..
    So, when a giant 1000000x more powerful than a God, want something, he takes it.
    Thrym is not stronger than Thor. Further, no one can move Thor's hammer because its not moveable. Except in Norse Mythology because that part of the enchantment doesn't actually exist in the original myths. Anyone can pick it up, you just have to deal with a the tempermental drunk if you do.

Thrym also didn't "mug" Thor. He just snuck into his house and swiped it while he Thor was asleep. If you're a million times more powerful than a god you don't need to stealthily steal someone's hammer and commit extortion to marry his cousin.

Thor also killed Thrym and his family. Don't steal Thor's shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yep, as soon as you mentioned this, I remembered, so I got nothing. Maybe Thanos wanted to let Thor have a moment, before wiping out 1/2 of all life.
    I'm pretty sure everything in the last half of the movie was Thanos just letting shit happen for his own amusement. Its also the only timeline where the good guys can win. Everything else is smoke and mirrors until the next movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Vision picked it up in the film, so i'm guessing he found the button which removed the magnet to keep it stuck to the floor :-)
    Only the worthy can wield the power of Thor. Its really easy to be worthy if you programmed to be a nice guy and you've only been alive for a couple hours. No chance for sin at that age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Thanos without the Gauntlet is a powerhouse.
    Yep.

The enchantment can be changed without removing its power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yep, as soon as you mentioned this, I remembered, so I got nothing. Maybe Thanos wanted to let Thor have a moment, before wiping out 1/2 of all life.
    Well remember that Thanos had no idea what that was. He had never seen that weapon before AND it was also crafted by Eitri. So maybe it is a weakspot for the gauntlet.
    And last but not least, he did not know what it was, he did not really use the stones in a proper way, hade made a beam instead of turning the axe into flies or w/e.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Well remember that Thanos had no idea what that was. He had never seen that weapon before AND it was also crafted by Eitri. So maybe it is a weakspot for the gauntlet.
    And last but not least, he did not know what it was, he did not really use the stones in a proper way, hade made a beam instead of turning the axe into flies or w/e.
    Guy could've just used the time stone and sidestep it. These movies have so many loopholes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Fuck Marvel, no one, except Thor can even move Mjølner, let alone lift it.

I'm yet to hear any Norse believers complain about misrepresented.....oh wait they barely exist

Short answer: no.

Long answer; Odin's enchantment isn't some objective thing. It's actually alive. (That also means that the Vision can't lift it either Whedon should have known better)

Frankly, Strange has a multitude of abilities that are awesome enough without needing to add a sacred weapon to his arsenal, even if he were worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Short answer: no.

Long answer; Odin's enchantment isn't some objective thing. It's actually alive. (That also means that the Vision can't lift it either Whedon should have known better)
    Wasn't Vision only able to lift it due to the Mind Stone? I'm sure there's no logical correlation within the story, and the Infinity Stones are essentially McGuffins, but I always thought that was the explanation. If not, then Whedon just made Vision lift it to give him an impressive introduction without any other purpose for the story (which is very Whedon-esque, he's not as bad as Michael Bay or Zack Snyder but he does often do things solely based on the rule of cool.) By that logic, Strange could lift it too when he had the Time Stone I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wasn't Vision only able to lift it due to the Mind Stone? I'm sure there's no logical correlation within the story, and the Infinity Stones are essentially McGuffins, but I always thought that was the explanation. If not, then Whedon just made Vision lift it to give him an impressive introduction without any other purpose for the story (which is very Whedon-esque, he's not as bad as Michael Bay or Zack Snyder but he does often do things solely based on the rule of cool.) By that logic, Strange could lift it too when he had the Time Stone I guess.
    *shrugs*
    I tend to give Whedon a lot of leeway for his past accomplishments.
    Hmm..maybe he did his homework more so than I...
    https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Vision...-Age-of-Ultron
    The "Awesome android" and Gabriel, the Air-Walker (another android) were able to lift the hammer.
    However neither were able to actually wield the power of Thor.

So...it did make for a wtf-moment...part of being able to make a movie I guess.
    The qualification of worthiness with Mjolnir is simple. If you can't summon a storm, throw lightning, or use Mjolnir to fly, you are likely a machine just moving Mjolnir from one place to another and trying to look cool doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    whats the point of picking it up without the enchantment?
    Needing a quick tool for on-the-spot construction.

Depends with strange, old prenerf strange could do anything. Current strange no
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k