Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This might be awkward to tell you now, but as long as you had a 6 month sub you got the boat.

Meaning if you just added 3 months you would have gotten it automatically.
    Had no way to do that that I could find. Since the sub was still active, had no way to just pay for another 3 months.
    So I just paid for the bundle in the shop instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    People have asked in previous Q&As why don't we have access to playable Zandalari or Kul'Tiran yet. The response is, it needs to fit the story. Well, if you finish your respective faction's continents you received their pledge. Why not then? If not then, how about finishing the stories and then getting exalted with them? Still no... why not?

IMO they are delaying the next allied race purposely until it lines up with when most Dreadwake mount subs run out as another boost to revenue and nothing more. That means we can expect to see playable Zandalari and KT in March or April.
    I think the time schedule you placed there is right, unfortunately. Blizzard is putting the carrots in front of us with this kind of stuff. The new Activision Blizzard that is.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-12-11 at 11:46 AM.

I could honestly see them doing that to boost revenue in the first quarter. Almost everyone I know will be transferring characters to a kul tiran or a zandalari, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You can manually buy specific amounts of game time for yourself, at the same discount.

So you cancel the sub, and buy 3 months of game time.
    When I tried doing that, when resubbing it didn't give me the option since I still had the time left. Maybe I just missed the option.

I dunno.
    I don't regret it that much honestly, it might help get past the hump of what sucks right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Isn't the Dreadwake perk long gone by now? Pretty sure it's been and that it only lasted like a week or two.
    I think so, I was just being sarcastic though.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the races will be available after finishing the new raid.
    They have never said this even once. All they said was sometime after the raid was out.

10+ Year Old Account
    How low the Blizzard haters have sunk.

Now relying on conspiracy theories to fit your agenda.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    People have asked in previous Q&As why don't we have access to playable Zandalari or Kul'Tiran yet. The response is, it needs to fit the story. Well, if you finish your respective faction's continents you received their pledge. Why not then? If not then, how about finishing the stories and then getting exalted with them? Still no... why not?

IMO they are delaying the next allied race purposely until it lines up with when most Dreadwake mount subs run out as another boost to revenue and nothing more. That means we can expect to see playable Zandalari and KT in March or April.
    I'm pretty sure whole roadmap of BfA was already planned even before 8.0 - including sub promotion 2 months into expac and two races on 8.1.5 (I think Zandalari were planned for 8.0, but instead they made Mag'har first, because Mag'har-DI, Zandalari/Kul Tiran pairs make more sense). All dates were likely more or less planned (although they probably delayed 8.1 about month) and they just correct them to aligh with other MMOs launch/patches/betas.

So you are right, but for some reason you seems to think they make all these decision on the fly as response to players outrage. WoW development is rather slow - probably that's why we will have 2 island in 8.1 (and 2 more in 8.2), new Warfront in 8.1 - despite that feedback wasn't good and players would rather see work put in extra dungeon. They just don't won't to throw away half-done stuff.

8.1.5 will be minor patch, it won't even have huge raid. So it's perfect time to level new race for heritage. Also I suspect that 8.2.5 will have Vulpera/Mechagnome and 8.3.5 Undead/Worgen Allied Races.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't delayed. They were always gated behind the Seige of Zuldazar, which launches at the end of January.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Definitely delaying it for a promotion that was in the works months before BFA dropped, which we know due to leaks, because they knew that bFA would lead to the castetropic sub loss that's currently happening, yet everyone is still playing?...or something
    I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Whatever the reason, it's just more BFA shady business practices.

They should have been available as soon as their faction reps were exhaulted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
    In order for you to have a bridge you'd have first had to been the one to purchase it, my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    How low the Blizzard haters have sunk.

Now relying on conspiracy theories to fit your agenda.
    You can think what you like, but it makes sense. I'm hardly a Blizzard hater - they are probably my favorite game developer. I call it as I see it though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah they're delaying it to help spread the butter that is content out across the entire length of the 8.1 cycle.

Also because the lore team decided you need to beat Battle of Dazar'alor to unlock them rather than just finishing the 8.0 War Campaign.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

As much as I think that both the OP and all the rabid BFA haters are completely retarded,this is actually not unheard off tbh

Hell,it might be the first thing that makes sense coming out of the mouth of a blizzard hater in a few years

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    That's actually an interesting theory. I can't believe they are still stringing this along the elves and Zandalari were both huge sales incentives and just pulling the good troll models back is rather mean. I can only guess they were waiting till after the raid so the Princess can "Fully commit." to the Horde. as for the KT its sad as well but I just dont see them being as much of a draw as the Zandalari.

This whole carrot on a stick thing is what makes me upset, and why for the most part im unsubbed at the moment, ill come back in a couple months when most of the good shit is out and i can just catch up in a week or two vs waiting 2-3 months for tibits and tiny little morsels to drop lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    As much as I think that both the OP and all the rabid BFA haters are completely retarded,this is actually not unheard off tbh

Hell,it might be the first thing that makes sense coming out of the mouth of a blizzard hater in a few years
    That's because I'm not a hater. I just call it as I see it. If you look back on threads I made during Legion, it was all pretty positive around the content.

10+ Year Old Account

Gotta disagree with you here. You might have received their pledge, but that doesn't mean their story is quite done yet. How are the Zandalari able to have Paladins post-Rezan? How can the Kul'Tirans properly protect their fleet after the chaos that occurred with the tidesages and Lord Stormsong? Would either one truly be willing to use their fleet to help fight a war under the command of the banner of the Horde or Alliance, or would they want more control over how their resources are used? What sort of rebuild does each side need, inside or outside? And what about the events of the Battle of Dazar'alor raid (not going to spoil anything here, just saying)?

Not that those couldn't be answered quickly, but it shows potential items that might lead to why each side may need more story first. At the very least, we'd need to clear out the raid before unlocking them and finishing out their storylines.

That being said, they did at Blizzcon show in their panel that both races are slated for 8.1.5, which would fit that March/April timeline you mentioned. I'm not sure if that's due to the timeline when the Dreadwake subs would run out, but that would make sense with the patch timing anyhow. At that point, the new raid will have been out for a month or two and players will want something to fill the time gap before 8.2 anyway.

I don't think that it's the only reason for holding of KT/Zandalari though, just possibly some smart timing on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Gotta disagree with you here. You might have received their pledge, but that doesn't mean their story is quite done yet. How are the Zandalari able to have Paladins post-Rezan? How can the Kul'Tirans properly protect their fleet after the chaos that occurred with the tidesages and Lord Stormsong? Would either one truly be willing to use their fleet to help fight a war under the command of the banner of the Horde or Alliance, or would they want more control over how their resources are used? What sort of rebuild does each side need, inside or outside? And what about the events of the Battle of Dazar'alor raid (not going to spoil anything here, just saying)?

Not that those couldn't be answered quickly, but it shows potential items that might lead to why each side may need more story first. At the very least, we'd need to clear out the raid before unlocking them and finishing out their storylines.

That being said, they did at Blizzcon show in their panel that both races are slated for 8.1.5, which would fit that March/April timeline you mentioned. I'm not sure if that's due to the timeline when the Dreadwake subs would run out, but that would make sense with the patch timing anyhow. At that point, the new raid will have been out for a month or two and players will want something to fill the time gap before 8.2 anyway.

I don't think that it's the only reason for holding of KT/Zandalari though, just possibly some smart timing on their part.
    And you think any of these questions will be answered before they become playable?

I don't think there is a conspiracy...but as has been stated, the promotion 6month sub will end around march...which could very well be when the races are actually added, conspiracy or not. Since i main Alliance and our addition is FatHumans i am just as interested in the new Allied Races as i was in any of the Alliance Allied Races so far (=not at all). As long as they intend to keep shitting on one faction, they may just as well keep their Allied Races to themselves, for all i care.

It's very telling that they consider a casual chat between Saurfang and some noname Trollboy worthy of a 6min prerendered cinematic...but when something actually important happens to the Night Elves for the first time since WC3 all they can spare is a very, very, very shitty in-game cinematic. The Terror of Darkshore in-game cinematic was actually decent...but the new one in 8.1 showing Tyrande's transformation has to be one of the most lacklustre in-game cinematics they have ever done.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-12-10 at 11:16 PM.