Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yes, there’s nothing infantile about comparing ending your WoW sub to divorce, or emigration, or suicide.

Unless you work at Blizzard and have a full understanding of their financials, the only argument you have is “I want them to make the game I want”. You think they don’t know how to make money? You think you have all the answers for all the problems you think they have? Yeah, ok...
    You heard it here first: not only are infants concerned about divorce, emigration and suicide but WoW is hemorrhaging subs on purpose.

Look, I know how upsetting it is to see people be mean to the thing you like, I've been there. But to claim Blizzard, the company that bombards you with surveys at every opportunity doesn't care about feedback is just willful ignorance.
    Last edited by Freaking Frumpy Frak; 2018-12-10 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    You heard it here first: not only are infants concerned about divorce, emigration and suicide but WoW is hemorrhaging subs on purpose.
    Thanks for proving my point!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Thanks for proving my point!
    I'm not quite sure how pointing out that what you're saying makes no sense in an ironic tone proved your point but seeing as winning this little "internet fight" means so much to you, I'll let you have it

Look, I know how upsetting it is to see people be mean to the thing you like, I've been there. But to claim Blizzard, the company that bombards you with surveys at every opportunity doesn't care about feedback is just willful ignorance.
    Liked. Past tense. I moved on when I found other endeavors to occupy my time. Not that it mattered what other people thought about the game when I did like it...

I never said that they didn’t care about feedback. What I said was that in the end they make the game they want to make. Feedback is nice, but when you cater to such a large varied audience you can never make everyone happy. What a lot of the whiners here are suggesting is that Blizzard MUST listen to their feedback and only their feedback. That’s simply not how it works. Maybe an argument can be made that as the WoW population decreases, the vocal minority should dictate the direction of the game, but that isn’t my decision, or anyone else’s on this forum’s, to make.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not quite sure how pointing out that what you're saying makes no sense in an ironic tone proved your point but seeing as winning this little "internet fight" means so much to you, I'll let you have it

It’s an infantile mentality to think that WoW is as important as something like marriage or depression. Only a child would place that much importance on a video game.

I thought it was pretty simple. If you disagreed with that then I took that as a sign of lacking maturity. Maybe it was just a misinterpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    Sunken cost fallacy. Holds so many people back from living their life!
    You do realize after investing as much time as a lot of people did in wow, it is basically their life?
    It isn't anymore of a sunken cost fallacy as emigrating.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Or provide constructive criticism so the game you care about improves?
    There's been plenty of those in beta forums. They had all the feedback they needed. It's time to speak with our wallets, i agree with op.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I did /10chars. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    You do realize after investing as much time as a lot of people did in wow, it is basically their life?
    It isn't anymore of a sunken cost fallacy as emigrating.
    When compared to actually moving, sunk cost is relevant. Leaving WoW costs you absolutely nothing financially. Leaving a country is enormously expensive and not a reasonable option for most people alive. Losing a social circle you've spent a lot of time with and invested in hurts, but if your connections are meaningful, they will transcend one game. If they aren't, you will make new, great friends playing another game (cost associated with this would be less than the cost of hiring a mover to take your stuff across a city, let alone to a new country).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Wow is dying
    WoW has been dying for 12 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    When compared to actually moving, sunk cost is relevant. Leaving WoW costs you absolutely nothing financially. Leaving a country is enormously expensive and not a reasonable option for most people alive. Losing a social circle you've spent a lot of time with and invested in hurts, but if your connections are meaningful, they will transcend one game. If they aren't, you will make new, great friends playing another game (cost associated with this would be less than the cost of hiring a mover to take your stuff across a city, let alone to a new country).
    firstly, you're considerably overestimating the cost of moving to a new country.
    Anyways material cost is usualy second and not really what i was refering to. When you move, you leave behind Places, friends and family you bonded with, you have emotional connections. I can't really explain it well.
    People that spend their life in wow, don't have those "special" places/connections in RL, like a pub they always go to, or a playground they would spend their afternoons at with their mate. Those people have them in wow.
    That's not even counting in all sorts achievements which for better or for worse make you attached to your character(-s).
    That is not what i call sunken cost fallacy

The only "infantile tantrums" I see are the fanboys who get upset when someone comes into their safe space with a differing opinion.
    Insults are not a great way to start a reasonable discussion. And why is this "fanboys" keep being thrown around at people holding a different opinion?

Blizzard is a business. Businesses are out to make money. We are consumers. Consumers want to give businesses money. Therefore it is in a business's best interest to listen to consumers, especially when they have lost considerably more customers than they currently have.
    They can listen but they do not have to act on them. Consumers are not always right, despite what they think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yes, obviously, but to the OP it doesn't seem like there is a difference. I 'took a break' and skipped 3 xpacs (most of cata, MoP and most of WoD). My entire point is that you can be unhappy with something but on the balance of things still enjoy it to the point you'd rather be playing than not.
    No one said you can't be angry. I was just saying that people spend way too much time and effort in being angry. You're allowed to be angry, but most people I see "being angry" in here take it a step too far where it seems that they're really taking it to the heart, so to say. In the end it's just a game, like has been said, you can always return to it later when it interests you again. Meanwhile, you can find something else to do. You shouldn't let such a trivial thing ruin your day/days, it's just going to make you feel worse in the longer run and the trivial thing feels bigger than it actually is.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

The game has steadily become more garbage over time. It looks like BFA is the final nail in the coffin.

Talks like WOW is a single player game or something.
    Wait... it isnt?

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    This thread gives me a terrible urge to link Pharrell Williams' Happy video as a response to every post. It would almost be worth the ban.
    Do it. I’ll watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It's not that simple
    yes it is lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking called it. One day they will make skin tones "content". I was just joking at the time. . . . . /facepalm

Completing the Night Warrior Scenario unlocks a new skin tone option for Night Elves that grants them darker purple skin and black eyes.

Blizzard is fucking pathetic.

The only way that you can truly let Blizzard know if you can't take it is what OP suggested unsub. I myself do raiding in a more chill environment and less hour/week so the mythic progress content remains to be done for a good while each patch for me if I were any player that wasn't in my shoes I would gladly just play other games until I feel the game is good for me once again. Hell I even spend a lot of hours playing other games on my off days right now, raiding is always fun just the rest you don't really have to bare through. Wow isn't supposed to be the only game you play imho. Especially not at the state it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    It’s really that simple.

Post on the official forums as well if you’re interested in providing specific feedback. Maybe they’ll see it and maybe your point will be discussed at their meetings. I work in software development for a fortune 100 company and you can be damn sure we care about our customers. You have to make hard decisions, but ultimately people gotta pay for your products or you’re dead.

I’ve unsubbed and am currently trying out FF XIV. I don’t actually have my first job yet but I don’t care. Just enjoying seeing another take on MMO’s. Also playing some Starcraft 2 again. It’s still a great game.

Get out and enjoy your life. Make choices, try something new, try something old. Give feedback to Blizz if you love wow and want it to be good again but please please please don’t give them your money if you actually want to see a change.
    I've quit the game a couple times. I hit a point where I got bored, so I stopped playing. Later, in each case about 1-2 years later, the itch to play returned and I came back. I'm glad I took these breaks I did and I'm glad I came back. I'm even enjoying the game currently (which makes me a heathen in the eyes of many on this forum).

People act like there's all these reasons that they can't quit, but it's all bullshit and probably suggests challenges with addiction. The first time I quit, I was a guild leader. I didn't just ghost the guild or anything, I sorted out someone I could pass the torch to and so on. But the thing is, no matter what you are doing in the game, no matter what obligations you feel you have or friends you have in the same guild etc...

If you are not enjoying the game it's time to leave it. Doing something that's supposed to be fun when you aren't having fun will be a positive experience for a total of ZERO people, and if you're not careful you will start resenting the things that "force" you to play.

If you play with people that are really friends, don't bring them down with your dislike for the game. If you play with people that are really friends, don't force yourself to play with them if you don't like they game or you'll start to sour that relationship.

If you aren't having fun, walk the fuck away.

Oh and for god's sake, if you hate the game, don't just quit playing, also quit pissing on it on these forums. Constructive feedback and pushing for improvements are all well and good, but just spewing bile in every post is useless. Find some other way to vent your frustrations that doesn't splatter all over people that still enjoy the game, and move on.

I think a whole lot of people are doing what the OP says. Problem with a fan site like this is you will have a lot of people that have in game commitments to raid teams, pvp teams, m+ teams, and most importantly friends. So here a lot of people will stick around for those things and those things can still be enjoyable. But they sit there and watch the rest of the game melt away around those things and it can be stressful. Leads to a lot of bitching and complaining.