Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BRD hands down. Finishing it could be your worst nightmare, yet still the dungeon was the most fascinating one there was. By a mile. The Moria like atmosphere just did the thing for me.
    Runner ups:
    Sunken temple was neat, such a remote and forgotten feeling, yet large, confusing and challenging (at least by that day's standards). Zul'Farrak was cool as it was an open air dungeon. And Naxxramas for being The end game.

Deadmines for me. I didn't get high enough level to even set foot into anything passed Scarlet Monastery. But the aesthetic of the Deadmines, after following the Defias quests in Westfall where you really felt the sense of it being a secret hide out filled with thieves and pirates was just awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    StratUD, doing the last abomination gauntlet for the first time left a lasting impression for me still, felt so epic, rushing to kill them while another one started running towards your group. Baron is pretty anticlimactic but the overall atmosphere was amazing to me, same with Scholomance really.

Shadowfang Keep - Lore, location, visuals, difficulty, etc was perfect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Shadowfang Keep - The lore, graphics, setting, difficulty, etc was great. The ultra rare BoE drops were fun to hope for too.

BRD definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock Depths..

Place took around 4 hours to complete and thats not including attempts at the Jail Break quest line :P

I just loved this idea of running through this Dwarf city and it generally looked like a city. It had size and scope to it that many dungeons today don't have. Juyst a dungeon with so much character, and a literal dungeon with multiple paths and routes... When I think of Dungeons like from the D&D days I think Blackrock Depths.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blackrock Depths..

Place took around 4 hours to complete and thats not including attempts at the Jail Break quest line :P

I just loved this idea of running through this Dwarf city and it generally looked like a city. It had size and scope to it that many dungeons today don't have. Juyst a dungeon with so much character, and a literal dungeon with multiple paths and routes... When I think of Dungeons like from the D&D days I think Blackrock Depths.
    Another man with taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blackrock Depths..

It certainly was interesting.

I'm looking forward to the new "megadungeon" coming in 8.2 themed after the mechagnomes. I hope they capture the spirit of BRD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I hope they capture the spirit of BRD.
    I doubt that.

Playing through BRD in Vanilla, most players didn't have

* A Selfheal
    * Invulnerabilities
    * Defensive cooldowns
    * Mobility
    * AoE damage
    * AoE Heal
    * HoTs

Also, tanks could not reliably AoE Tank, and player characters were weak compared to the mobs, unless you already outgeared the dungeon, CC was a bonus to your group instead of slowing it down.

Oh, and ofc. whenever you die in BRD, you can run back all the way from THORIUM POINT

Not to mention that, once inside the Mountain, you have to climb up to Forgewrights Tomb, down the chain to the Quarry, and then through the quarry, just t get back to the Dungeon Portal.

I look forward to seeing people get lost on corpseruns :-)
    Last edited by mmoc76fffd2ed2; 2018-12-11 at 07:54 AM.

Blackrock Depths and Lower Blackrock Spire...both were a pain to run, but both reminded me of classic pen and paper roleplaying dungeons, being believable locations within the game world and having the "underground dungeon" and "dwarf city" tropes, dunno, they were what roleplaying games are supposed to be to me.
    Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for? -- Robert Browning

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Zul'Farrak

Black rock spire! You really get the feeling you're running through a city! ...a bit cheating perhaps as at least was mostly a 10 man raid.

- - - Updated - - -

...well, that and BRD

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I can't really choose because I like several dungeons, but ok I really liked blackfathom deeps. The tunnels, the monsters, the dangerous places, the mysterious atmosphere. I had a great time the first time I did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wegwacc View Post
    I doubt that.

Playing through BRD in Vanilla, most players didn't have

* A Selfheal
    * Invulnerabilities
    * Defensive cooldowns
    * Mobility
    * AoE damage
    * AoE Heal
    * HoTs

Also, tanks could not reliably AoE Tank, and player characters were weak compared to the mobs, unless you already outgeared the dungeon, CC was a bonus to your group instead of slowing it down.

Oh, and ofc. whenever you die in BRD, you can run back all the way from THORIUM POINT

https://i.imgur.com/jZqts3x.jpg

Not to mention that, once inside the Mountain, you have to climb up to Forgewrights Tomb, down the chain to the Quarry, and then through the quarry, just t get back to the Dungeon Portal.

I look forward to seeing people get lost on corpseruns :-)
    I'm not sure the spirit of BRD is "extreme inconvenience and a lack of functioning/sensical game mechanics", but I suppose if that's what made the dungeon enjoyable to you, all the power to you.

I was referring more to the grand scale, non-linear progression, sense of exploration and "dungeon delving" BRD has/had. Karazhan kind of lightly touched on that spirit back in BC but it was fairly linear, smaller, etc.

BRD, hands down. Strat and Deadmines are runners up.

Great to see the love for BRD in this thread. It is my all-time favorite dungeon by a wide margin

5+ Year Old Account
    BRD by far.

2nd: Sunken Temple, it felt like a Zelda dungeon and was awesome during Classic.

I think RFD still had teh worst corpse run (not counting stockades/rfd for opposite faction). Die and you get sent all the way back to the crossroads the full length of the barrens away.

favorite dungeon though? Tough call really. BRD gets a nod but that is largely my own nostalgia for learning all the ins and outs of the place.

Maybe Maraudon, cause of the one time I had a group where everyone had no clue how big the place was and refused to leave without clearing every boss. Took literally all afternoon with only 2 or 3 wipes but none of us knew better.