View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Oh, it definitely is. But i just think Corbyn and others are not the same kind of ignoramus than Sammy Wilson is.
    Is the motivation making any difference to the fact that they are living a fantasy wasting everybody's time? I mean, sure, one means well while the other doesn't... but if you want to talk motivation, I'd have an easy job arguing that both "mean well" from their respective points of view. The result is the same, nothing they say actually matters in the real world. Not one bit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

I live in Yorkshire, and I come from a Coal Mining family, say what you fucking want about Thatcher, my opinion of her couldn't get any worse, the fact that she was doing it doesn't excuse Corbyn one fucking bit.

And yeah mate, i'm sure you did, next you'll be telling us you were actually in the Ra meetings and never heard anything about Corbyn so it can't be true.
    Uh-huh, so you think it wasn't a good idea to have a peace process then? You really want 3000 more dead? You don't think it was a good idea to give McGuinness and Adams fancy ministerial cars, a nice salary, and essentially achieve nothing other than some cross-border co-operation while NI had decades of peace and prosperity?

I liked you more when you were just parroting the Telegraph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Is the motivation making any difference to the fact that they are living a fantasy wasting everybody's time? I mean, sure, one means well while the other doesn't... but if you want to talk motivation, I'd have an easy job arguing that both "mean well" from their respective points of view. The result is the same, nothing they say actually matters in the real world. Not one bit.
    Let me explain to you how integrity works. You form a view about something, decide what is right and stick to that position regardles of the difficulties. I can understand why Germans have a difficulty with this since it doesn't involve the ruthless maximization of cold-blooded soulless efficiency.

In any case, ultimately Corbyn or someone like him will win. The current EU is far too focused on austerity and other impractical right-wing policies, it has to be reformed for the benefit of workers or it will continue to collapse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by forthworths View Post
    Uh-huh, so you think it wasn't a good idea to have a peace process then? You really want 3000 more dead? You don't think it was a good idea to give McGuinness and Adams fancy ministerial cars, a nice salary, and essentially achieve nothing other than some cross-border co-operation while NI had decades of peace and prosperity?

I liked you more when you were just parroting the Telegraph.
    When did I say anything about not wanting a peace in Ireland?

As I said to Dhrizzle, what did Corbyn actually achieve by talking? I can understand the Government wanting to talk to the IRA in the hopes of bringing about a peace, even though it turns my stomach, but what did a Labour backbencher achieve by talking to them? Has Corbyn ever been credited for helping in the peace process one bit? By either side?

But keep on putting words in my mouth and editing down my posts to try to make yourself look better burner.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me explain to you how integrity works. You form a view about something, decide what is right and stick to that position regardles of the difficulties. I can understand why Germans have a difficulty with this since it doesn't involve the ruthless maximization of cold-blooded soulless efficiency.

In any case, ultimately Corbyn or someone like him will win. The current EU is far too focused on austerity and other impractical right-wing policies, it has to be reformed for the benefit of workers or it will continue to collapse.
    I'm sorry but did you just call the EU right wing?

Are you actually retarded or are you just doing a remarkably good impression?

And whats this, some latent racism towards the Germans as well, my oh my keep on going burner, this is getting better and better.

First, I'm still waiting for a citation for the claim that EU politicians are... I forgot, demons or something? And here's the twist about your integrity... if you are an MP, it's your job to your NATION to do what's best for the nation (that is your constituents), not for the party. That's integrity. What you seem to mistake for integrity is actually the lack of a spine, the unwillingness to actually make a decision that will hurt you and your party, but ultimately is best for the country as a whole. So, again.. you were saying about integrity and German efficiency? We've taken in millions of refugees because we sported integrity. That came at the predictable cost of a political backlash the ruling party is feeling today. It's safe to say that Merkel's retreat from politics that she has just begun is largely due to that crisis. How many did the UK take? 10,000?

Go ahead, please explain to me how integrity works. Clearly we haven't understood it here in Germany, where we're all selfish bastards and only care about cold blooded soulless efficiency and its maximization.

The EU isn't focused on austerity, btw. UK austerity? The EU had nothing to do with that. That's your own doing. Greece is another matter, but when we shove hundreds of billions into your economy, don't expect the EU to not have a word on how that money is spent. Right-wing policies? Which ones? GDPR? Anti-trust laws? Labour laws? Which specific safety standard that the EU had implemented is right-wing specifically?
    Last edited by Slant; 2018-12-11 at 02:18 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    It's safe to say that Merkel's retreat from politics that she has just begun is largely due to that crisis. How many did the UK take? 10,000?
    I think we pledged to take in 20,000 and ended up with like 10,500.

Interesting factoid, the UK only has 43,000 refugees in its population, total, thought we'd have more than that with all the hoohah about those darned immigrants, it's almost like people lied or something.

Interesting factoid, the UK only has 43,000 refugees in its population, total, thought we'd have more than that with all the hoohah about those darned immigrants, it's almost like people lied or something.
    You're a better judge on that than I am... It's a cheap shot anyway, considering how many we took in it's like clubbing seals to use that as an argument.

No, nice to know that you disagree with me about Brexit being a shit idea though, Mr "I didn't vote Brexit".

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

Don't have to be a right winger to despise a terrorist supporting unelectable tool.
    Right now though the terrorist supporting fool can be placed on both sides. While Corbyn is used a lot. We should remember the May government is propped up by unionist terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Having just finished that article you linked, this is a hell of a paragraph.

I've always felt this was one of the saddest aspects of Brexit and the attitude of the "well they can fuck off" group of Leavers. The people of NI shed blood to be a part of this country and whatever Brexit we end up with will see their sacrifices sidelined by people who do not give a shit about them.
    It is certainly a sobering read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Hmms... am I a dispassionate observer? I had to run Corporation St in 1996 along with a lot of hysterical scallies. Not much fun, that.

But, yes, you’re right... it’s not my conflict. And the GFA has endured. I don’t know...
    My apologies, I had friends who were caught up in that so I am aware, to some extent, of the horrors of that day.

The point I was rather clumsily trying to make is that it is easy for us who have not had to live through the troubles in NI to sit behind our PCs and judge those that have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    My apologies, I had friends who were caught up in that so I am aware, to some extent, of the horrors of that day.

The point I was rather clumsily trying to make is that it is easy for us who have not had to live through the troubles in NI to sit behind our PCs and judge those that have.
    Yep, idd... it's very complicated. And, certainly, much more so for that generation of politicians.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I wonder when the civil war will start, I have to say I'm interested in seeing where it goes they talk about how another refferendum would be unfair to the 52% who voted leave before they knew the lies told and see where the country is going what about the other 48% and the youngsters whose futures this actually affects, I can't see this going down peacefully and I know I hold nothing but disdain for Brexiteers.
    I don't think civil war would be a smart option, considering the UK doesn't have medication nor equipment to actually sustain a war for longer than a week without shipments from mainland Europe. Also, you'll be busy scrounging for food.

I know, the irony is palpable...

I don't think civil war would be a smart option, considering the UK doesn't have medication nor equipment to actually sustain a war for longer than a week without shipments from mainland Europe. Also, you'll be busy scrounging for food.

I know, the irony is palpable...
    You're right. Plus attempting to ninja loot the royal Doomhammer is a much more British way to go about it:
    https://twitter.com/BBCSussex/status...43438593196034

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    You're right. Plus attempting to ninja loot the royal Doomhammer is a much more British way to go about it:
    https://twitter.com/BBCSussex/status...43438593196034
    That's hysterically funny

Bercow: no, no, no, put it back

7+ Year Old Account

What are you on about? Factoid, more like fake news. The UK has taken in millions of EU refugees who each year send billions to their home countries propping up what would otherwise be basket case economies.

The level of subsidisation the UK provides the EU is not limited to just direct financial charity donations.

In a no deal and with repatriation this all stops of course, how will the EU cope?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Just take the brextards food supply and medication after all, they wanted this outcome nearly 50% if not more now deserve to be punished for their arrogance and stupidity.
    Huh... I wonder, since flights are so cheap, could you go to a doctor in France, get him to sign off on whatever medication you need and set up a mail delivery from the pharmacy for 6 months or so? Probably wouldn't go through customs, huh... bugger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What are you on about? Factoid, more like fake news. The UK has taken in millions of EU refugees who each year send billions to their home countries propping up what would otherwise be basket case economies.

The level of subsidisation the UK provides the EU is not limited to just direct financial charity donations.

In a no deal and with repatriation this all stops of course, how will the EU cope?
    The irony of you attempting to call out Fake News is stunning.

The EU member states are all safe countries and legally cannot generate "refugees". English. Learn it, it's supposed to be the native language of your fake identity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    That's hysterically funny

Bercow: no, no, no, put it back
    You know, it's things like that that make the Commons so charmingly entertaining at times. It's in crisis like the one you currently have that this type of Parliament must be aggravating to you guys. Less playing around, more serious business, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I actually lol'd at work, dammit that's quality comedy
    Yes

What's great is that, after he's been removed of the doomhammer by the two vertically-challenged attendants dressed in black, his colleague next to him pats him on the back. Well done, old chap - that really showed them.

Deleted
    You know, it's things like that that make the Commons so charmingly entertaining at times. It's in crisis like the one you currently have that this type of Parliament must be aggravating to you guys. Less playing around, more serious business, eh?
    It's not really playing around, the Maces (the Lords get one as well), represent the Monarchs authority in Parliament and Parliament cannot legally be in session without the Mace in the room, so him attempting to remove it is basically saying "There's no point us being here unless we're going to deal with Brexit because nothing else matters at this point".

I can see how it would look farcical to anyone not in the UK though.

You're trying too hard again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait, what is a basket case economy? Who is a refugee from the EU? Do you know what words mean?

The UK has received many immigrants from the EU as per the Freedom of Movement allowed to EU citizens, including UK citizens. All accounts show that EU immigrants to the UK are net contributors to a greater ammount than UK citizens are to the UK economy.
    Those accounts don't take into consideration that half an EU refugee's income is typically repatriated to their home nation to support family and friends who can't manage to feed and survive themselves without it and thus removed from the UK economy forever.

A UK citizen of course doesn't do this and spends 100% of their earnings in the UK economy. So no, those accounts are fake too.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"