Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    via the official notes:

"Mythic Keystones can no longer be deleted."

Might seem minor but I do know of people who deleted keystones of a dungeon they didn't like and ran another Mythic to get a new keystone that was one level below their original key, but possibly a different dungeon. Only affects a small amount of players but if your stuck with a really bad key, you will just have to use another one's now.
    Dev 1: Hey guys we just received dungeon data and dungeons Y and Z are being avoided. We need to fix this.
    Dev 2: You are right, lets see how we can improve those dungeons.
    Dev 3: Don't be stupid, lets just prevent people from switching (deleting) keys and not worry about all.
    All devs: Lets get a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Oh gee who would have known...

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...pe-m-keys.html

Blizz solution - instead of fixing the bug, they just fuck honest players over. Almost like real life.
    If that is the reason for that they should have just queried who was restoring their keys and permabanned all of them. That is a really stupid reason for all of this.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if the balance between dungeons was a bit better. The cheese in FH really needs to go (although, the time it saves varies depending on fortified/tyrannical, in addition to being able to pull mobs in the stands while the RP goes on anyways). It's dumbfounding to me that they made the wall higher in Underrot after one week to stop disengage/double jump skips with mounts, or the tar trap cheese on the best boss in the game (the arena boss in Freehold), but have gone weeks without fixing this one.

There are so many things you could do to make the M+ experience better for players. Why we can't progress organically through the dungeons and simply be able to drop down menu the dungeons we've done on time to start a key is a bit of a mystery to me. If for example you've done an Underrot on 15, you should be able to do 2-16 whenever you want to, no questions asked. If they are worried about people farming easy dungeons, then you either balance the dungeons better, or put a very short lockout on being able to do an individual key (1-2 hours max). So completing said Underrot on 15 would prevent you from doing that dungeon again for that amount of time, to sort of force variance (which is clearly what they want).

Alternatively they could simply give you 2-3 random keystones at the end of the dungeon (-1/2/3 or +1/2/3 depending on deplete or success) to take the edge off the of the RNG in keys. It doesn't fix the issue of dungeon balance, but having more variance is never a bad thing.

The drop down menu is unlikely to happen because to me that spells way too much work. Ideally we just get better balance in dungeons so you don't have people smashing one key 3-4 levels higher than the 'hardest' dungeon of the week. They should have plenty of data, I mean, they changed a lot of things during that one grevious weeks.

Whatever the fix, for my sanity I'd prefer more variance in keys at the very least, or at least multiple options upon finishing a key instead of one. It's disheartening when the group of people you're running with continually get the same keys over and over again, and it's about to get even worse next patch when the prospect of fishing for keys is going away.

And Ion presses his thumb down harder on a dying game.

Well we survived without this feature in legion and we will now. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well we survived without this feature in legion and we will now. *shrug*
    We also survived without electricity. Doesn't mean we should go back to that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    We also survived without electricity. Doesn't mean we should go back to that.
    Some people should.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Meh, that was used so rarely anyhow.
    Like hell it was rarely used... It was one of the best things to come out of BFA.

Maybe it was rarely used if you're a scrub who struggles to complete anything over a +7, but if you were doing a +11 or higher and your keystone isn't at least a +10 and/or your current keystone is one of the annoying dungeons, then 99% of the time you're going to delete your keystone and reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Oh gee who would have known...

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...pe-m-keys.html

Blizz solution - instead of fixing the bug, they just fuck honest players over. Almost like real life.
    Common sense solution: Remove keystones from item restoration. If you delete your key, tough shit. You can run another dungeon to get a new one 1 lvl below the one you just finished.

Activision-Blizzard Solution: You can't delete keystones anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    FUN DETECTED! FUN TARGETED! FUN DESTROYED!

s
    They really are obsessed with being the fun police

m+ exists for MDI nowon, we all have to deal with it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

And if you don't do mythic+? Are you just stuck with junk in your bags that you cannot remove?

Shoutout to people who run their key. I haven't ran my own key in forever. I just get a group for something better than the shit I get.

Good Change. Makes all the try hards stop deleting keys to get EZ Freehold/AD so they can stroke their egos

Is deleting keys a common thing?

I agree it's a bad thing to remove the choice of deleting them. You can't force people to run a dungeon they don't like. I just don't know if this is very common.

Edit: Oh I didn't know you could restore keys and multiply them. It does sound like a stupid solution to just cancel deletion, instead of cancelling the item restore option for keystones.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2018-12-11 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Good Change. Makes all the try hards stop deleting keys to get EZ Freehold/AD so they can stroke their egos
    Or MAYBE people were trying to get Freehold/Ed keys because they feel the same way you felt just a month ago:

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    m+ is garbage this expansion compared to legion. Combination of boring dungeons + tons of trash + annoying affixes really make it unbearable. I'll do it to gear out in the beginning of the season but once I hit heroic ilvl I just stop as constantly doing +10s trying to get an upgrade makes me want to put a pencil through my brain.
    You admit M+ is garbage yet you apparently don't understand why people would delete keys in hopes of getting a key for one of the only 2 dungeons that are actually bearable? You sound like you're just trying to be a contrarian troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Is deleting keys a common thing?

I agree it's a bad thing to remove the choice of deleting them. You can't force people to run a dungeon they don't like. I just don't know if this is very common.

Edit: Oh I didn't know you could restore keys and multiply them. It does sound like a stupid solution to just cancel deletion, instead of cancelling the item restore option for keystones.
    Yes it was very common for +11 and up keys. If you are doing a +11 key and have like a crappy key like +9 SotS, why would you not delete it get a guaranteed +10 key for (hopefully) a better dungeon? Push groups also tend to delete keys that are 2 or more levels below the current key so that they can hopefully have a decent backup plan if they get stuck with a dead key.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-12-11 at 03:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of this change. They should have improved the avoided-by-players dungeons instead of forcing us to run them.

This got me thinking... why do these keystones even exist to begin with? They made more sense when the affixes were random, but now they are all the same anyway. All it adds is busywork to get your key to 10 if you want the weekly. Why not just make players able to pick whatever difficulty they prefer? If Blizzard is afraid that it will be exploited to do really high level ones, just make it so you can only do +1 of a version you have completed in time (the leader only that is).

To everyone typing out “balance the dungeons,” exactly how would Blizz do that? Short of populating them with the exact same mobs and exact same amounts with the exact same boss mechanics and the exact same floor plan. Do you see my point? There is no balancing between dungeons and affixes.
    Do I think Blizzard changing the game to not allow keystone deletion is the right move? No, I absolutely do not. I also think it will lower m+ participation as most people with dead keys won’t bother dropping it down to a manageable level and then leveling it back up hoping to not get the same dungeon again. People will just let it sit in the bag and look for another player’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    To everyone typing out “balance the dungeons,” exactly how would Blizz do that?
    Limiting shroud/invis with more trash % and balancing dungeons with better matching timers is a great start and with all that m+ data not really hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Limiting shroud/invis with more trash % and balancing dungeons with better matching timers is a great start and with all that m+ data not really hard to do.
    People are discussing balancing affixes between dungeons. You also failed to address my entire post, which posed the question, short of making every dungeon identical and thereby negating ever having a need for a variety of dungeons, how would you balance this?
    Even your reply hinges on homogenization.
    I’m not wanting to start a back and forth hateful debate with you, but your post doesn’t really help the issue I brought up.