Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, take the lands from farmers then cry out from food shortages later.

I say let them starve should that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It turns out Diversity wasn't their strength after all and they are looking for a purely Bantu speaking ethnostate.
    I believe Mandela was actually sincere in that. His successors, not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    lul colonizers salty because they are losing lands that they stole in the first place hahahahahahah

Nothing to see here, they stole the lands couple centuries ago and are being stolen back now....

"land owners shouldnt lose land without fair compensation" - tell me again which compensation the european man gave back when they stole in the first place?

"Land belongs to no one but the person living there." - again there were other ppl living there back when they colonized and that premise wasnt respected, why should they respect that now?

GOOD FOR S.A... I wish more colonies would do that

Oh you didn't like it? then gtfo to your ancestors land.
    I take it you support returning all South African land to the Khoisan.

Sub-Saharan Africa has been so utterly and totally mistreated by Europeans that it is a testament to the mercy of black Africans that there is any white person left alive south of the Sahara.

I have no problem with this land redistribution. Shoe's on the other foot now.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uhhh, Japanese people are pretty fucking racist and unfair towards foreigners. Working there as one can be very hard.
    stop with your white is right mentality in their country and they are the nicest people on earth. be humble like them. if you act like pewdiepie in japan well then no shit they think you are scum. its my 4th year here. nowhere to see that racism. i learnt their language, asked if its ok to do something always and now i am fully integrated. always doing and trying to improve myself, do more at work, at the meetings, respected and equal if not more esteemed. anybody has the other wise in my book was a flat out "white is right" mentality person who thinks he owns the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Sub-Saharan Africa has been so utterly and totally mistreated by Europeans that it is a testament to the mercy of black Africans that there is any white person left alive south of the Sahara.

So, you'd have no problem being evicted by the Chiaha, Coushatta and Muscogee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post

Should give back all the land in North and South America to the native american tribes that originally lived in the area then. Then it's up to the native americans if they'll allow you to stay there, otherwise you can all fuck off somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by your mother View Post
    that went so well for mugabe, lol its gonna be zimbabwe v2
    Pretty much this. What a monumentally stupid decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    You seem quite content to paint the complex issue as a simple one with your broad brush. Land ownership and who is to blame for the inequalities in our country is not always quite so clear.
    I'm saying just the opposite in fact.

Firstly, you're assuming that all farms owned by white South Africans were gotten by ill means. It's convenient to forget that many of these farms were acquired legally through purchase or even settled on before anyone else was around to argue.
    Secondly, you're conflating groups with individuals. While whites are around 7.9% of the population, most of them have nothing to do with and don't reside on farms. Why are they being scapegoated too? Exactly who is and who isn't a farmer is also not quite clear.
    Meaning that white farmers are an even smaller percentage of the population, yes?

I was not implying that every current farmer ripped the land from the hands of a Zulu tribesman. But of course, who did they ultimately buy the land from? Eventually you get back to colonial powers who simply seized it.

I am not unsympathetic to people who have lived their whole life owning property in South Africa and are beneficiaries of the rampant inequity even though they themselves didn't create it. But you can't expect that not to cause massive problems, and ultimately people will seek to redress it one way or another.

And there's every chance that will involve violence. Systemic inequality invites that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Racism at its finest.
    Well spotted, this rhetoric is straight out of the racist playbook.

I mean, non-whites in South Africa face drastically higher levels of murder, rape, other crimes, and poverty. But let's all clutch our pearls about the tiny percent of white farmers who own 70% of the farmland possibly losing some of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm saying just the opposite in fact.
    And yet, every time this topic surfaces, you happily claim white people are thieves and are happy that they should be punished.
    Even in this post you're already disregarding the farmers that have acquired their farms through legal means (even after Apartheid) that will lose their ground.

Meaning that white farmers are an even smaller percentage of the population, yes?
    Yep, absolutely true. No disputing that, and making the inequality regarding the ground issue even more important.
    In the post from me you quoted, I had a long section on how land in South Africa was owned and how the government may be skewing the statistics. I'm not *really* interested in arguing around the amount of farmland owned by white South Africans. Whether we're 10%, 9% or 7.9% of the population is irrelevant, since the majority of the population simply grows faster and emigration skews our numbers downwards. The fact of the matter is, that white people do own too much of the farmland and too much of the overall land as well. I'm not even disputing that.

I was not implying that every current farmer ripped the land from the hands of a Zulu tribesman. But of course, who did they ultimately buy the land from? Eventually you get back to colonial powers who simply seized it.
    This is one of the parts I am disputing. Of course many farms were acquired illegally or through violence in colonial and Apartheid times. My problem is that you're brushing all farms in the country by this comb. It's far easier to accuse all white farmers of being murderers, thieves and beneficiaries of that legacy than it is to acknowledge that most had nothing to do with that at all. The government may have prevented people from acquiring land in South Africa, but those that actually did acquire land did not steal this land from those that couldn't. I'm not denying that some people are in possession of land they shouldn't be, but this is not universally the case as you repeatedly suggest in your posts on this topic in whichever thread it surfaces.

I am not unsympathetic to people who have lived their whole life owning property in South Africa and are beneficiaries of the rampant inequity even though they themselves didn't create it.
    And yet, all white people, most of us completely innocent, potentially stand to lose all their ground because of this. Land isn't defined only as farmland, and the government has already started testing their ability to take urban land as well, albeit apparently vacant land, near Ekhuruleni.

But in the name of equality, let's take it all because some of the white people were bad!

But you can't expect that not to cause massive problems, and ultimately people will seek to redress it one way or another.
    And there's every chance that will involve violence. Systemic inequality invites that.
    I am expecting people to address the issue, and I am suggesting that they were doing just fine before the government decided to take a knee-jerk overreaction. This reaction by the government is unnecessary and may lead to violence and heavy consequences years down the line. Yes, it is basically a slippery slope argument, but the government is granting themselves the power to do exactly what they want... and people are fine with it.

The ends don't justify the means, in my book. But the ends of any action must also be considered. The ANC may have good intentions, but the EFF definitely don't. If the ANC passes this legislation now, what happens when they can't buy any more votes and the EFF eventually win?

And yet, every time this topic surfaces, you happily claim white people are thieves and are happy that they should be punished.
    Even in this post you're already disregarding the farmers that have acquired their farms through legal means (even after Apartheid) that will lose their ground.
    When did I ever say that? You're putting words in my mouth now.

This is one of the parts I am disputing. Of course many farms were acquired illegally or through violence in colonial and Apartheid times. My problem is that you're brushing all farms in the country by this comb. It's far easier to accuse all white farmers of being murderers, thieves and beneficiaries of that legacy than it is to acknowledge that most had nothing to do with that at all. The government may have prevented people from acquiring land in South Africa, but those that actually did acquire land did not steal this land from those that couldn't. I'm not denying that some people are in possession of land they shouldn't be, but this is not universally the case as you repeatedly suggest in your posts on this topic in whichever thread it surfaces.
    Okay, so who did they buy the land from, if not from the colonial powers that took it in the first place?

Again, I'm not saying white farmers are murderers and thieves. You're saying that.

And yet, all white people, most of us completely innocent, potentially stand to lose all their ground because of this. Land isn't defined only as farmland, and the government has already started testing their ability to take urban land as well, albeit apparently vacant land, near Ekhuruleni.

But in the name of equality, let's take it all because some of the white people were bad!
    I never said it was going to be pretty. It rarely is. But it's kind of inevitable that it will happen given the situation, just a question of when and how.

Rampant social inequality and division is basically a timebomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    if you act like pewdiepie in japan well then no shit they think you are scum.
    I... think you may have gotten the wrong youtuber there?
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Don't tell that to the Palestinians who are being ethnically cleansed from their own land.

It's apartheid, the systematic oppression of an indigenous population.
    What's your definition of "indigenous"? Earliest known inhabitants, a populace having lived there for a significant amount of time or simply anyone before the latest arrivals?

If I go by Wiki, they support the first definition, and, well, the Palestinians aren't that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What's your definition of "indigenous"? Earliest known inhabitants, a populace having lived there for a significant amount of time or simply anyone before the latest arrivals?

If I go by Wiki, they support the first definition, and, well, the Palestinians aren't that.
    Well, they were born there, raised there, and are now being kicked off their land. Go figure. The dictionary says they are, if you want to split hairs, be my guest. That same argument would work against the white South Africans... so either way is fine with me.

Just like many of the people in South Africa.

Well, they were born there, raised there, and are now being kicked off their land. Go figure. The dictionary says they are, if you want to split hairs, be my guest.
    It's a bit more than splitting hairs, because claims of indigenity are routinely used as moral high ground - often by populaces who are merely another wave in a string of invaders.

What Israel practices is still apartheid and it still stinks. What the new South African government is gearing up to is still apartheid and it still stinks. What the old South African government used to do was still apartheid and it still stank.

Maybe we should use laws that do not care about who was where earlier.

It's a bit more than splitting hairs, because claims of indigenity are routinely used as moral high ground - often by populaces who are merely another wave in a string of invaders.

What Israel practices is still apartheid and it still stinks. What the new South African government is gearing up to is still apartheid and it still stinks. What the old South African government used to do was still apartheid and it still stank.

Maybe we should use laws that do not care about who was where earlier.
    It's not about a moral high ground, it's about not oppressing people and pushing them off of their land. I'm well aware that many people claim that area as rightfully theirs.

It's not about a moral high ground, it's about not oppressing people and pushing them off of their land. I'm well aware that many people claim that area as rightfully theirs.
    I agree with the principle of not oppressing people. I don't agree with the selective implementation. Most of the world blackballed South Africa when the whites were in control. Few governments are trying to blackball Israel - at least on the level of meaningful sanctions - though they are arguably as bad as the Boers were by now. No one really seems to bat an eye about South Africa presently, though they are going in the same direction.

And practically no one is calling China out on ethnic cleansing on an industrial scale.

I will never understand the thought process "Well our ancestors fucked us over so we will fuck you over even if you had nothing to do with it"

Keep the cycle of hate going, fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It's South Africa's loss. Nobody wants to invest in a country where the government confiscates land without fair compensation.
    Or a country where in 12 months having food will be enough to get you murdered so someone can steal said food. On the upside, $1 will soon be able to buy back the entire country including all the farmland. Shame about all the farmers and families being murdered, raped and brutalized by malitia's armed with military grade signal blocking equipment though.

I agree with the principle of not oppressing people. I don't agree with the selective implementation. Most of the world blackballed South Africa when the whites were in control. Few governments are trying to blackball Israel - at least on the level of meaningful sanctions - though they are arguably as bad as the Boers were by now. No one really seems to bat an eye about South Africa presently, though they are going in the same direction.

And practically no one is calling China out on ethnic cleansing on an industrial scale.
    I think plenty of people are looking at the actions of South Africa. And let's remember, people tend to care less about the goings on in Africa, and it has been that way for a very long time. It took decades of apartheid before people were doing anything about it.