Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    "Love it or leave it!" an intelligent and mature person
    Well why play something you hate? Thats not fun? Gaming is supposed to be a fun break from reality an escape.

Now me on the other have I have many issues with BfA but I would be lying if I said I wasnt still enjoying it. Most people are pretty much moaning that nothing about BfA is good, NOTHING. At that point you gotta say 'why are you even playing'

Sure I understand if people have major concerns about Azerite Armor and class GCD changes making their classes boring to play, I totally dig that. You can still play the game, but if NOTHING about this expansion is good thats when I question peoples logic.

Maybe WOW just isnt the game for you anymore if you reached this point? Back in Cata I completely burned out on WoW during the Firelands raid and I unsubbed the first time and only time I ever have and it felt good when I came back halfway through MoP. I felt reinvigorated. Whjen I unsubbed I didn't complain on the forums, I didn't blame Blizzard, I wasnt bitter. I just left and moved on. Left my hardcore raiding guild behind who I kept in touch with in other ways, but I didn't kick up a storm like some of you people are. It sounds liek you people need a time out.

Maybe its best people just unsub (which it's clear some people are), and wait for the next expansion. Because its very clear of these changes like Azerite armor are not going away until this expansion ends. And you gotta deal with it.

Being toxic and entitled, and harassing devs (who are just doing their job) is not the way to get your point across. Be mature, be constructive and offer compliment with criticism. Blizzard will listen to you, but some of the hate I have seen are just furthering toxic behaviour. Blizzard wont listen to that and they shouldn't
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-12-11 at 02:11 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Ok i will then !
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    It’s really that simple.

Post on the official forums as well if you’re interested in providing specific feedback. Maybe they’ll see it and maybe your point will be discussed at their meetings. I work in software development for a fortune 100 company and you can be damn sure we care about our customers. You have to make hard decisions, but ultimately people gotta pay for your products or you’re dead.

I’ve unsubbed and am currently trying out FF XIV. I don’t actually have my first job yet but I don’t care. Just enjoying seeing another take on MMO’s. Also playing some Starcraft 2 again. It’s still a great game.

Get out and enjoy your life. Make choices, try something new, try something old. Give feedback to Blizz if you love wow and want it to be good again but please please please don’t give them your money if you actually want to see a change.
    already done, except that I wont post too much on the forums, because there are srsly people out there that would endlessly support the worst expac ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    already done, except that I wont post too much on the forums, because there are srsly people out there that would endlessly support the worst expac ever.
    No body supported WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    After i resubbed a week ago I logged in once.
    Looked up my old Nost login credentials and started playing on X again.

Will resub when Classic comes live
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

That’s a reasonable point.

Do you playbother games with those people? Wow was reasonably unique in terms of online community building at launch but now the communities are aggregated in places like Dsicord. You can still log on, connect to discord, and play other competitive games with your same community of friends. Mythic raiding in Wow isn’t the only way to enjoy a gaming challenge with friends and a community.

What other methods would you suggest for making it know to Blizzard that they need to make changes “or else”?

The point about unsubbing is that it’s the 1 absolute way to effect their bottom line and light a fire under them. I’m interested in what you think for a better way.
    Except we know from Ghostcrawler that quitting and leaving a message when you unsub does basically nothing. "Just unsub" is a terrible piece of advice in general. Just because I don't like certain parts of the game doesn't mean I don't still like playing with my guild/friends and some other parts of the game. It's not binary like that. I can still want to play the game even if I think the devs are doing stupid shit, and of course I'm going to try to change their minds, because I want the game to be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No body supported WoD.
    Sure, because at the time it was the worst expansion we'd had. Then we got Legion, and now BfA, which got progressively worse.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No body supported WoD.
    BfA is far worse than WoD. At least Wod had a good start.

I mean sure BfA has like more content than WoD, but everything from class design (the main thing people care about) to the dungeons/Uldir (the 2nd main thing people care about) to the new stuff (warfronts/island expeditions) is just terrible. At least WoD still had fun classes (even though it was weaker than MoP) and the dungeons/Highmaul were amazing.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-12-11 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    BfA is far worse than WoD. At least Wod had a good start.

I mean sure BfA has like more content than WoD, but everything from class design (the main thing people care about) to the dungeons/Uldir (the 2nd main thing people care about) to the new stuff (warfronts/island expeditions) is just terrible. At least WoD still had fun classes (even though it was weaker than MoP) and the dungeons/Highmaul were amazing.
    Okay that much I agree with. You got me :P

But if by the end of BfA we get a major patch worse than 6.1 which for a major patch introduced a S.E.L.F.I.E Cam as its main feature over a raid that was cancelled. I think I will then vote it worst.

But as you stated so far I agree WoD did have a better start out :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-12-11 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    You mean one of the biggest fansites that Blizzard has confirmed that they read for feedback?

Where else should I post? The official forums that I can't post on because I'm not paying for the game anymore?
    "Where should I post" doesn't seem to be your issue. I'll concede. After reading your posts, you should maybe reconsider what you post because none of it is particularly constructive and extremely toxic. I was totally prepared to read some legitimate suggestions too...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleheart View Post
    "Where should I post" doesn't seem to be your issue. I'll concede. After reading your posts, you should maybe reconsider what you post because none of it is particularly constructive and extremely toxic. I was totally prepared to read some legitimate suggestions too...
    These days, "toxic" has become synonymous with "not facillitating in the creation of my own personal echo chamber". I don't place much stock in arguments predicated on that word.

I admit that I am guilty of lowering the tone of my comments to the general level that the rest of this website uses but to say I haven't given any constructive feedback (I assume you trawlled through my post history) is just willful ignorance.

I'm not sure why I'm even acknowledging an attack on myself when the topic was whether or not this website is a valid place to post feedback for the game.

You can be unhappy with parts of the game and not with others. Being "unhappy" isn't all encompassing. And you can let it be known that you are unhappy with that part of game, it's part of being a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I've quit the game a couple times. I hit a point where I got bored, so I stopped playing. Later, in each case about 1-2 years later, the itch to play returned and I came back. I'm glad I took these breaks I did and I'm glad I came back. I'm even enjoying the game currently (which makes me a heathen in the eyes of many on this forum).

People act like there's all these reasons that they can't quit, but it's all bullshit and probably suggests challenges with addiction. The first time I quit, I was a guild leader. I didn't just ghost the guild or anything, I sorted out someone I could pass the torch to and so on. But the thing is, no matter what you are doing in the game, no matter what obligations you feel you have or friends you have in the same guild etc...

If you are not enjoying the game it's time to leave it. Doing something that's supposed to be fun when you aren't having fun will be a positive experience for a total of ZERO people, and if you're not careful you will start resenting the things that "force" you to play.

If you play with people that are really friends, don't bring them down with your dislike for the game. If you play with people that are really friends, don't force yourself to play with them if you don't like they game or you'll start to sour that relationship.

If you aren't having fun, walk the fuck away.

Oh and for god's sake, if you hate the game, don't just quit playing, also quit pissing on it on these forums. Constructive feedback and pushing for improvements are all well and good, but just spewing bile in every post is useless. Find some other way to vent your frustrations that doesn't splatter all over people that still enjoy the game, and move on.
    I love it =). Thanks for adding that.

I appreciate all the consenting opinions as well. It’s been interesting reading all the reasons people state for not being able to quit the game. It’s also been interesting to see how few people say they’re loving the game. I think the most common theme is that people have one to two activities that they enjoy that keep them subbed, or they just like the community with friends.

Nothing particularly wrong with those reasons and for them I say enjoy! But if you’re genuinely unhappy? Speak with your wallet and stop rolling that sub! Fill out the unsub survey while you’re at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Ok i will then !
    This response made me smile the most lol.

I have unsubbed from the game. Still have a few months left on my gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except we know from Ghostcrawler that quitting and leaving a message when you unsub does basically nothing. "Just unsub" is a terrible piece of advice in general. Just because I don't like certain parts of the game doesn't mean I don't still like playing with my guild/friends and some other parts of the game. It's not binary like that. I can still want to play the game even if I think the devs are doing stupid shit, and of course I'm going to try to change their minds, because I want the game to be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, because at the time it was the worst expansion we'd had. Then we got Legion, and now BfA, which got progressively worse.
    Interesting. Do you have a link to the GC a quote?

People keep trying to break my “unhappy” into smaller pieces of being unhappy with just some number of things but happy with others. I really mean people that are just unhappy. How do you feel when you sit down to play? What about when you log out? What about when you’re not playing?

If you are unhappy, you should be doing something else with your life. That’s what I’m saying.

I’m also suggesting this is the only way to truly send a message to Blizz. If you think enough unsubs wouldn’t cause Blizz to take a look at those exit polls then I just think you’re kidding yourself.

Quote Attributed to Napoleon: “Quantity has a quality of its own”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can be unhappy with parts of the game and not with others. Being "unhappy" isn't all encompassing. And you can let it be known that you are unhappy with that part of game, it's part of being a customer.
    But I do mean general unhappiness. Which is also possible.

You’re changing my argument to fit your attack on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Todrazok View Post
    I have unsubbed from the game. Still have a few months left on my gametime.

Yup. I have a couple days left so I can at least try out Basic 8.1 to see if it’s worth some play time.

Deleted
    Yeah, Blizzard doesn't care about us, just our money..
    So "vote with your valets" and unsub - only then will we see change.

I miss the game, but I'm finally able to play a lot of games that I always wanted to see!

When you unsub you get a feedback survey and presumably your sub will still have some amount of time left to be able to post feedback in the official forums. Seems like sometimes people are just being contrarian because it’s fun or something.
    AFAIK they have removed the unsub-survey. Not eveyone gets one anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did unsub and this bait thread isnt going to make me waste my time posting a .... damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    AFAIK they have removed the unsub-survey. Not eveyone gets one anymore.
    I got one this last time I unsubbed. Maybe it’s random so they don’t have to deal with quite as much data. It’s called sampling: https://searchbusinessanalytics.tech.../data-sampling
    Last edited by Savagedragn; 2018-12-12 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Except it isn’t a matter of making the game “better”. That’s subjective and varies from player to player. What you’re suggesting is that Blizzard should pander to the infantile tantrums of a portion of their players who think they have the best/only answers as to how the game should be designed.

Blizzard should make the game they want to make. If you like it, you play it. If you don’t like it, you find something else to do with your free time. They already get plenty of feedback. If they like the direction the game is going regardless of the people whining on here then that’s their prerogative, and you’d do better to move on rather than bang your head against a wall trying to get a company to cater to your personal gaming desires.
    Well consider how many people have left and how many have stayed. Their job is to get more subs yet every single time they talk about sub numbers its not that they have improved. There is a massive difference between pandering to infantile tantrums and ignoring constructive criticism and telling the fanbase that if they dont like something then they arent having fun the right way. They still have yet to admit they blew it with Azerite armor and getting rid of set bonuses and artifact abilities despite almost universal acknowledgement that these were bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is simple. Simple thinking.

Most people aren't unhappy with everything in the game. They find some things fun, others OK, others bad. I'd bet that most of us lie somewhere on the spectrum from "Mostly like it but there are a few issues" to "mostly don't like it, lots of issues".

OP's statement is a rather immature desire for things to be black and white... you either like it and are happy or you don't like it and are unhappy. Life isn't like that, though.

Also, this is a discussion forum. If seeing that some people don't like parts of the game bothers someone that person should probably avoid forums. Not just these but any. That person should also gain the maturity to understand that people disagree and that doesn't make the others wrong, necessarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    "Love it or leave it!" -an intelligent and mature person
    WoW is a game. If people are so intent on playing with their friends, there are plenty of other games. The point is that sticking around to complain about a game when they simply don't like it isn't going to do much but make them and others miserable. Blizzard can't cater to every single person and every single complaint because it's impossible to get every single person to agree on any one thing. It makes more sense to just find a different game to play.

If people want change, then the saying "put your money where you mouth is" comes to mind. Blizzard looks at statistical data and as long as people keep paying for a sub they're not going to see as much of an issue. It's not immaturity, it's common sense.