I love how people are making all sorts of assumptions based on a server stress test on a months old build with half finished controls.

Play the January and February demos, then make an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is...is it a bad thing that games are seeing more post-launch support in terms of bug fixing/performance improvements? And this is clearly designed as an online game, meaning that the plan is to support it with post-launch content (paid and/or unpaid) and features, so...ok?

I mean if you were trying to make a point about it launching too early, we'll have to see if that's the case here (though it's not a bad bet given recent launches). But games seeing post-launch support is infinitely preferable to launching them and then largely abandoning them.
    Actually... the focus on live services isn't as good as it seems. Sure the game lasts long, but they all demand all your time or all your money to appease the grind.
    What if we wanted more focused games that actually had an end point so we could move forward?

Nevertheless, "Live Service" is not an excuse to launch game with barely any content/huge parts of the game still missing or with critical bugs still in it, looking at you Battlefield V (WHERE IS THE CONTENT?) and Fallout 76 (do I even need to say more?).

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I love how people are making all sorts of assumptions based on a server stress test on a months old build with half finished controls.

Play the January and February demos, then make an opinion.
    Well it reflect the state of the gaming community, no? You always have the 2 vocal groups, one that claim its dead on arrival because for some reason they want to watch some studio burn, and you have the group that will praise it like if its the greatest game of all time. Then you have the silent majority who just wait and see for themselves, or wait for the reviews to form an opinion, then move on if they don't like it / buy it if they do.

Personally I like these kind of games, playing Destiny/Destiny2/Warframe/Division.. so I'm definitely interested in this one, but I'll wait until I can put my hands on it to make my judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Well it reflect the state of the gaming community, no? You always have the 2 vocal groups, one that claim its dead on arrival because for some reason they want to watch some studio burn, and you have the group that will praise it like if its the greatest game of all time. Then you have the silent majority who just wait and see for themselves, or wait for the reviews to form an opinion, then move on if they don't like it / buy it if they do.

Personally I like these kind of games, playing Destiny/Destiny2/Warframe/Division.. so I'm definitely interested in this one, but I'll wait until I can put my hands on it to make my judgment.
    Anyone that's passing judgement who's actually touched the game is breaking their NDA.

I will give it a month after release and check reviews. That way shill media and angry stompy media will have moved on and I can get a reasonable review and maybe a bargin bin price because EA will ditch it if it isn't the best selling game in history after 2-3 weeks.

Multiplayer = shit. I've yet to see a game with multiplayer focus that actually had depth of story. Games like Destiny are just shallow junk and not a good thing to follow.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2018-12-10 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I will give it a month after release and check reviews. That way shill media and angry stompy media will have moved on and I can get a reasonable review and maybe a bargin bin price because EA will ditch it if it isn't the best selling game in history after 2-3 weeks.
    i think there's going to be a free demo available early february so you could probably just give it a spin yourself.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Multiplayer = shit. I've yet to see a game with multiplayer focus that actually had depth of story.
    Secret World is a good example, though the story/narrative exists in spite of the multiplayer rather than because of it. They can have a decent story, they just have to silo it off from the more repetitive content that will make up what keeps folks playing. But if they found a way to integrate it with the multiplayer that'd be interesting as hell.

Secret World is a good example, though the story/narrative exists in spite of the multiplayer rather than because of it. They can have a decent story, they just have to silo it off from the more repetitive content that will make up what keeps folks playing. But if they found a way to integrate it with the multiplayer that'd be interesting as hell.
    I wish Secret World had been a single player game, or re-designed around the idea. It was such a brilliant world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i think there's going to be a free demo available early february so you could probably just give it a spin yourself.
    See I don't really trust that either. Those things are often very railed to give a thrilling experience. Not to say I won't add it to the list of things I will require but to say its great or even good from that.. nah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Like any responsible person, I will wait for the game to release in its entirety and make a decision from there.

Yes, I'm aware EA blows hard.

Yes, I don't believe they can't change.

No, I won't buy it if it offers game-altering, non-cosmetic micro-transactions. They are the reason I've black-listed EA to begin with.
    Hear, hear. I am in the exact same camp as you are.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be sure to try it out just because of the clout Bioware has with me. People may bitch about Andromeda all they want, but I personally thought it was OK and Bioware gave me a lot of hours of entertainment all the way from early 2000s to give them some credit for it and try out their new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I will be sure to try it out just because of the clout Bioware has with me. People may bitch about Andromeda all they want, but I personally thought it was OK and Bioware gave me a lot of hours of entertainment all the way from early 2000s to give them some credit for it and try out their new game.
    If it wasn't a game made by Bioware, I wouldn't even be in this thread. This game wouldn't even be on my radar. But I do have love for them still, and am very curious what they bring to the table with this game.

Also, I didn't hate Andromeda either, just as you said, it was an 'Ok' game. Wasn't the best, wasn't the worst, I enjoyed it for what it was, but that's about as far as my favor for it goes.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    from the trailers this game looks sick, lets just hope they dont fuck em up with micro transactions and lootboxes
    It is EA so of course they will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I don't think I can laugh any harder. It's a looter-shooter where they've stated it will be sparse on story and "instead focus on the gameplay" ... it's gonna be chock full of that stuff just like Destiny2.
    The cash shop in Destiny has almost no impact on game play 99% of it is completely cosmetic. There also isn't anything you can get with cash you can't get by playing the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing about Anthem is it can't just be a good game. It can't be just ok or good or even great. With Bioware and EAs reputation it has to be amazing it to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The thing about Anthem is it can't just be a good game. It can't be just ok or good or even great. With Bioware and EAs reputation it has to be amazing it to succeed.
    With bioware's repuation I expect a deep story and RPG experience. And I already know they can't deliver that because the game is just not made for that. Putting the story in the hub and having all the gameplay be just grinding stuff is just never going to be what I expect of a bioware game. It might turn out okay and worth the investment, but it will always be a disapointment because bioware didn't have a relevant "live service platform" anymore. I just hope it won't kill them before they can finish DA4, as I expect that to be the last part of the story.

Is...is it a bad thing that games are seeing more post-launch support in terms of bug fixing/performance improvements?
    it is when they think we're supposed to wait for the product we already paid for to work at all.

if they fail launch, like so many has-been and never-will devs do, why should you expect the patches to fix anything if they can't even get it working at ver.1 to begin with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The thing about Anthem is it can't just be a good game. It can't be just ok or good or even great. With Bioware and EAs EXPECTED PROFIT MARGINS it has to be amazing it to succeed.
    adjusted for reality, and yeah EA and nu-bioware have earned their reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The instant I hear you can purchase a badass Javelin for $5-10-20 dollars... I'm out. I think most people will be, too.
    Pretty sure they said that not only would there be no pay-to-win, but that there wouldn't even be loot boxes (you would just buy cosmetic items directly from the cash shop).

I highly doubt they would go back on that... One because it would be extremely harmful to the brand to do so. And two because it might even open them up to false advertising litigation.

---
    Not that I am defending the game, mind you, still not buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall hearing those statements. If they did go on record saying those things, that's great. Now the game just has to be good and shipped with enough content to fulfill the initial cost and I'll probably buy it.

But those are still some big ifs according to some of the Alpha feelings I've read across various platforms, with the NDA and all, not many are divulging much just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "No fighting underwater"

Damn, that sucks. Not a huge deal, but still sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.