Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Other people's kids are terrible. My own kids are incredible. I can hang out with them ALL DAY (2 year old and 3 week old).

Most people who don't like kids are probably judging based on other people's kids. They'd most likely really enjoy their own.

Having kids is great. I wish I could have like 8!

Deleted
    Nothing against kids per say. I have something against their parents for letting them running wild while not caring.

I don't mind teenagers, its kids like 10 and under that bother me. I have a huge aversion to anything that doesn't try to clean itself after getting poop on itself, and that isn't isolated to just humans. I can trust teenagers to wash shit off theirself normally, but I can't trust children will do it. While I go to poop in my example, its a basic hygiene thing that bothers me about children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I love kids. I just hate other people kids. It frustrates me to see how their parents failed to raise them properly.

Who am i to judge. I might be wrong in the way i raise my children.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Even though I don't have kids myself, but I'm sure I will love that little bastard.. Couldn't care less about someone else's attention-seeking kid.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    But young children are not adults and I'm not sure why you would expect one to act like an adult. That's the thing I don't really understand. It's like seeing a dog somewhere and being suprised that it acts like a dog, it's a dog, of course it's going to act that way.
    Just because a dog is going to act like a dog doesn't mean you won't be upset when it pisses on your shoe.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hate is a strong word, some people may show a small dislike or even lack of tolerance. This may be caused by the misconception that all children are noise or ill-behaved, of course that may be because they lack a real relationship with one or were unfortunate enough to only know childrens with bad behavior.

Nonetheless, it's possible to have reason in that distaste, for example someone may not like the idea of having children because it may drastically change their lifestyle or had a bad experience with children in the past.

Just like happens with dogs or cats, people usually tend to make up their minds without even having a personal experience with those beings, the thing with children is that there is much more responsibility involved.

Conclusion is that nobody really "hate" children, unless they have some kind of mental disease that would make them hate much more than only children, most people just use that word to emphasize dislike.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Deleted
    Loud, noisy, smelly, cheeky, not allowed to hit them, all of the above.

Take your pick.

Because they don't have a proper functioning brain when it comes to making the right decisions, and not the usual ''wahh wahh'' etc.

Thats why i dislike them. If they never ever said wahh, my feeling to them would completely change on the positive side.

I don't dislike kids, but I still don't want to have any. It bothers me too that people have such a hatred for children. I can understand being annoyed sometimes, but hate?

Kids under the age of 7 leak. Pick somewhere and they will leak from it at some point.
    7-5 Nose. 4-3 Nose mouth some still. 2-0 EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Don't hate kids, but dislike being around them during their non-pleasant times, quite much so as well. Screaming and loudness is something I really don't enjoy, but this goes for both kids and adults but kids are less rational about it. Then it's also the fact I have no idea what to do with them. There are times they are really funny though when they say things bluntly, but sadly the bad seems to overshadow the goods in my experience.

Most kids are great. fun, innocent, honest.

Adults are the problem because that's when life turns them into assholes, and bad kids turn into bigger assholes.

Because they don't care about them and have not their life vbehind them ?

Because I have to watch over 200+ of them everyday after class so they dont mess up my stuff while I try to get some work done. I take care of the sports instalations in my town, which are open for everyone, even parents with their babytrolleys.

Because 99+% of the parents couldnt care less about the chaos their kid is making.

And because I like calm and quiet.

This would be the answer tailored to my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Hatred? Perhaps too strong a word, idk.

Let me put it this way: the quieter a child is, the less I care about their presence. The best parents are those who know how to keep their children silent and still when they are in a public place.

My father (USMC 1969-1973) was excellent at it. Once I was old enough to understand his orders, I was expected to not speak in public unless I was spoken to. And not to move from my parents' side without permission.
    I find that most kids are well behaved once they hit the age of reason. Most parents are better than the negative people care to admit. Before that, it's genetic lottery and really the only control the parents have is whether to have their noisy kids out in public or not, and sometimes they don't even have that choice.

Children are expensive, dirty, break things, loud, ignorant, and annoying on top of much, much more.

If you like them, that's fine. However, I understand full and well as to why people do not like children.

Deleted
    To be honest we have grown to hate a lot:

1.Government
    2. Blizzard
    3. Immigration
    4. Children

No wonder our society is fucked up. For gods sake have children or accept children or shut up about immigration. Because immigrants tend to have more children then the average western european family. At least around 2,5 children per family for proper replacement rate or either the immigrants outbreed the natives or you will with aging. Don't like my words well it is the harsh truth. Not that immigrants are bad but some of them don't share the european values and freedoms which could be problematic in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampenpit View Post
    To be honest we have grown to hate a lot:

1.Government
    2. Blizzard
    3. Immigration
    4. Children

No wonder our society is fucked up. For gods sake have children or accept children or shut up about immigration. Because immigrants tend to have more children then the average western european family. At least around 2,5 children per family for proper replacement rate or either the immigrants outbreed the natives or you will with aging. Don't like my words well it is the harsh truth. Not that immigrants are bad but some of them don't share the european values and freedoms which could be problematic in the long run.
    They're not going to be problematic, we don't need exponential population growth. We're going to have global hunger issues in the next few decades as it is, and increased problems with clean water access.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiel View Post
    Because 99+% of the parents couldnt care less about the chaos their kid is making.
    I think that many parents evolve to subconsciously ignore certain noises as a psychological survival mechanism. It's not necessarily that they don't care, they simply don't even perceive what's happening, because if they internalized that insanity 24/7 they'd have a breakdown.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate kids, though some kids are on the edge of what you can handle (coming from a current temp teacher).