Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    At least some of the classes were fine to play.

Fixt.

I don't quite know how you're remembering WoD but most were a complete let down as we had just come from MoP, arguably the best expansion for classes to date. It's a pretty recurring theme that this statements resonated across the board.

Warlock in 6.0 was gutted in comparison to MoP and didn't feel great until HFC in my opinion.

MW what I mained at the time was an absolute mess all the way again through to HFC, where is was only made better finally once you had your 4pc.

I'll be honest the story is not something I've ever cared about in this game.
    TBF, MoP did have some of the best class design, but compared to BFA, WoD's classes were mostly a lot more fun, even in their odd state at the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Why don't you compare 8.1 to 7.1? Instead of comparing it to 6.1 which is one of WoW's worst patches in its entire history. You're not doing your argument any favours. Then again, I think we all know that 7.1 blows 8.1 out of the water since it released in half the time and brought double the content.
    He compares it to 6.1 because other threads are, and are saying 6.1 is better.
    we all know bfa is worse then legion.
    but lots of people are suddenly making it out to be worse then WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This patch has nothing interesting for me.
    This patch has nothing interesting for players.

2 different things.

Same as hearing 2 people say:
    This Venom movie was great.
    This Venom movie sucked balls.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    You must have fallen on your head if you even remotely compare 6.1 to 8.1.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The content 8.1 has isn’t the problem. The problem is that it isn’t fixing the issues 8.0 had. In most cases it’s just adding more useless/broken features with a few improvements (Azerite vendor, levelling and the Island reward changes).

It doesn’t do enough to make BfA serviceable. Obviously 6.1 was infinitely worse. But that kind of whataboutism is irrelevant when the modern day is crap.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-12-11 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    And as far as we know, the raids are in 8.1, not 8.1.5. Just a few weeks after 8.1 release, just like they did with Uldir.
    We don't know anything about CoS. BoD will open end of January and it really doesn't matter if it's 8.1 or 8.1.5 because it just proves my point. It's irrelevant if it's .1 or .1.5, ToV was 7.1, Nighthold was 7.1.5. BoD will be 8.1, CoS 8.1.5 or something afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The content 8.1 has isn’t the problem. The problem is that it isn’t fixing the issues 8.0 had. In most cases it’s just adding more useless/broken features with a few improvements (Azerite vendor, levelling and the Island reward changes).

It doesn’t do enough to make BfA serviceable. Obviously 6.1 was infinitely worse. But that kind of whataboutism is irrelevant when the modern day is crap.
    8.1 is at best the true release version of BfA. The expansion should have never been launched in August, instead with 8.1 and more polished. That's why 8.1 feels so... irrelevant in the end. It's just more of the same, most of it trying to solve the issues BfA has since Alpha.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We don't know anything about CoS. BoD will open end of January and it really doesn't matter if it's 8.1 or 8.1.5 because it just proves my point. It's irrelevant if it's .1 or .1.5, ToV was 7.1, Nighthold was 7.1.5. BoD will be 8.1, CoS 8.1.5 or something afterwards.
    How does it proves your point? If something is not immediatly available with the release of a patch, then is not content on that patch?
    As you say, we don't know. So we should take as true that CoS would be in 8.1 until proven wrong. Otherwise you're just criticising a posible future.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    The issue is it's content that a good chunk of players don't give a shit about. Other than the raid which doesn't release until January I won't take part in anything else that is being released.
    Exactly. Handing out more things that a noticeable majority don't care for doesn't create the illusion that all is well, and that everyone is having a great time. Yeah, the community is cancerous and some of the people generally suck as humans, but there has been so much bad associated with BFA that when I see posts defending Blizzard I'm truly at a loss. This, coming from someone that (at the time) stuck around during the heavy criticisms that came with basically all of WoD.

There was so much feedback provided during the beta and so much of it that was ignored. To everyone that enjoys the game in it's current state..okay? Good for you I guess. Either lose the rose-tinted glasses, or get used to having a very small player base to do your LFG/LFR with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, OP. People who are comparing 8.1 to 6.1 is just nonsense. It's fine to voice one's criticisms regarding the new patch, but at least try to make logical sense. 6.1 was the perfect storm of bad ideas and lack of effort on Blizzard's end that only got worse when considering that it was literally half of WoD's major content patches. I would be frankly impressed if the developers somehow managed to replicate the disaster that was 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I can't believe you're straight up lying to people and saying that the raids are coming with 8.1, but you probably don't even know yourself that they aren't. Drazar'alor is coming in January, that's not coming out this week. Don't even fool yourself thinking the Crucible of Storms is coming straight after that, because we won't be seeing that until 7.1.5 or later.
    or at the very least include Nighthold for 7.1 but noooooo that doesn't serve the argument aimed at defending mommy Blizzy!! Also include heritage armor but omit the little transmog only sets from ToV. And of course forget about the fact 7.1 came out at a record speed and was out for months by now. These people are actually the ones that are harming the environemtn more than anyone else. Making shit up to state that everything is awesome and to downplay complaints. They did the same crap in WoD telling everyone how selfie patch brings ton of content and you are just a complainer! Or comparing number of bosses from Wod to MoP and somehow missing 10 bosses from MoP and saying YoU SeE? SaMe NuMbEr!

And yeah 6.1 is the next level of badness and I'm not gonna argue that 8.1 is worse, but 6.1 is an incredibly low bar and you have to actually try pretty hard to not surpass it.
    Last edited by Diggy; 2018-12-13 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    How does it proves your point? If something is not immediatly available with the release of a patch, then is not content on that patch?
    As you say, we don't know. So we should take as true that CoS would be in 8.1 until proven wrong. Otherwise you're just criticising a posible future.
    It doesn't matter because 7.1(.5) contained ToV & Nighthold and 8.1(.5) most likely contains BoD and CoS.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again