Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    You're all illiterate and overreacting.

This law is not proposing that every corner grill carry a vegan menu. It's that large public areas (movie theaters, the LA zoo, the LA airport, sports stadiums, etc) carry at least one vegan protein option, which isn't asking that much. These places tend to already have rules in place that say you can't bring outside food into their establishment, leaving no option for vegans. Of course it's KOMMIEFORNIA111 so I'm sure there's already laws long-established that require these same places to carry other specific diet foods (like Kosher and whatever else have you) options.

More 'private' restaurants and such would not be included in this law and would not be forced to serve vegan food.

So stop fucking crying about it, kiddies.
    They terk err jer ... umm, they terk err mmit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    We got a lot of halal foods here in some restaurants in Detroit, its not a big deal at all plus it help brings A LOT of customers so it a win win....you shouldn't over react, no one is forcing you to eat any of it, its just another option and a way to make more money.
    It isn't just another option when you are forced to make it an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.

lol
    i dont know if it is funnier triggered dumb people that cant read more than the first 3 words of the title or the wannabe edgelords "BWAHAHAHA serve them overpriced shit BWAHHAHAHA"

lol

Yeah that's some clear overreach.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a proposed law, so I wouldn't freak out yet. But this is truly ridiculous. Veganism is not healthy. It's not a complete diet. Vegan mothers can give cognitive disabilities to their children in utero due to vitamin deficiencies. It's dangerous and should not be held as some moral standard.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Whats next... forced kosher/halal option for jews/muslims? Or non kosher/halal options at a place that only offers kosher/halal food? This is a joke right .
    It is California...so any stupid ideas or laws typically aren’t a joke there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramlen View Post
    It isn't just another option when you are forced to make it an option.
    Even if its made law, you don't have to go all out with the vegan menu, a salad or a veggie burger or dog is not big deal to cook up unless they
    make up some bullshit number of items requirement for the menu.

Even if its made law, you don't have to go all out with the vegan menu, a salad or a veggie burger or dog is not big deal to cook up unless they
    Somehow me thinks that a steak place offering a salad (which they already do) is not going to be enough to cover the vegan quota.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We got a lot of halal foods here in some restaurants in Detroit, its not a big deal at all plus it help brings A LOT of customers so it a win win....you shouldn't over react, no one is forcing you to eat any of it, its just another option and a way to make more money.
    I don't think you understand what that word means. Under the proposed legislation, this isn't an "option" for the restaurant/facility. They are being forced to provide an option.

- - - Updated - - -

But that's how it starts.

If vegan is ok to legislate onto menus as a requirement, then why not other options? GF (which is actually a legitimate option, as celiac is an auto immune disorder - vegan is just an aesthetic option) or nut allergies - those have legitimate reasons behind them.

That isn't the point. The point is that the agency of independent businesses are at risk of being taken from them in lieu of a compelled demand.

If it was just money, I personally wouldn't care. It's that someone is telling me that I no longer have a say in what I serve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    SO meat is murder? Cool, have fun with your world view.
    "Meat taste like murder, and murder tastes pretty damn good"
    Quote Denis Leary
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Frankly, it's good business. Plant-based eating has been on a sharp upward trend throughout 2018 and shows to keep increasing in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Most proper restaurants in my country have one or several vegetarian options. It's not difficult to make good vegetarian food. Vegan however, that's difficult. The moment you remove eggs and dairy, you're suddenly very short on options for cooked food that's not really boring.
    Most of the world's cuisine is vegan by default. Asian, Indian, African, etc. I suppose it depends on what you consider boring though. This isn't including alternatives either like cashew based cheeses. I wish I could get everyone to try Spiral Diner in Dallas. It's all vegan and serves the most amazing food. Best nachos and sundaes I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    No im being serious, why use word like "vegan meat", "vegan butter" when its not a meat or a butter. Make new word, how hard can that be?
    As much as animal agriculture wishes differently, those terms aren't specific to animal products. Coconut butter and meat are good examples. Regardless, many companies do use alternative names. Trader Joe's sells "almond beverages", but people still call it almond milk for the sake of ease.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Leftists and their ideas...
    Why it doesnt even surprise me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No.

They are saying if you own a BBQ joint and it does business on public land, there offer a vegan option.
    LOL Nope. None of that; says any of that. Just based on the fact you chose the wording "public land". If you are private business owner. You dont have to comply. I havent even read the entirety of the proposition. So, Im just going to shoot from the hip with my commonsense and understanding of the law. You can not force a private business that deals in one aspect to comply to a spectrum of any and all aspects unless the city compensates which voids the private business its private status. Due to the fact that it is a privately owned business. They are doing what is in their power of handling their private business. Even if that private business' business is serving crapburgers and paper fries. They dont have means, nor need to consider catering to vegan's other than direct them towards somewhere that caters to vegans. Now... Corporate venues. Yes. They have to comply. Some weird quid pro quo thing. Ex: Renter of rented space from renter of said space, who rents from the city. Who gets tax cut or something. That part is alittle bit confusing. But can simplified into Corporate, being intertwined with other Corporate entities, are not able to just back out of said situation, when said situation arise without penalty and a private business can just pack up and say 'F that noise'.

Funny example. Give 2 people the same uniform. A civilian, and a military guy. Which one doesnt wear the uniform correctly? Which one can lose their job, when worn correctly? LOL
    Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2018-12-11 at 07:58 PM.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Frankly, it's good business. Plant-based eating has been on a sharp upward trend throughout 2018 and shows to keep increasing in 2019.
    Actually, it's the opposite of good business. It's government forced regulation on a free market for something that has no intrinsic value.

Most of the world's cuisine is vegan by default. Asian, Indian, African, etc. I suppose it depends on what you consider boring though. This isn't including alternatives either like cashew based cheeses. I wish I could get everyone to try Spiral Diner in Dallas. It's all vegan and serves the most amazing food. Best nachos and sundaes I've ever had.
    No, it's not. If you actually believe that, please cite data showing it. Don't just make things up.

The vegan diet is a choice, not a requirement, and certainly not one that is backed by any science. There is no common sense behind this law, and certainly no health reasoning to back it. If they were after helping people, they would have made the issue GF (celiac) or Nut-free food.

Vegan is an aesthetic choice. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    That would be the next logical step, yes. In both ways, of course. I'd jsut put celery and paprika sticks on the menu. They're vegan, kosher and halal food. Maybe some hummus.

Allthough cooking kosher is a pain, jewish cuisine holds quiet a few gems, though. Just saying.
    Just do Tomato Soup - $200. Nothing says it has to be reasonably prices, accessible or any good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It isn't a smart move at all, diversifying and increasing your menu size is an absolutely stupid idea as a restaurant. You want a moderate menu with overlapping ingredients so you can order accordingly, maximizing profit knowing you're going to use all that you order without freezing/binning it. Small menu's also increase serving time, allowing you to prepare a meal quicker by having to manage less things.

There are vegan and vegetarian restaurants, no one's forcing them to serve stakes to cater to everyone. This is an equally stupid idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No one should be forced to serve food they normally wouldn't have on their menu.
    and I would never dare to eat food a chef was forced to serve agenst his will.... yes for a obligatory content list so the consumer know and can do his choice. I would not be happy if I did eat dog meat, even though it was completely healthy.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2018-12-11 at 08:22 PM.

Well they can't serve them avacados or butternut squash since, in the same fashion as honey, the bees are used in an unnatural way.

$20 salads it is! As long as the romaine doesn't kill them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Well they can't serve them avacados or butternut squash since, in the same fashion as honey, the bees are used in an unnatural way.

$20 salads it is! As long as the romaine doesn't kill them.
    The entire vegan movement is just ridiculous. Lol re romaine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    and I would never dare to eat food a chef was forced to serve agenst his will.... yes for a obligatory content list so the consumer know and can do his choice. I would not be happy if I did eat dog meat, even though it was completely healthy.
    On the flip side, I bet the chefs are the least upset by this - it's another creative dish to make, and that's essentially what they do.

If the product does not sale are they going to make up for the losses, I can understand this for Gov't buildings and such but not private businesses, if they thought there was money in it I'm sure they'd already be offering it. Plus are the places going to put silly prices on it to make up for the trouble of trying to stock, process\cook it (and how many of these places will worry about cooking the same product on the same grill most of the time). Just seems like a bad idea all around.

*I think a better option is to work out something with the owners to put something in place that Vegan food can be bought into those places (maybe have a list of acceptable foods so not everyone is abusing it) not sure if feasible but seems a little less stupid that the current law they are proposing.