Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Maybe not tied directly to the Dreadwake subs but surely to try and bump up subs. Will know for sure if they don't come with a major patch and they come in during the draught of a patch.

Think people highly overestimate how many subs they actually get from that Dreadwake promo.

And this theory is far fetch for sure, but they should give us Zandalari and Kul Tiran january at latest. This is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I obviously flush your conspiracy theory down the toilet, but i'm not at all happy with how long it's taking. They really should've been there at launch.

Taking way too long. I've leveled almost all of my characters and am pretty much decided on wich classes/race combos to prioritise, to the point that i am not sure i care anymore. I was planning to give moonkin kultiran a go, but my druid is too far behind now and i already chose other classes to focus on.
    I could race change the hunter, but why? The interesting part are the druid forms, and it's difficult enough to find a good hunter transmog as it is.

The versatility CD might be good tough, but i care about looks and i don't think a big burly guy fits well as a ranged. More Druid/Warrior imo... and Paladin if the devs weren't thick.
    Why do you flush it down the toilet? Blizzard have done many things like this in the past, it's a win win - or is it?

Stringing along/delaying content to try and bolster subs/get more money. They could obviously try and tie in certain content with the story so it doesn't seem so blatantly obvious, but it doesn't hide the fact they do those things to reclaim money. At the end of the day it is a business first and foremost, which nowadays they are clearly treating it like so.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    but they should give us Zandalari and Kul Tiran january at latest.
    They should be giving those races at 8.1

They are just delaying them for business reasons, the races are ready for months now. More than a year passed since Zandalari were announced, and Blizzard is probably planning to release the two races in March or whatever.

Posts like this are why the WoW fanbase is so unbearable. There is no conspiracy you simpleton. We literally know exactly when they are coming out. They are coming out when you complete the new raid, which is available on January 22nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Gotta keep in mind that they've hinted the races will be locked behind the raid I believe?
    no, they hinted it drop very early in BFA, they always talked about Zandalari with Dark Iron, and dark iron already released, i don't even recall any hint of kul'tiran reskinned 'allied' race prior to datamining, unlike zandalari that were in talk since ages
    Zandalari are actually quite popular, even if it get them a few hundreds of subs then it will be worth delaying
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    People have asked in previous Q&As why don't we have access to playable Zandalari or Kul'Tiran yet. The response is, it needs to fit the story. Well, if you finish your respective faction's continents you received their pledge. Why not then? If not then, how about finishing the stories and then getting exalted with them? Still no... why not?

IMO they are delaying the next allied race purposely until it lines up with when most Dreadwake mount subs run out as another boost to revenue and nothing more. That means we can expect to see playable Zandalari and KT in March or April.
    Odd, my Dreadwake's "sub" doesn't run out until the end of Oct. Think that might have been due to buying Gametime when wow tokens dropped cheap before BfA launched, and I banked up a lot of time, which I know many others did. The "Dreadwake bundle" actually netted you a discount rather than buying all 6 months with individual tokens. But you do you, whatever helps you sleep at night mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah everythin is a conspiracy if you want it to be.
    It doesn't require a "conspiracy" to look at actions taken by a for-profit organization and interpret them in light of them planning things to maximize their income.

Whether it's allied races or a new patch or tier or whatever - there will be something to entice players who purchased 6 months during the Dreadwake promotion to stick around. Allowing a bunch of subs like to drift away because they expire during a big lull would just be financial malpractice on the part of Blizzard.

I probably like conspiracy theories more than any other person on this forum, and yet, even I have to lol at this.

Also, I'm kinda curious about this obsession with allied races. Especially since even the people who shit on pretty much EVERY aspect of the game are like "I would play if they gave me Different Trolls NOW". If every aspect of the game is shit, according to people, I'm curious how playing the same shit content with different pixels will help. For me, it's just another proof that people complain to complain, because others complain, not because they, themselves, actually hate the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This is on the level with flat earth shit. Grats getting there OP.
    ...Your faith in video game companies is sky high then if you believe that it’s -that- insane to think a company might time releases of things for maximum profit.

I mean I don’t think OP is right either, but damn man to compare it to flat earth believers. That’s some hardcore hyperbole or you really believe Activision Blizzard are saints.

The moment you guys finish eating up your tin foil hats it'll happen, I swear!

Interesting fact if you go on the bfa site and check, KT and Zanda trolls are still "tagged" upcoming in this patch.
    False advertising? bait and switch?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Not sure why that's so complicated. They have a bit of a content drought so use the dreadwake promo to keep subs coming in for 6 months. Then line up the allied race release when those guaranteed subs run out. Now you have people resubbing, buying race changes and boosts.

They could easily drop the Zandalari/KT now for people who have done the full questlines and got exalted. Story wise it already makes sense as you had those people pledge their loyalty to your faction. Why further delay allied races you announced over a year ago and used as a selling point for the expansion pre-order?
    yeah, doubt that'll happen. Its not as big of a cash grab as you seem to think. "another troll or another human". Thats not exactly big buck territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I don't see why so many wow players have to be in denial of the fact that part of Bliz's practice as a company is to milk you for every dollar they can. Not that we should be surprised by this or even outraged. Its just the brass tax of what being a big corporation is in our society. Wells Fargo just got busted for systematically creating fake accounts for a huge number of their customers without their knowledge or permission because.. quarterly reports and stock value. Bliz is absolutely no different in that regard. Their bottom line is quarterly reports and stock value above all else at this point. You can enjoy the game while still acknowledging that this is the reality we live in. So where am I going with this? Only that what the op proposes here isn't far fetched at all. Not to say its without a doubt true but it very easily could be. Its not the end of the world if it is either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the races will be available after finishing the new raid.
    Where's an exact date when they're playable though? Wing 3 or whatever?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah everythin is a conspiracy if you want it to be.
    There absolutely are conspiracies (business strategies!) in multi-billion industries, I expect more from people. Its naive to think otherwise. Very few coincidences at the higher end, like how most patches and promotions arrive at the end of fiscal quarters or how you want to align something long-anticipated to launch around the time a 6-month commitment will end. I call good business.

Conspiracy insofar as completely premeditated. Such a cash grab, WoW these days. It’s never been so blatant.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Where's an exact date when they're playable though? Wing 3 or whatever?
    Don't listen to that crap. They said on Blizzcon that Kul Tiran/Zandalari will be part of 8.1.5. We don't have exact date now, but common sense tells me it will be in March, because it's ~3 months after 8.1 and end of Q1. Also if Kul Tiran/Zandalari would be part of 8.1, we would see scenarios datamined and tested during PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't listen to that crap. They said on Blizzcon that Kul Tiran/Zandalari will be part of 8.1.5. We don't have exact date now, but common sense tells me it will be in March, because it's ~3 months after 8.1 and end of Q1. Also if Kul Tiran/Zandalari would be part of 8.1, we would see scenarios datamined and tested during PTR.
    I thought as much, damn, if it'll take that long, makes you wonder if we'll get anymore allied races at all if 8.2 will be around June/July, so 8.3 will be in the fall when we're supposed to have Blizzcon and a new expansion announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Basically. I mean the impression they Left me with was that Zandalari were going to be available very early in the expansion, but they just keep moving the goalpost over and over again. They have moved it so much that the race they were pairing with them (Dark Iron) have already been released rofl.
    The other way to look at is that they also came up with an entirely new race to pair with the race that had previously been paired with the Zandalari and made an entirely new race to pair with them instead that ALSO happens to be the main focal point of the expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I thought as much, damn, if it'll take that long, makes you wonder if we'll get anymore allied races at all if 8.2 will be around June/July, so 8.3 will be in the fall when we're supposed to have Blizzcon and a new expansion announcement?
    My theory is that we will get Vulpera and Mechagnome in 8.2.5 and some reskin of Undead/Worgen for 8.3.5 (8.3.2?). This way we will have 1 allied race connected to every "base" race (beside Pandaren).

Why they didn't tell that on Blizzcon? Just imagine reactions if they would do that. No one would be talking about Nazjatar/Mechagon and instead screaming at each other how "they hate furries" and "Blizzard hates Alliance".