Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uh what items out of curiosity?
    Which items?

The ones from BfA or the ones from previous expansions?

If you're referring to items from previous expansions, example:
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=29529/drums-of-battle
    http://db.hellfire-tbc.com/?item=28430 (had to look a TBC database as said restriction on the same was also dropped later on)

It's one of the reasons why almost any engineering gadget (such as Jeeves) still has a profession requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Which items?

The ones from BfA or the ones from previous expansions?

If you're referring to items from previous expansions, example:
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=29529/drums-of-battle
    http://db.hellfire-tbc.com/?item=28430 (had to look a TBC database as said restriction on the same was also dropped later on)

It's one of the reasons why almost any engineering gadget (such as Jeeves) still has a profession requirement.
    Yeah but I mean that's old BC stuff.

That don't belong here. Times change. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glarolas View Post
    And you can keep them. Just go back to the profession that made them........
    Yeah gonna be fun telling my friends guild I can't do flasks/pots for em anymore.....

I seriously hate this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Professions aren't meant to be swapped around. You're suppose to commit to them.

They could have communicated better for sure, but I don't have much sympathy for people losing gear over this.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As if professions in BfA could afford to get more negative reception.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Professions aren't meant to be swapped around. You're suppose to commit to them.

They could have communicated better for sure, but I don't have much sympathy for people losing gear over this.
    They killed the whole "perk for professions" because it turned people into Jewelcrafting/Enginnering if you want to raid for a reason, now they are slowly inching back to those days. The LW parts should have been made BoE.

There's no economy to professions though. So you either commit to crafting a piece of gear that is essentially BAD LUCK protection in case you can't get 385 pants to drop or you go with what actually makes money.

Professions are a joke in this game.

Just another aspect that is sacrificed so WoW can become a Dungeon Looter.

Reasonable change. It's a perk of the profession and should require the profession to equip. Simple rule should be:

If it is BOP it requires the profession
    If it is BOE it does not require the profession (for obvious reasons)

Having said that, the crafted BOPs should at least have a socket on them to make them worth taking the profession over gear that you can just get anyway
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2018-12-12 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post

Apparently people are finding they lost 30 ilvls upon login.

This change was not in the Patch Notes.

A lot of people switched professions to more profitable/fun ventures, such as alchemy and engineering, because the armor-crafting professions have been shit and don't make money.
    It's entirely reasonable to expect them to warn players several weeks ago, that this change was coming, so they could plan on replacements in time for the patch.

But, since Ion and crew have decided radio silence is their way of having a "conversation" with their customers, a new dumpster is lit on fire, for the youtubers to feed off of for another week.

This isn't rocket science here. It's mystifying how hard they're tripling and quadrupling down on the same stupid decision making that just gets them more negative comments.

This is on them. It's a small fire, but they lit it. It's simple - COMMUNICATE with the players that you're changing your mind on a mechanic, put it in the patch notes. Players will grumble but they'll deal. Springing it on them doesn't fucking work, people have been telling you that for YEARS now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Reasonable change. It's a perk of the profession and should require the profession to equip. Simple rule should be:

If it is BOP it requires the profession
    If it is BOE it does not require the profession (for obvious reasons)

Having said that, the crafted BOPs should at least have a socket on them to make them worth taking the profession over gear that you can just get anyway
    I don't think anyone really disagrees, it's that they didn't warn people, so they could replace the gear in time for the patch. I was just reading the thread about it on their forums, people are left with that slot empty today, facing a raid schedule. If they'd known a couple of weeks ago, there'd be no drama, and the grumbling would have died off by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    There's no economy to professions though. So you either commit to crafting a piece of gear that is essentially BAD LUCK protection in case you can't get 385 pants to drop or you go with what actually makes money.

Professions are a joke in this game.

Just another aspect that is sacrificed so WoW can become a Dungeon Looter.
    No economy? If you want to make money, pick one that makes money. If you want to make gear for alts, pick a gear crafter. Each one has it's uses, they aren't going to be 100% the same in every catagory.

I wanted to make money from professions, so I went herbalist and scribe. I made like 600k(chump change compared to some people) in a few weeks just buying/reselling/farming herbs and Darkmoon cards.

And sorry but WoW has always been a "dungeon looter", crafted gear has sometimes been useful but usually super niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Considering they were BoP it should be relatively obvious that they meant it for people actually using the profession. Sure they could have communicated it better, but this change isn't exactly surprising.
    Yes it is. Primarily because IT WASN'T THE CASE BEFORE.

There is no reasonable way that people should have expected it to be changed without it being mentioned. Losing 30 ilvls just because is fucking dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    hmm, I knew about that already, but if it wasn't in the patch notes, then thats a big fail on them and everyone has the right to be pissed.

Reading shit like this makes me feel at peace with my decision to unsubscribe.
    Profession 'revamp' is a dumpster fire.

Why is it a good change? All it does now is lock you into a profession which is shitty.

It's BoP anyway so it's not like you can sell it.

On topic. Stupid change and I saw no mention of it. Revert it or my Shaman is gonna lose levels because I switched out from Leatherworking/Skinning to Alchemy/Herbalism.
    I guess they aren't that shitty anymore

But yes, changing things of this nature without any warning is just wrong.

Deleted
    Blizzard is quickly becoming synonymous with sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    just classic blizz hating their players.
    I mean, I hate a lot of them too.

Gottem.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Yes it is. Primarily because IT WASN'T THE CASE BEFORE.

There is no reasonable way that people should have expected it to be changed without it being mentioned. Losing 30 ilvls just because is fucking dumb.
    I think any reasonable person would assume that they need to keep a profession to use a BoP item otherwise the crafted item wouldn't be BoP. People used this loophole and Blizzard closed it. It's not even that big of a deal to get back to 110 either.. but like I already said they could have communicated this better.

No economy? If you want to make money, pick one that makes money. If you want to make gear for alts, pick a gear crafter. Each one has it's uses, they aren't going to be 100% the same in every catagory.

I wanted to make money from professions, so I went herbalist and scribe. I made like 600k(chump change compared to some people) in a few weeks just buying/reselling/farming herbs and Darkmoon cards.

And sorry but WoW has always been a "dungeon looter", crafted gear has sometimes been useful but usually super niche.
    lol, not it wasn't. the professions had their uses.

The LW made armor kits.

BS made belt buckles and sharpening stones.

Clothies made spellthread.

In Vanilla, I made bank selling bullets and arrows as an engineer.

They used to actually matter in the economy.

Raiding was a niche piece of content and people literally spent hours doing anything that wasn't raiding for the first two iterations until 10 man raiding was a thing in Wrath.

And back then, gear was a means to an end. Now it is the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they were BoP it should be relatively obvious that they meant it for people actually using the profession. Sure they could have communicated it better, but this change isn't exactly surprising.
    God, apoliogists...

BoP does not equal 'must have profession'.

Before, items that required the profession... SAID so.

- - - Updated - - -

I think any reasonable person would assume that they need to keep a profession to use a BoP item otherwise the crafted item wouldn't be BoP.

THAT'S NOT WHAT BOP MEANS.

Fuck, people, take the Blizzard out of your mouths. BoP just means it's bound to the character, NOTHING else. Crafted items that required the matching profession have always indicated that in the item text, e.g. "Requires Tailoring 1" or if it required a level "Requires Tailoring 300" etc. These didn't so there was no reason to think you had to keep the profession.

This isn't the kind of thing you spring on people and it isn't a necessary change in any event. It's BoP, so who cares if you still have the matching profession? This is a pure jerk move if it's not a bug.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-12-12 at 01:29 AM.

I haven't crafted anything seriously since WotLK- and that was when I was transmuting gems for ludicrous amounts of gold during ToC.

Things like this is why. It's not relevant to the endgame. The only time I felt compelled to buy any "starter" crafted gear was to game the system by artificially inflating my gear score while they sit in my bags back in MoP.

I'm sure to the small percentage of people it's worth getting that extra gear score and stats. To me, professions may as well not exist.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the year of our Lord 2018... Where people are aghast that profession specific BoP items require the profession for which they are crafted from.

Uh what items out of curiosity?

Not calling you a liar god no just curious.

And imo it shouldn't have happened. My Shamans my only toon on his server because I wanted to play with friends. I went Alchemy after making 370 stuff so I could provide my friends guild with Flasks/Pots.

End of the day I rightfully earned them 370 boots. After farming the Sanguicells, Explusom and Hydrocores.
    How about EVERY engineering head peice.. in the history of ever.

A better way to think about it is each profession has something that is meant to be unique to that profession. Enchanters get special enchant, Alchemists get increased effect/duration on flasks, Tailoring/BS/LW get BoP items. The fact that it took a few months for them to correct this doesn't mean the playerbase has a leg to stand on for what amounts to exploiting a function of a game element.

The players who vapidly complaining need to sit down and be glad that they didn't just take the items out of your character/inventory.
    "When you build it, you love it!"