Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Lmao. Im not the only one who can see Nathanos became a self insert when he got his new body. Even in the short story, Nathanos thought Slyvanus was going to leave his farm but she was actually the one chasing after him. That is straight up self insert shit. And now he acts like a beta cuck and obeys her every command.
    Oh i see its about "man lisens to woman" thing. Ok move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh i see its about "man lisens to woman" thing. Ok move along.
    Nah. It's about how Danuser literally wrote it so that Slyvanus was craving farmer boy Nathanos' dick. What does that add to the story? Nothing. Lmao.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. It's about how Danuser literally wrote it so that Slyvanus was craving Nathanos' dick. What does that add to the story? Lmao.
    But that was part of the story long before danuser ? Also, im still not sure how would any of that make him "cuck".

Anyone, who STILL doubts the fact that Nathanos became the worst self-insert of all time during legion, is either an idiot or doesn't pay attention.
    Dude was so amazing in life, he got a position that wasn't for humans, just because he was so fcking amazing, plus he was fucking sylavanas.
    Once he's dead, sylvanas comes to his aid, then proceeds to sacrifice one of her oh-so-important valkyr, to give him his hot looks back (he is too cool to really feel anything about their love anymore tho, so she is the one who is chasing him ofc lmao), he is fighting with the likes of night warrior tyrande and doesn't get roflstomped, and every racial horde leader is basically his bitch.

This just confirmed what was pretty obvious anywayy: https://imgur.com/FX4poT6
    Last edited by Houle; 2018-12-12 at 12:21 PM.

But that was part of the story long before danuser ? Also, im still not sure how would any of that make him "cuck".
    Nah. It was thought she simply respected his skills as a marksman. I don't recall anything about her wanting to fuck him being made canon. Only fan theories about her and Koltira.

Knaak may not have been a great writer, but he was still better than whatever we have now. For all their OP, shonen anime backstories and powerlevels, the characters never acted OOC from the races they were portraying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. It was thought she simply respected his skills as a marksman. I don't recall anything about her wanting to fuck him being made canon. Only fan theories about her and Koltira.
    Well its not like you have the best knowledge of lore do you ?

Christie Golden hijacked her own RP Character into the game, some female warlock. She needs to die too, just like Krasus and Rhonin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Christie Golden hijacked her own RP Character into the game, some female warlock. She needs to die too, just like Krasus and Rhonin.
    Eh, isn't that character just easter egg ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hasn't Nathanos been pretty much like this since Vanilla? Apart from the whole having skin thing.
    Yes, he has been like that since forever. One of the devs responsible for him had some fun on Twitter and the more brilliant part of the Alliance posters stuck to that fact like used gum to a shoe, because creating conspiracy bullshit is one of their favorite past time activities. Deliberately ignoring that the dev in question is also involved in some key developments in BfA for Alliance characters like Jaina. Or the thing you mentioned, i.e. Nathanos being the same person he has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    >Nathanos is a self-insert
    >Thrall isn't
    The absolute state of bitching on this forum. Though the thing that gets me is how the hell is Turalyon a self-insert.
    Yeah, Thrall is like the poster child of Warcarft self inserts. Together with Rhonin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yes, he has been like that since forever. One of the devs responsible for him had some fun on Twitter and the more brilliant part of the Alliance posters stuck to that fact like used gum to a shoe, because creating conspiracy bullshit is one of their favorite past time activities. Deliberately ignoring that the dev in question is also involved in some key developments in BfA for Alliance characters like Jaina. Or the thing you mentioned, i.e. Nathanos being the same person he has always been.

Yeah, Thrall is like the poster child of Warcarft self inserts. Together with Rhonin.
    Thrall was the first protagonist introduced in Warcraft 3. Can't really hate him for this. Still mad about the Cancelled adventure game.

Well its not like you have the best knowledge of lore do you ?
    Do you mind providing a source to your claim, lore officer?

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Thrall was the first protagonist introduced in Warcraft 3. Can't really hate him for this. Still mad about the Cancelled adventure game.
    Well, to be specific, it's the abomination called Go'el that was the self-insert. Non-Go'el Thrall was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Knaak may not have been a great writer, but he was still better than whatever we have now. For all their OP, shonen anime backstories and powerlevels, the characters never acted OOC from the races they were portraying.
    So you're saying that fawning over the first human you meet is in character for Elves? Or that raptor mastery is a human specialty?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mind providing a source to your claim, lore officer?
    Like all his lore prior to BFA ?

Like all his lore prior to BFA ?
    Like that's vague as fuck. Where is it written in canon prior to Dark Mirror, Slyvanus wanting to sleep with Nathanos?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hasn't Nathanos been pretty much like this since Vanilla? Apart from the whole having skin thing.

Hard to see how he's a self insert character by anyone.
    Because some guy at Blizzard is a Nathanos fan who posts in self-aware "role play" as the character on his Twitter, so that means OMFG OBVOSLY SELF INERT121111111 because WoW players are kneejerking retards who jump at every shadow.

Well, to be specific, it's the abomination called Go'el that was the self-insert. Non-Go'el Thrall was OK.
    Self insert of who? Metzen? Metzen wasn't writing the game during Cataclysm, and had nothing to do with the name "Go'el", that was entirely Golden's handiwork.

Try, try and try again, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Anyone, who STILL doubts the fact that Nathanos became the worst self-insert of all time during legion, is either an idiot or doesn't pay attention.
    Dude was so amazing in life, he got a position that wasn't for humans, just because he was so fcking amazing, plus he was fucking sylavanas.
    Once he's dead, sylvanas comes to his aid, then proceeds to sacrifice one of her oh-so-important valkyr, to give him his hot looks back (he is too cool to really feel anything about their love anymore tho, so she is the one who is chasing him ofc lmao), he is fighting with the likes of night warrior tyrande and doesn't get roflstomped, and every racial horde leader is basically his bitch.
    Sylvanas didn't sacrifice a Val'kyr to remake Nathanos. It was weakened, but it was still alive. And what of him fighting with Night Warrior Tyrande? We have no other Night Warriors to compare it to and Tyrande herself, when Elune wasn't shielding her ass, was almost killed by random Orc archers or running water.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Self insert of who? Metzen? Metzen wasn't writing the game during Cataclysm, and had nothing to do with the name "Go'el", that was entirely Golden's handiwork.

Try, try and try again, I guess.
    Metzen was writing the game as late as some earlier parts of BfA. So you try, try and try again. Also, any source for Go'el being Golden's handiwork? Because at that time she was only a hired writer that wrote what Blizzard told her to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post

This just confirmed what was pretty obvious anywayy: https://imgur.com/FX4poT6
    Quit the whining.

Yes, Nathanos became a bit of a groany overpowered character in his backstory. But guess what? Literally every single fucking important lore character is a groany overpowered character in their backstory. Is Illidan a self-insert of someone because he was DA BEST MAGE EVRR11111? Is Malfurion now a self-insert because he was so naturally skilled at Druidism that it made Cenarius horny?

What about Varian Wrynn? He was just some dude who washed up on a shore and was such a naturally powerful and skilled gladiator that he 1v1's Onyxia.

So no, a character being strong (even naturally powerful) in the WoWverse is not a sign of them being a Mary Sue, it's a sign of them being a character in a DBZ-tier storyverse.

By the by, kiddo, Nathanos doesn't fight on par with Tyrande and he's only able to barely hold her off while using the powers of two(?) Val'kyr. In Legion, Nathanos got literally almost ripped to pieces by Greymane, who is arguably one of the weaker of the 'main' characters. Greymane is literally just a normal ass man/normal ass worgen with no exterior skills or powers and he ripped Nathanos up so badly that Forsaken NPCs made comments about how Nathanos was now 'even uglier' than before.

Poor little guy. It must be so devastating to have your hate fantasy ruined like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Metzen was writing the game as late as some earlier parts of BfA. So you try, try and try again.
    He was not writing Cataclysm. I can't be assed to find the specific quote, but Metzen wasn't working on Cataclysm. He had very little to do with it. Alex Asfiriricidbebairbi(spelling?) was the lead writer on Cataclysm, which is why we had hiccups like the whole Garrosh 'honor speech' thing.

You suck ass at this, lol.