Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I am not going to waste time on someone who hasn't bothered reading the thread, please keep your opinions to yourself.
    Then stop replying to him. Stop "wasting your time". Simple. And, seriously, did you just say "keep your opinions to yourself" in a forum?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I am not going to waste time on someone who hasn't bothered reading the thread, please keep your opinions to yourself.
    Wow, you really seem triggered today, what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So it's insane because you think vegans should just eat animal products. Got it.
    Anyone can eat what they want, businesses should be able to serve what they want.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    Until the same whiney cunts come and whinge that the food was prepared with the same bench and knives the meat was and how that's personally villifying there choices
    1.) They would never know that.

2.) You're already required, by food safety laws, to use different (or clean) knives for preparing vegetables and meat, including different cutting boards.

You don't know what you're talking about. Try again.

Deleted
    Just mark all pork food as vegan, kosher and halal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    They also aren't required to sell food, if you want to get technical. So your logic here isn't really adding up.

Secondly, it says movie theaters and large-scale entertainment venues... Which is what I am referencing. Again, my solution solves an ACTUAL problem, this law creates problems instead of solving them.
    Name one airport or zoo you've been in that doesn't offer refreshments. Just one.

if you can't maybe admit that you're being intentionally obtuse in the fact of perhaps being a tad introspective and realizing you're overreacting.

You solution does nothing but pander to the idea that businesses shouldn't have to consider consumers. if you're a business related to serving the public your business should cater to all members of the public. If you think offering a tofu dog AND a hotdog at a movie theatre is going to be a life changing requirement, you're part of the part of society we need to start decreasing.

So wouldn't the actual solution to be making a law against banning outside food in public places like this?

No?

Too simple?
    Jesus Fucking Christ, Boomzy.

Your brilliant (read: fucking retarded) solution to simply make a law unbanning outside food is WAY MORE overreaching than requiring these places to just serve one fucking protein vegan option. Now instead of just stocking up on a single vegan protein bar, movie theaters are instead watching as patrons bring in all their own snacks and food, leaving big messes to clean up after a bunch of assholes eat Taco Bell and shit in the theater. Oh, not to mention that the theater quickly goes out of business because movie theaters make literally all of their profit off of concession sales and not movie tickets.

Throw your computer away and do us all a favor already.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    The airport isn't a private business. The zoo isn't a private business. These are public locations that do not fall into the 'if you don't like it don't eat here' ideology that is perfectly fine. This is not trying to get steakhouses to served sauteed tofu, and almost everyone in this thread is acting as such....because if a day goes by where MMOC doesn't overreact to a nonissue it might get deleted from the internet...or something.
    But the restaurants that are in the airport are private businesses. And movie theaters aren't private business?

And why vegan? Why not Keto? Or GF?

If you don't think this is a big deal, stop responding to the posts. It is a big deal, because we have a legislative body requiring private companies to provide menu items for no specific reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    What reaction level do you think I'm at right now? I don't own a business, I don't live in California, and I'm not a vegan. I couldn't possibly be more detached from caring about this.
    and yet you've got at least 10 comments in a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Then stop replying to him. Stop "wasting your time". Simple. And, seriously, did you just say "keep your opinions to yourself" in a forum?
    You're doing the thing you're accusing me of. You like just like to argue, you must be fun at parties.

Yeah, I want movie theaters to die and they should, because that isn't a sustainable business for the reasons you just outlined rofl. Also movie theaters just suck.
    No one cares what you want, Boomzy.

But funny enough, you do not condone a legislation that would force businesses to carry one protein vegan option, yet you desire a legislation that would kill an entire industry because you personally don't like it.

Why haven't I added you to ignore yet? Let me fix that.

I don't think the law should be able to dictate something like this. I think having those options on the menu makes sense though, based on the number of people who have/ use those dietary restrictions, but the law shouldn't REQUIRE anyone to do something like this.

california is a shithole state so there's no surprise really

I'm still waiting to get answer would it be ok then for restaurant to have 3+ kitchens because of religious believes. Like for Hindu one separate kitchen because they don't eat beef, for Muslim cause of pork, then regular one, then one for Vegans and so on.....

Good, as they should be.

In hospitals too.

The latest in evidence based nutrition shows disease reversal in cases of severe cardiovascular disease such as atherosclerosis thanks to plant-based diets.

Glad we're moving in the correct direction Science and plants for the win.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I can't even tell what your point is. If they "already exist", then why require them? If they don't, then again, why do we need to FORCE restaurants to provide them? There is no logical reason this diet fad should be REQUIRED while others shouldn't.
    If you actually read the article, this does not affect privately owned restaurants as a proposal. It only affects public venues, and places that otherwise will not allow you to bring in food from outside into their venue (ballparks, theaters, etc). It's hardly forcing anyone to do anything. And I'd wager that it's better for these venues, in order to sell more food, to more people.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    If you actually read the article, this does not affect privately owned restaurants as a proposal. It only affects public venues, and places that otherwise will not allow you to bring in food from outside into their venue (ballparks, theaters, etc). It's hardly forcing anyone to do anything. And I'd wager that it's better for these venues, in order to sell more food, to more people.
    Lol, speaking of actually reading the article.

It does affect privately owned companies - i.e. theaters and other businesses. It's PRECISELY forcing someone to do something. That's exactly what the law requires.

Real question: who is going to be enforcing this?

I really don't have an issue with a law that requires, let's call them, enclosed venues to provide a place for eccentric menu items.

Although I'm curious, say if the law includes movie theatres to provide vegan items, and they didn't, what would be the legality of fining them? Vegans aren't a protected class, it's a diet choice, it's not like breaching a law like this would go against the Ada.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Good, as they should be.

In hospitals too.

The latest in evidence based nutrition shows disease reversal in cases of severe cardiovascular disease such as atherosclerosis thanks to plant-based diets.

Glad we're moving in the correct direction Science and plants for the win.
    Cite? Because there are plenty of other fad diets out there that are nutritional. Why aren't those also required to have menu options?

Edit: we're looking for a cite that says the vegan diet is better than all the other fad diets - i.e. the best, or something similar.
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-12-12 at 05:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say "Wow you can count" but just for fun I went and counted and I haven't even hit 10 yet, so you can't even do that.

Yikes.
    and yet you're going to continue to not care until you hit that number.

yikes

- - - Updated - - -

But the restaurants that are in the airport are private businesses. And movie theaters aren't private business?

If you don't think this is a big deal, stop responding to the posts. It is a big deal, because we have a legislative body requiring private companies to provide menu items for no specific reason.
    But the restaurants that are in the airport are private businesses. And movie theaters aren't a private business?

The price of those private businesses operating in California's public-tax-payer-funded airport is having to comply with a law that will cause no grief to anyone? How terrible. They could always chose to remove their business from this space if they don't want to make it inclusive to all people -- after why should they get to benefit from having a location in a highly traveled location if they have no interest in making their services availble to all who frequent it?

As for movie theatres they are private businesses technically, but they offer an exclusive service available to the entire public. Idk why this is so complicated.