Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    The price of those private businesses operating in California's public-tax-payer-funded airport is having to comply with a law that will cause no grief to anyone? How terrible. They could always chose to remove their business from this space if they don't want to make it inclusive to all people -- after why should they get to benefit from having a location in a highly traveled location if they have no interest in making their services availble to all who frequent it?

As for movie theatres they are private businesses technically, but they offer an exclusive service available to the entire public. Idk why this is so complicated.
    It's actually not complicated, as long as we agree that movie theaters are private businesses. So the law is forcing PRIVATE businesses to provide menu items.

And there services are available to everyone. What you're arguing is that they should provide a menu item for every fad diet out there. Do you see the difference?

Then we can talk about the fact that you're not addressing the real issue, why vegan and not every other fad diet? Why is vegan being forced on businesses and not Keto? Or Paleo?
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-12-12 at 05:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's actually not complicated, as long as we agree that movie theaters are private businesses. So the law is forcing PRIVATE businesses to provide menu items.

After we get past there - we can talk about the fact that you're not addressing the real issue, why vegan and not every other fad diet? Why is vegan being forced on businesses and not Keto? Or Paleo?
    I'm sorry I skimmed over that. GF -- popcorn is GF, got it at movie theatres. As long as there is a dish that doesn't have bread at restaurants, they also have it. The keto diet is just anything cave men could've eaten, essentially. so meat.

So which one doesn't get catered to, exactly?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry I skimmed over that. GF -- popcorn is GF, got it at movie theatres. As long as there is a dish that doesn't have bread at restaurants, they also have it. The keto diet is just anything cave men could've eaten, essentially. so meat.

So which one doesn't get catered to, exactly?
    I edited the shit out of my response to you, my bad.

Here is the issue:

Veganism is a fad diet, just like a litany of others. If private businesses should be forced to provide vegan options, then they should be forced to provide options for every other fad diet. If they aren't required to do that, then why just vegan?

And shouldn't vegan and vegetarian restaurants be required to provide an animal protein option? And shouldn't GF restaurants (restaurants that have never had gluten in their facility - they exist, not kidding, kinda cool for Celiacs) then be required to provide a gluten option?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Forced Kosher. Nope.

7+ Year Old Account
    I edited the shit out of my response to you, my bad.

Here is the issue:

Veganism is a fad diet, just like a litany of others. If private businesses should be forced to provide vegan options, then they should be forced to provide options for every other fad diet. If they aren't required to do that, then why just vegan?

And shouldn't vegan and vegetarian restaurants be required to provide an animal protein option? And shouldn't GF restaurants (restaurants that have never had gluten in their facility - they exist, not kidding, kinda cool for Celiacs) then be required to provide a gluten option?

Do you see where I'm going with this?
    Where your going has never been the problem. It being wrong is the problem. All fad diets DO get catered to, which is why I asked you to provide an example of one you think isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So it's insane because you think vegans should just eat animal products. Got it.
    Should vegan restaurants be required to offer meat products?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where your going has never been the problem. It being wrong is the problem. All fad diets DO get catered to, which is why I asked you to provide an example of one you think isn't.
    No they don't. That is completely false. None of the other fad diets have legislation requiring that they be provided for. Period. That's the entire point. So why does vegan get special treatment? Why not Gluten Free (for Celiacs) or Nut-Free?

I was trying to say I would join you in your mission against the vegans. What do you mean by the smell?

The regulation is insane, for like three separate policy and logic categorical reasons.
    The smell is awful and sticky, that’s really the only way I can describe it. Maybe it’s not from the food but some other vegan lifestyle choice

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeinHammer View Post
    Should vegan restaurants be required to offer meat products?
    Exactly. The proposed legislation is ridiculous.

No they don't. That is completely false. None of the other fad diets have legislation requiring that they be provided for. Period. That's the entire point. So why does vegan get special treatment? Why not Gluten Free (for Celiacs) or Nut-Free?
    Or a diabetic menu required in every restaurant...that one would actually be one of the most useful additions, as it affects an enormous amount of people. It is also not a fad diet by any means. You've got a point there.

7+ Year Old Account
    because these get naturally taken care of? I have worked in restaurants for close to 8 years before moving into my adult profession, and there are protections for these things. You have to guarantee you can accomodate for allergies, such as having separate grills for fish and other meats.

having a non peanut oil frier. You complaining "well why dont this happen hurr durr" about things that do happens...lol

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Or a diabetic menu required in every restaurant...that one would actually be one of the most useful additions, as it affects an enormous amount of people. It is also not a fad diet by any means. You've got a point there.
    Exactly. And really good point, too.

(this is for others, not you)

The fact is this legislation is arbitrary and capricious, and pushes one fad diet over another, for no logical reason. Moreover, it sets a precedent wherein all public venues must have at least one fad diet option offered.

I said it before, and the point is still entire valid. It's insane. Where are you @Vegas82?

- - - Updated - - -

because these get naturally taken care of?
    But not all of them. And they aren't legislated. And what about the fad diets that aren't taken care of? And do vegan restaurants have to include an animal protein option? Do you see what I mean?

I have worked in restaurants for close to 8 years before moving into my adult profession, and there are protections for these things. You have to guarantee you can accomodate for allergies, such as having separate grills for fish and other meats.
    No you do not. That is false. Restaurants are under no legal requirement to protect for allergies.
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-12-12 at 06:38 PM.

The law is rather silly. But on the other hand the only place of the ones listed that serves real food is an airport restaurant. When it comes to cinemas and whatnot, a carrot on a stick already blows their current food out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'll try to contain my tears.
    How are you holding up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    No you do not. That is false. Restaurants are under no legal requirement to protect for allergies.
    Panera bread right now is facing a peanut butter lawsuit my dude. Google it. These things already happen, and you're trying to act like they don't because you don't wanna admit your ignorance about it. it's all it is.

btw you're definitley over 10 comments now for something you don't care about.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Panera bread right now is facing a peanut butter lawsuit my dude. Google it. These things already happen, and you're trying to act like they don't because you don't wanna admit your ignorance about it. it's all it is.
    Link the regulation that requires restaurants to do that please. A lawsuit is not a regulation. And please don't ask me to prove your point. I asked you to back a claim, and you mentioned something about me needing to look it up. If you have proof of your point, then link it. Show us the regulation.

btw you're definitley over 10 comments now for something you don't care about.
    Not sure where you read I didn't care about it. I do care. It's awful legislation. It's idiotic. It sets a horrific precedence.
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-12-12 at 06:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Link the regulation that requires restaurants to do that please. A lawsuit is not a regulation. And please don't ask me to prove your point. I asked you to back a claim, and you mentioned something about me needing to look it up. If you have proof of your point, then link it. Show us the regulation.

Not sure where you read I didn't care about it. I do care. It's awful legislation. It's idiotic. It sets a horrific precedence.
    I'm not suggesting that there are regulations. I told you it already happens -- and that you're legally liable if you don't adhere, which creates protections for consumers...and thus we've arrive at why your idea that 'well what about _____' doesn't work. Cus there aren't any 'fad diets' that that don't get accomodated.

The only precedent it sets is public venues being required to accommodate all...which could only sound horrible if you're the person already being accommodated.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not suggesting that there are regulations. I told you it already happens -- and that you're legally liable if you don't adhere, which creates protections for consumers...and thus we've arrive at why your idea that 'well what about _____' doesn't work. Cus there aren't any 'fad diets' that that don't get accomodated.
    And that is false. Please link any evidence of your claim. Asking me to look up something is disingenuous. It's your point and position, if you're right, prove it.

No fad diets are REQUIRED by legislation to be accommodated. That's the entire point here. Even if what you're saying about accommodation is true, it's still less than what the LA law is requiring - which is a legal requirement to accommodate a fad diet.

The only precedent it sets is public venues being required to accommodate all...which could only sound horrible if you're the person already being accommodated.
    So should all fad diets then be required, by law, to be accommodated? Vegan restaurants should provide a Keto option? And an animal meat protein option? And a Paleo option? Do you see where this could lead?
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-12-12 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Whats next... forced kosher/halal option for jews/muslims? Or non kosher/halal options at a place that only offers kosher/halal food? This is a joke right .
    Yeah it's a slippery slope into forcing everything on every menu. Fuck this, really hope it gets shot down or that can spread across the country.

If you have a super specific diet, you should be making your own food or going to places that cater to you, not forcing everyone else to cater to your needs. You don't see people forcing every place of worship to allow all religions. You don't see the LGBT community forcing every place to get married to allow gays to get married there (we just wanted it to be legalized). You don't see anyone forcing square pegs into round holes. Why is it happening with this?

PS: The poster above me also has the right idea. 100% agreed with them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Good, as they should be.

In hospitals too.

The latest in evidence based nutrition shows disease reversal in cases of severe cardiovascular disease such as atherosclerosis thanks to plant-based diets.

Glad we're moving in the correct direction Science and plants for the win.
    Let's not overstate what happened there though. I know it's somewhat of a semantic argument, but for full disclosure I think the distinction needs to be made.

Some "plants" (catch all term) contain the good kinds of fat that help keep arteries clean, eating those in the right amounts will make sure you don't end up with cardiovascular related health issues caused by clogged arteries. Obviously switching to a plant based diet will increase your intake of those and therefore reverse the effects of a bad diet. But you don't need to switch to a completely plant based diet in order to get the same benefits or see the same results, you just have to control what you eat and make sure you're eating the right things, and the right amount of certain things.

That's why vegans and are generally healthier, it's not just because of their diet, it's because of how mindful they are of what they put in their body.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Venues are free to serve whatever food they wish. Fuck vegans any the horses they ride in on anyway.