Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde have essentially had a free 10% buff to Azerite and gold (lol) so far... So no, I don't feel bad, or even care about their perceived plight. If enough of them quit Warmode, it'll suppress the Alliance bonus back toward 10% and remove the bonus quest and things will eventually find some kind of equilibrium, even if it's an equilibrium that shifts back and forth a bit.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The change makes perfect sense, and it's not clear why Blizzard didn't have this in place to begin with.

Leave it to the community to not be intelligent enough to understand how it works, though. I'm not surprised.

Perhaps this may not be needed, but the buff should gradually increase until the sides are balanced.

I say this as someone that would never turn on Warmode -- ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Horde have essentially had a free 10% buff to Azerite and gold (lol) so far... So no, I don't feel bad, or even care about their perceived plight. If enough of them quit Warmode, it'll suppress the Alliance bonus back toward 10% and remove the bonus quest and things will eventually find some kind of equilibrium, even if it's an equilibrium that shifts back and forth a bit.
    Bullshit.

Both factions had the 10% buff. The Alliance refused to play any more cause they thought it wasn't fair, cause... Horde Bias, etc, so you had some annoying assholes crying over the chat about it. Now the Horde does the same. The only difference is that they have a point when they say it's unfair. No matter how bad shit gets for the Horde, they still won't be able to get the extra 370 item via a quest that is exclusive to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    My opinion? Hummmmm....is a strange change and is not fair......but what else could be done?
    Any better ideas?
    It should scan the amount of players available out there in the world with warmode on and adjust the bonus depending on the discrepency. Just like the call to arm bonus for heroic LFD queue. It checks what is available and if tanks are missing only tanks get a bonus until there's enough tanks so the bonus is removed.

Applying a flat permanent bonus to make up for something that changes all the time makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It should scan the amount of players available out there in the world with warmode on and adjust the bonus depending on the discrepency. Just like the call to arm bonus for heroic LFD queue. It checks what is available and if tanks are missing only tanks get a bonus until there's enough tanks so the bonus is removed.

Applying a flat permanent bonus to make up for something that changes all the time makes no sense.
    That would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The change makes perfect sense, and it's not clear why Blizzard didn't have this in place to begin with.

Leave it to the community to not be intelligent enough to understand how it works, though. I'm not surprised.

Perhaps this may not be needed, but the buff should gradually increase until the sides are balanced.

I say this as someone that would never turn on Warmode -- ever.
    The value of the buff resets every week and is based off the imbalance the week before. If a faction decides not to participate for one week then the buff the following week will reflect that. It's not something that happens in real time. It will never balance out because people will choose to avoid using war mode when the buff isn't at 30% for their faction.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still have this turned off, with exception of invasions when I will turn it on just for fun. I think War Mode should offer some stuff exclusive for that mode, casual players are drowning in AP/resources anyway.

Deleted
    The famous Azerite quest in Drustvar was a total roflstomp by Alliance today.

I guess Horde gave up

Meh, let me know when the alliance buff reaches 10000% more increased gold per World Quest and maybe it'll be worth turning on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Bullshit.

Both factions had the 10% buff. The Alliance refused to play any more cause they thought it wasn't fair, cause... Horde Bias, etc, so you had some annoying assholes crying over the chat about it. Now the Horde does the same. The only difference is that they have a point when they say it's unfair. No matter how bad shit gets for the Horde, they still won't be able to get the extra 370 item via a quest that is exclusive to the Alliance.
    Dry your tears. 370 is old news.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Bullshit.

It wasn't fair.
    It was heavily outnumbered in favor of the Horde.

I say this as someone who's been playing in War mode on BOTH factions. A few things that I've noticed, as a personal view

1) There's far more "Alliance Slayers" on the Horde than there are "Horde Slayers" on the Horde. This is just my own anecdotal point.
    2) Again, as above, I always see more bounty targets on the Alliance than I do while I go around on my Horde toon. Usually in a raid group of Horde too.

I mean, you're basically admitting your own point here.

"No matter how bad shit gets for the Horde, they still won't be able to get the extra 370 item via a quest that is exclusive to the Alliance."

This is ONLY because the Alliance will ALWAYS be outnumbered in war mode. They will always have the disadvantage. Which is what the "unfair" part is about, but apparently when Alliance complains about being outnumbered and camped so they can't even do anything to use the 10% buff (aka - the Horde has a free 10% buff because the chances they walk into an Alliance group is slim to none), that's just being annoying.

But the Horde complains about the Alliance getting a weekly random 370 after suffering through trying to survive long enough to kill 25 Horde while being outnumbered, and it's only a 370 which is pretty useless at this point anyway, but that's justifiable?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Sure we could. And then got stomped in a 40 vs 1.
    Because too many Alliance players opted out. If instead of opting out you gathered up some friends you could have a fair fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post

That's what it should do and what I thought it DID do, but it certainly doesn't seem to.

I'm on a server that's 3-1 in favor of alliance and the shards I ended up on this morning were a swamp of alliance players ganking any horde that tried to do the invasion. Generally it's felt pretty balanced on my realm before this week, now it's a clusterfuck.

Really don't understand why it doesn't scale dynamically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Alliance could use Warmode any time they wanted to. Not the Horde's fault they opt out at the first sign of danger.
    I main a horde on Zul'Jin and had no issues levelling other than the odd alliance group killing me. So last week decided to use my boost to level an alliance alt and boom I couldnt even play the game especially where there are world quests going on. I literally couldn't kill one NPC before being pumped by 4-5 horde players. Sure I could turn it on and reap the reward but actually it took me longer to complete questing so I turned if off.

In my opinion this buff is justified, have to play on both sides to understand, just like the old saying walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge them.
    “Without data, you're just another person with an opinion.” - William Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It wasn't fair.

I say this as someone who's been playing in War mode on BOTH factions. A few things that I've noticed, as a personal view

1) There's far more "Alliance Slayers" on the Horde than there are "Horde Slayers" on the Horde. This is just my own anecdotal point.
    2) Again, as above, I always see more bounty targets on the Alliance than I do while I go around on my Horde toon. Usually in a raid group of Horde too.

"No matter how bad shit gets for the Horde, they still won't be able to get the extra 370 item via a quest that is exclusive to the Alliance."

This is ONLY because the Alliance will ALWAYS be outnumbered in war mode. They will always have the disadvantage. Which is what the "unfair" part is about, but apparently when Alliance complains about being outnumbered and camped so they can't even do anything to use the 10% buff (aka - the Horde has a free 10% buff because the chances they walk into an Alliance group is slim to none), that's just being annoying.

But the Horde complains about the Alliance getting a weekly random 370 after suffering through trying to survive long enough to kill 25 Horde while being outnumbered, and it's only a 370 which is pretty useless at this point anyway, but that's justifiable?
    And why was one faction heavily outnumbered? Because of the general mentality that there's bias or something equally stupid. So considering both faction had the same incentive to turn on Warmode made it fair. Now one faction has a bigger incentive than the other will ever get. That is not fair. Remains to be seen if it's required to make the shitshow that is Warmode work, but it's still not fair.

Let's cut the shit about fairness, please. At this point, nobody is being fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    That's what it should do and what I thought it DID do, but it certainly doesn't seem to.

I'm on a server that's 3-1 in favor of alliance and the shards I ended up on this morning were a swamp of alliance players ganking any horde that tried to do the invasion. Generally it's felt pretty balanced on my realm before this week, now it's a clusterfuck.

Really don't understand why it doesn't scale dynamically.
    I don't think realms play any role in this. I'm on a 10/1 alliance favored realm or something like that, when I went out before 8.1 it was me vs 50 horde of ONLY different realms. Now it seems there's a lot more alliance but I see people from all over the place. Realms are just an excuse for guilds and Mythic raiding progression I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Warmode buff was a damn stupid idea to drag more PvE players into that PvP hellhole.

Go back to PvE and PvP servers for crying out loud.
    Just remove any rewards to warmode and put everyone on one zone that's flagged. Easy way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It wasn't fair.

No faction is heavily outnumbered based on actual numbers of the active players, the problem is blizzard tech not zoning in players equally.

And why was one faction heavily outnumbered?
    Um because the majority of players are Horde? Look at the Uldir Hall of Fame for example, 11 Alliance guilds killed G'huun in the time it took 109 Horde guilds to do so.

Last night a pack of Alliance prevented me from completing my "Final Foothold" quest because they were just sitting in krazzlefrazz outpost. I enjoyed it! (the second my cutscene ended I was MOBBED and died in seconds). It was funny.

Not sure why alliance bitch instead of, I don't know, team up.

This is like complaining that your office environment is no fun and then you put your headphones on and speak to no one for the entire day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Jeha, Horde had literally free 10% to everything without ever getting in Danger (at least in BFA Zones), and now, when the Aliiance, who alsmost got nothing in BFA except a big middle finger all the time and wasn't able to use Warmode, get something....The Horde starts bi******* around.

Hilarious!
    You're kidding right..? The horde are playing with the base benefit of warmode... alliance get x3 because... they won't turn it on. So now the alliance is getting far more out of it than horde gets.