Arrow Azerite 'Catchup' Mechanic on Pause Until Jan 22nd, 2019

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...14797392359424

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The intent of increasing Azerite Knowledge was to provide assistance to catch up and unlock Season 1 Azerite powers. It’s now at a level that does so, and will resume increasing when Season 2 Azerite items begin appearing on January 22.
    Thank god for this. I was worried that I'd have an incentive to play WoW during my copious amounts of free time while Uncle Bob slept off the egg nog he put in his bourbon.

To be clear, the mechanic is still in effect, but it won't continue to grow until Jan 22nd. The upper echelons of ring unlocking (re: 385 Azerite) will still be a slog until it becomes invalid.

Rings - Levels:

1 - 30

2 - 33

3 - 38

4 - 43
    Last edited by Mazinger-Z; 2018-12-12 at 07:34 PM.

Does anyone know how many points it takes now to go from level 1 to 33?

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    level 30 takes 7k AP only, so do your maffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with that, but i find it problematic that they dind't let us know before.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I'm fine with that, but i find it problematic that they dind't let us know before.
    You may not stay up to date with the patch notes, but we knew a few weeks ago that the new rings would not be on the gear with the patch that came on the 11th, and that they would be there at the start of season 2 with the new pvp season and raid. Do not hold the azerite currency, the prices are going to go up drastically, 385 costs 165 now, the top end will be 1200ish ( dont remember the exact number off the top of my head )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    You may not stay up to date with the patch notes, but we knew a few weeks ago that the new rings would not be on the gear with the patch that came on the 11th, and that they would be there at the start of season 2 with the new pvp season and raid. Do not hold the azerite currency, the prices are going to go up drastically, 385 costs 165 now, the top end will be 1200ish ( dont remember the exact number off the top of my head )
    I knew that, but there was never any mention of the catch up mechanic being put on hold until season 2

Atleast in legion you had a clear cap of what level you could reach and with new content it was increased. They brought this problem on themselfs. Being able to farm to endless level sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Your current level cap always represents ~23% of what you would need from 1 to your current, respectively 30% of what you had to grind to get to the previous level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Atleast in legion you had a clear cap of what level you could reach and with new content it was increased. They brought this problem on themselfs. Being able to farm to endless level sucks.
    It's like mom pulling the plug right before she says: "It's time to go to bed."
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2018-12-12 at 08:17 PM.