Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Your Average wow player in a nutshell basically
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah, pretty much, average wow player.
    Outside of making it a "free for all" or giving players the ability to jump to the other faction in Warmode. I don't see how anything less was going to get people to use the feature. Not only that but unless this is an every day/week quest I don't really see people continuing to keep it on after the fact..

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Most still wont turn it on because +30% rewards on doing WQs isn't that overly enticing.
    I know I still haven't bothered to turn it back on since I hit 120..

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Dominant according to who? According to realmpop the Alliance is dominating right now on both EU and US realms.

PVE progress seems to have a positive impact on the Alliance if realmpop is accurate.

And at the moment the most powerful racials belong to the Alliance.

I'm taking into consideration everything I see. And what I see is a lot of people claiming the Horde got "free stuff" before this patch which is not true, there was no exclusive reward for the Horde. There is one now for the Alliance however. The incentive was identical on both sides. However, for some reason, one didn't want to play any more and it had to be bribed and the ONLY reason I'm seeing here is that the Horde has better PVE progress and nothing, absolutely nothing else.

So, for the third time, how do you argue with that?

Hell it makes more sense now since it seems that the Hordes are plotting to remove themselves from Warmode just to get the bonus next week.
    Realmpop is not accurate; Realmpop shows total characters, not active characters, I'd generally suggest using wowprogress to get a better idea of active player base.

Hence why US alone is made up of 24million toons.

Horde got the +10% for free since BFA launch, as there was no risk to run it vs Alliance which is tripled the time to do WQs since as soon as you arrived you were swamped by players.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought blizzard retrod the stuff people got from that exploit?
    Not for the honor levels for some insane reason...
    I believe they just got a 3 day ban or something minor during the pre patch, considering what they got out of the deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes they are turning it off. /care. Getting ganked by 5+ better geared horde players ALL the time is not fun. I hope they all turn it off. More free stuff for me. And fun to pvp again in open world.

Your opinion is wrong and right. Is it unfair...yeah. But so is 1 faction have better racials and more players because of that. We did not hear people cry about having better racials.

What could have been done...blizzard could have listen to players feedback way before this. Its not new that the horde had better racials. Its freaking old news.
    You should first look at the reason to find a answer to the problem.

Why did alliance players not turn on warmode?!?! Because it was a gank fest. In the total of 2 hours i had it on. I think i got ganked sometimes 10 times or more per hour.
    Why are there more horde players: because they have had better racials for expansions now. So a lot of pve players went to the horde. ( seen whole guilds move). And they have more players now. So easier to get pvp players if the pool of people is larger.
    Why are there more horde players on alliance servers?: realm shards. so even if there are 10 times more alliance players on the server you have a big change to run into horde players.

The best fix is to late now. It was to balance the racials several expansions ago.
    Fixxes that might help:
    - Make the sharding WAY better.
    - make a level bound pvp. Most of the time its a x levels higher player that does 1 spell to kill me ( and other players).
    - make a debuff. So if there are 10 horde players and 5 alliance. make that the 5 of the alliance are ( number wise) as strong as the horde ( give a change).
    - find a way to make horde players go alliance . ( not much there for horde players right now: bad racials, bad lore, bad allied races etc etc etc)
    Its a very complicated thing...i dont have a perfect solution for it.

But i think people are giving too much importance to Horde and Alliance ratio.
    When ratio doesnt matter.....when you make a group yourself to kill Horde.

And ratio ALSO doesnt matter when you want to do 1v1's in the world.
    If you are smart, you play like a real life hunter.
    You wait for the person to finish the quest and disband (get away from the Horde Pack)
    AND THEN YOU STRIKE! At the right time, when he is alone.

So to be honest this solution is only good for people who want to do World Quests casually without worrying about the ratio.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    We'll see, I'll be very surprised if it works. If all Horde turn off war mode then alliance will dominate pvp, and then they'll have to give the horde an incentive to turn it on, and it'll be an endless cycle of this all expansion until they realize war mode sucks and say fuck it and come up with a new system for the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, see? It's pretty obvious.
    yes, thats the whole point, if the alliance outnumber the horde, then the horde will get the 30% and the 2quest for the 370, tharts the whole point...

- - - Updated - - -

Its not impossible if there are people already with the mount.
    Because they exploited or used the legion world quest exploit that was in for abit, but got massivly nerfed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Any PvEr who wants to keep up with the Azerite grind will need to toggle Warmode.

A 30% bonus is ridiculous good, especially for low level gankable characters.
    no they dont, they will farm islands and get far more.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The problem is that world PVP was dying all on its own, because PVP is shit in a game that's clearly -- and has always been -- PVE oriented.

And for some reason, Blizzard's genius idea to fix it was to remove PVP realms, put everyone on the same type of realm, and then make an even more convoluted form of the PVP flag. And, knowing that PVP in their game sucks beyond belief and the only way they can get people to do anything in their shitastic game is by offering rewards, they went an offered a reward.

Then, seeing that their genius idea wasn't so genius after all, their solution was... to make the offered rewards completely unbalanced and unfair. Because, again, offering rewards is the only way those pigheaded fuckheads know how to get anyone to do anything.

And of course now they -- and their sycophants -- are just milling around, scratching their heads, wondering why it didn't work out brilliantly and instantly.

But hey. They're "professional" game designers, which means they have all the answers. True story, yo. That Ph.D. they have in Advanced MMO Design from MIT -- which is totally a thing to some of their sycophants -- proves it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Horde players are basically whinging that Alliance got free stuff for once after years
    Let me share you something

This is happening IN EVERY SINGLE SHARD/SERVER Horde players are trying to finish the War Campaign, bam 2 raids of alliance players. Probably its the same raid who knows, but in the next 15 minutes i tried to change to diferent groups, everytime i change, diferent alliance characters killing Horde reaching the AFMOD G destination. So yeah...... under-represented faction... hahahaahhaahha
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2018-12-12 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Jeha, Horde had literally free 10% to everything without ever getting in Danger (at least in BFA Zones), and now, when the Aliiance, who alsmost got nothing in BFA except a big middle finger all the time and wasn't able to use Warmode, get something....The Horde starts bi******* around.

Hilarious!
    thats bs alliance have had 10% as well i been ganked a ton as horde

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to laugh when all these Horde quit and the Alli still get the bonus because the imbalance is that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    The problem is that world PVP was
    Watch the post below yours.

PvP has never been more alive than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Let me share you something

This is happening IN EVERY SINGLE SHARD/SERVER Horde players are trying to finish the War Campaign, bam 2 raids of alliance players. Probably its the same raid who knows, but in the next 15 minutes i tried to change to diferent groups, everytime i change, diferent alliance characters killing Horde reaching the AFMOD G destination. So yeah...... under-represented faction... hahahaahhaahha
    This happens to Alliance, except all the time, not just at aspecific location that sees high predictable volumes of the opposite faction.

You guys can't do your war campaign in warmode, we can't do anything. Big difference.

5+ Year Old Account
    Warmode is !@#$ed up, and has been since its inception. This kind of bandaids not only don't solve the issue, but rather exacerbate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Warmode buff was a damn stupid idea to drag more PvE players into that PvP hellhole.

Go back to PvE and PvP servers for crying out loud.
    The basic idea is more or less fine, since people who were stuck in a PvP server can now disable wPvP at will, and those who played on PvE servers could get their feet wet with some outdoors PvP. The problem started when Blizzard gave a PvE bonus to those with WM on and was further compounded when useful skills/talents, that alleviate somehow the brutal pruning for many specs, are now gated behind WM.

It's as usual with Blizz: neat ideas botched by horrible execution.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2018-12-12 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Is it?
    Yes, it is. Because at least we had something REAL to complain about, a.k.a being discriminated against. Now when things got a little bit more equal, horde are revealing themselves to be the 12yo edgelords they have always been, crying about no longer getting the preferential treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This happens to Alliance, except all the time, not just at aspecific location that sees high predictable volumes of the opposite faction.

You guys can't do your war campaign in warmode, we can't do anything. Big difference.
    Don't try bro, idiots won't understand anyway.
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2018-12-12 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Um because the majority of players are Horde? Look at the Uldir Hall of Fame for example, 11 Alliance guilds killed G'huun in the time it took 109 Horde guilds to do so.
    Uldir numbers mean jack more people don't raid then do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

But thats the problem, you see, i still se the Horde being way less in that shard, why the alliance is stil the underrepresented?

IMAGINE if the alliance were given the old Wintergrasp damage buff... ..

Blizzard tried to fix the "supposed" faction balance with band aids that dont help, its clearly that the imbalance between factions were the racials and now the big guilds. But now its seems they are making even bigger the problem.

Warmode bonus should have always been cosmetic or useful in pvp only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Sure we could. And then got stomped in a 40 vs 1.
    The shards balanced populations in real time. many times id get phased mid combat because the shard was getting re-balanced. so this is a blatant lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    Uldir numbers mean jack more people don't raid then do.
    Except it does, because it has a flow down affect.

Top end guilds go horde because bis racials etc.
    Mid ranked go to give themselves an edge/even playing field against similar ranked guilds.
    Lower ranked guilds do so because larger recruitment pools.
    Non raiders do so because friends are horde due to the above which trickles down.

A lot of the people that completely don't care about any of this and are very casual are not exactly the types who would be interested in switching on WM and slaying some horde for more Azerite power >.>

There's a reason that horde is the dominant faction whereas in the earlier days of wow it was Alliance.

It's naive to think that raiding doesn't play a part in this at all.
    That snapshot was just pointing out the massive imbalance from the PVE front, there are vastly more better players that float over to Horde than to the other side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Warmode bonus should have always been cosmetic or useful in pvp only.
    To be fair it's not that amazing to begin with.

You get an additional +20% reward for doing WQs. Whoo!
    So, a tiny bit more gold since they're already not worth doing.
    Azerite, which AK has plateaued so there's not much point bothering after hitting 33/34.
    War resources, lol

Personally I've pretty much stopped doing WQs as they're no longer worth it so don't see a need in switching on WM at all.

It's gone to shit already. Now the Horde are turning off pvp on my server and encouraging others to do the same out of spite. I'm gonna give it another week, but this isn't looking to bright.

To clarify, since I was confused at first too, the issue seems to be over a quest which rewards only Alliance players with a 370 item for killing Horde players.
    Who even cares about welfare epics? If it's under 385 it's just vendor trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Germs View Post
    The shards balanced populations in real time. many times id get phased mid combat because the shard was getting re-balanced. so this is a blatant lie.
    Of course we are liars, i mean...Every Alliance player who got roflstomped in the past just dreamed this!
    Sorry for spreading wrong information.

*Slams the Sarcasm-Sign in the ground*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Its a very complicated thing...i dont have a perfect solution for it.
    Very complicated...its a nightmare...but one of their own creating. Alliance players have called for this since before cata...( can not remember wotlk...so long ago :S).

But i think people are giving too much importance to Horde and Alliance ratio.
    When ratio doesnt matter.....when you make a group yourself to kill Horde.
    You do not get world pvp. You battle some foe's you find on the field. Group pvp is what battlegrounds etc are for.
    And if you make the group the change is there are no horde left to fight because they can either not beat your group size or are no longer in the same shard as you.

And ratio ALSO doesnt matter when you want to do 1v1's in the world.
    If you are smart, you play like a real life hunter.
    You wait for the person to finish the quest and disband (get away from the Horde Pack)
    AND THEN YOU STRIKE! At the right time, when he is alone.
    Ratio does matter....because you CLEARLY do not play world pvp.
    Because you play with this also on during leveling etc. 1 v 1 is again a system for that. And you still can get ganked by groups of horde players ( i have) so i might play nice and only attack players of my level AND 1 v 1. But other people do not.
    Again you do not see the problem its not that alliance players hate pvp. Its the fact we get swarmed. You think ( for some very very weird reason) you only get attacked by 1 person off the same level.

Let me help you out of that dream. This is the checklist of what happend in Legion or BFA in world pvp. You get:
    - attacked by more then 1 person. most of the time 2,3,4 +
    - because of sharding you most of the time have no help.
    - if you get help they are gone.
    - they are most of the time ( if you are leveling or on a alt) much higher then you.
    - they do not hunt you 1 time or 2 times. They make it so you can pretty much just leave the zone because they camp your body and the graveyard. And they will keep killing you.

etc etc.
    You think its normal pvp where you fight and leave as gentlemen/lady's. Its not. It's a gank fest.

So to be honest this solution is only good for people who want to do World Quests casually without worrying about the ratio.
    Nope...you clearly do not get the problem. And world pvp is more then WQ. Its leveling, normal questing, farming etc etc etc