Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What kinda drugs was blizzard on when they decided on the Blood DK nerfs

I get it, Blood DKs were strong in raids, and the kings of m+. I think the bonestorm nerf was a bit heavy but warranted, it was 10 seconds of immunity previously.

But a flat 15% armor nerf is complete bullshit. They hit us with a nerf thats harder than the prot warrior buff but left monks effectively in the same position, still op in raids. I come back this week to do M ghuun with my guild and its extremely noticeable by both myself and the healers how hard im getting beaten up by ghuun, meanwhile our monk is still taking next to 0 damage as always

They nerf 2 other aspects of Blood, and then just throw on a FLAT 15% armor reduction is WAY too much, considering DKs by their playstyle have spiky health pools as it is.

//end rant

If anyone has any other way to justify this heavy of a nerf please enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    I get it, Blood DKs were strong in raids, and the kings of m+. I think the bonestorm nerf was a bit heavy but warranted, it was 10 seconds of immunity previously.

But a flat 15% armor nerf is complete bullshit. They hit us with a nerf thats harder than the prot warrior buff but left monks effectively in the same position, still op in raids. I come back this week to do M ghuun with my guild and its extremely noticeable by both myself and the healers how hard im getting beaten up by ghuun, meanwhile our monk is still taking next to 0 damage as always

They nerf 2 other aspects of Blood, and then just throw on a FLAT 15% armor reduction is WAY too much, considering DKs by their playstyle have spiky health pools as it is.

//end rant

Where's the flat armor nerf?

I haven't noticed a difference yet in key runs

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wanna trade me Death grip for something that Prot Pally has?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

Veteran of the Third war, just gives stamina instead of stamina and 15% armor

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    youre missing the point, yea each class has utility pros and cons, but were still fucking tanks first, we need to live
    what you said is like me asking why dont i have monks transcendence

//end rant

Yeah,they stopped caring about raiding somewhere during Legion,you can see how they made a lot of small changes over time to push m+ above raiding,and it's not going to go the other way any time soon

They think they can actually make m+ into an esport (not gonna happen),so they only balance stuff around it nowadays

Veteran of the Third war, just gives stamina instead of stamina and 15% armor

youre missing the point, yea each class has utility pros and cons, but were still fucking tanks first, we need to live
    what you said is like me asking why dont i have monks transcendence
    They increased the strength coefficient on bone shield to compensate from 40 to 50, so we are squishy as fuck on the pull without stacks and RP

Update: they actually changed it back to 40 a few days ago, which sucks, but we're still fine without it as we scale well with strength and there'll be plenty more on higher ilvl gear
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2018-12-13 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yeah,they stopped caring about raiding somewhere during Legion,you can see how they made a lot of small changes over time to push m+ above raiding,and it's not going to go the other way any time soon

They think they can actually make m+ into an esport (not gonna happen),so they only balance stuff around it nowadays
    its a fucking joke, in any mmorpg BY DEFINITION a raid is the biggest challenge, im actually so unbelievable tired of blizzards shit

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    I started tanking on my DH alt and I couldn't believe how much I missed death grip. Single best ability for a tank in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    They increased the strength coefficient on bone shield to compensate from 40 to 50, so we are squishy as fuck on the pull without stacks and RP

Update: they actually changed it back to 40 a few days ago, which sucks, but we're still fine without it as we scale well with strength and there'll be plenty more on higher ilvl gear
    every tank "scales well with gear" we dont get more healing thru strengh, we just get bone shield armor, just like EVERY other tank. If the bone shield scaling change went through i wouldnt complain

veteran of the third war had its bonus armor (15%) removed when it was changed to be used by all DK specs.

Monks will always be strong just because of how stagger works, they can't nerf monks without flat out making them useless, the only way monks will get toppled from being the #1 raid tank is with a rework and the removal of stagger.

Blood DK's are still gonna be one of (if not the) best m+ tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Monks will always be strong just because of how stagger works, they can't nerf monks without flat out making them useless, the only way monks will get toppled from being the #1 raid tank is with a rework and the removal of stagger.

Blood DK's are still gonna be one of (if not the) best m+ tanks.
    m+ is a joke, if htey want dks to be nerfed in m+ they do things like nerf the healing of bonestorm like they did, but they need to nerf the raw % of damage that stagger delays. and make is so they dont get so much damn CDR on their active mit, literally no one else has that

every tank "scales well with gear" we dont get more healing thru strengh, we just get bone shield armor, just like EVERY other tank. If the bone shield scaling change went through i wouldnt complain
    No that's true, we don't get more healing through strength, we get it through damage taken

It still doesn't matter much in M+. Raids maybe but not so much with M+

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That's only true in a world where total damage taken matter less than how spiky it is.

I keep hoping that we'll go back to a world with constant damage wearing down the raid, testing healer mana.
    The problem is monks will still be the most efficient to heal in that scenario, because you can keep using cheap spells instead of emergency expensive ones on them. Unless they nuke celestial fortune from the orbit so monks will have an ACTUAL tradeoff like "we take more damage overall, you can keep healing more efficiently, but you have to heal more overall", now it's like "we take more damage overall, but just keep healing for usual amount, our passive will double it, so it completely nullifies the downside".

After nearly every progression guild having at least 1 brewmaster, and many having 2 in Uldir, I fully expected them to nuke the spec with nerfs like they did to disc priests. What happened? Slap on the wrist nerf that does absolutely nothing. DKs got nerfed more than the top dog among tanking to the point top players like Jdotb start questioning if it's not the time to start running brewmasters in m+ as well over bdk. Good balance Blizz.

P.S. In before it takes them until after BFA to do anything to brewmaster but they demolish them to the level guardians are now after enjoying 3 tiers of legion.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-12-13 at 05:20 AM.

Marijuana and adderall?

I had to switch back to stoneskin gargoyle, im taking so much more damage in high keys that the dps increase is not worth anymore, and its still not looking much better even then.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-12-13 at 05:39 AM.

Maybe they were vaping when they thought it.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

//end rant

Unfortunately Blizzard is out of touch with their own game and what goes on inside it.

I could deal with the nerf to Bonestorm since I WAS damn near unkillable if I had it up but losing the massive amount of armor and HP hurts us a TON when we're already the spikiest tank in the game. They fooked the pooch bigtime this update.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    when we're already the spikiest tank in the game.
    that is a pretty subjective claim and as a mistweaver healer main i disagree. There are reasons why 60%+ of high key mythic+ runs go with DK tanks that are well beyond the utility of death grip & raise ally. DK has been a medium steady tank with maximum self sustain. Every other tank requires either much attention for spike healing or high sustained hps, while with a DK you can mostly act like hes just another group member.

Now i understand that you dont want to see your raid performance punished for mythic+ balancing. Thats more of an issue for blizzards raid designs tho that often favours very 1-dimensional fights (all healers for the tank available, boss hitting slow and hard melee) that are extremly different from stuff you face in mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    I had to switch back to stoneskin gargoyle, im taking so much more damage in high keys that the dps increase is not worth anymore, and its still not looking much better even then.
    Stoneskin doesn't do much for DK's since the strength from fallen crusader is added to the armor from bone shield.