Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not a fan of cohen only getting 3 years and he doesnt even have to go till march. Like ex-fucking-cuse me you commit treason and felonies galor and you dont go right away while shop lifters do?
    I agree. Should have at least gotten 5-10.

Not a fan of cohen only getting 3 years and he doesnt even have to go till march. Like ex-fucking-cuse me you commit treason and felonies galor and you dont go right away while shop lifters do?
    The big question, just how much did he give up to only get 3 years?

The 3 years if he had just been arrested for this crap would be a slap in the face like the Afluenza teen. But to hear that after cooperating, says he had to be helping a lot and have a lot to give up to get it.

And to be that far out, says he might either be getting even less depending on how he acts or more depending on how he acts.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

The 3 years if he had just been arrested for this crap would be a slap in the face like the Afluenza teen. But to hear that after cooperating, says he had to be helping a lot and have a lot to give up to get it.

And to be that far out, says he might either be getting even less depending on how he acts or more depending on how he acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I agree. Should have at least gotten 5-10.
    The schedule for what he was charged with in court maxed out at 61 months. 2 years off for cooperating with prosecutors towards not just his co-conspirators for those cases, but also mueller's investigation, where he still has criminal legal liability. The stuff about "treason" (it's likely not treason) wasn't even included in these charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The schedule for what he was charged with in court maxed out at 61 months. 2 years off for cooperating with prosecutors towards not just his co-conspirators for those cases, but also mueller's investigation, where he still has criminal legal liability. The stuff about "treason" (it's likely not treason) wasn't even included in these charges.
    Ah, so if he doesn't cooperate, they have the potential to hit him with the other stuff as well.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Ah, so if he doesn't cooperate, they have the potential to hit him with the other stuff as well.
    Again, none of his charges, except the lying to congress ones, were related to the foreign corrupt practices act, conspiracy to defraud the us, or aiding and abetting. Those are much more serious charges, and are basically what mueller is investigating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I think the best thing I read today was someone on twitter saying.

"Why does Cohen only get three years when the rest of us are stuck with four years.
    I'm also digging twitter trolling Cohen over a tweet he made exactly 3 years ago.... talk about karma.

Cohen did delete the tweet, but the internet remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I'm also digging twitter trolling Cohen over a tweet he made exactly 3 years ago.... talk about karma.

Cohen did delete the tweet, but the internet remembers.
    It's a week early, but still fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlybottle View Post
    Damn who needs MSNBC or Fox News. This is best echo chamber ever.

I wonder what the point is though, there is at best one or two people with a different point of view in here lately (brave souls no doubt). So is it just a race to be the first to post links from new articles or is it really that exciting to speculate on things that aren't final yet?

I mean at least Fox and MSNBC have a vested interest to play to their bases and make that money.

Either way it's fun to watch and a lesson in human behavior.
    Look at most mega threads on these forums. Both sides tend to be present. Now consider, as you point out, that one side is suspiciously absent here. Is it because they don't care about this issue? Because I assure you: they do. Is it because they know everything being said in here is wrong? I guarantee you they'd be all over this thread if they thought they could win the argument. Or is it because they know they've lost? Back when the outcome was slightly less certain, plenty of them were still commenting. Now that there's no doubt where things are heading, they've given up on defending their orange mascot.

It's only an echo chamber because that side is cowering in a corner waiting for the inevitable. Sorry, bro. I guess you're one of the few who hasn't gotten the memo.

10+ Year Old Account

Well we know that he revealed the nature of the hush money and who told him to do it. He then probably gave a lot of insight into scummy world of the Trumps. Lots and lots of first hand testimony which can only add to the credibilty of information prosecutors may already have.

Example, Individual-1 says they didn't do x. Cohen says, "uh no, I was right there when you did it and have the receipts." Thats a smocking gun right there. AGs love when you get lead them to bigger targets while making their jobs easier for them - hence the leanancy.

My bet is that Cohen will be doing A LOT more talking before he goes on vacation.

As far as him betting 3 months to self-surrender, its not unheard of. Not the 3 months but 1 month+some change isn't unheard of for sure. They give you time to get you affairs in order before beginning your sentence as long as they don't think you're a flight risk and not considered a danger to others.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Well we know that he revealed the nature of the hush money and who told him to do it. He then probably gave a lot of insight into scummy world of the Trumps. Lots and lots of first hand testimony which can only add to the credibilty of information prosecutors may already have.

Example, Individual-1 says they didn't do x. Cohen says, "uh no, I was right there when you did it and have the receipts." Thats a smocking gun right there. AGs love when you get lead them to bigger targets while making their jobs easier for them - hence the leanancy.

My bet is that Cohen will be doing A LOT more talking before he goes on vacation.

As far as him betting 3 months to self-surrender, its not unheard of. Not the 3 months but 1 month+some change isn't unheard of for sure. They give you time to get you affairs in order before beginning your sentence as long as they don't think you're a flight risk and not considered a danger to others.
    It also gives the incoming Congress two months to call him to testify.
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    It also gives the incoming Congress two months to call him to testify.
    You can subpoena people who are in prison. I'd bet cohen would prefer they did it then just to get a bit of time outside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Thats a smocking gun right there
    High five on that one!

On topic: Cohen's lawyer says Cohen, Trump, and the WH all knew Cohen was going to testify to Congress, that Cohen would do so falsely, and Trump sat on that information. I'm not sure which law that breaks, but, it's yet more evidence that Trump conspired to break the law...which is breaking the law.

Can't wait to see how those written cherry-picked answers go.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    High five on that one!

On topic: Cohen's lawyer says Cohen, Trump, and the WH all knew Cohen was going to testify to Congress, that Cohen would do so falsely, and Trump sat on that information. I'm not sure which law that breaks, but, it's yet more evidence that Trump conspired to break the law...which is breaking the law.

Can't wait to see how those written cherry-picked answers go.
    I wonder about the legality of this information -- I suspect it is legal, because a lawyer revealing it probably knows whether or not he's breaking the law. But Lanny Davis was a former lawyer of Trump. Is this information not protected by attorney-client privilege?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Is this information not protected by attorney-client privilege?
    It's likely Cohen agreed to as much of the "Trump is a criminal" story to be released publicly as he was allowed by the plea agreement. He still wants to talk to the (Democratic) House.

It's likely Cohen agreed to as much of the "Trump is a criminal" story to be released publicly as he was allowed by the plea agreement. He still wants to talk to the (Democratic) House.
    Cohen revealing it is, I suspect, perfectly fine. It's Cohen's lawyer revealing it that surprises me.

I wonder about the legality of this information -- I suspect it is legal, because a lawyer revealing it probably knows whether or not he's breaking the law. But Lanny Davis was a former lawyer of Trump. Is this information not protected by attorney-client privilege?
    If he found out about the information outside of privilege, say, through another client, it doesn't matter if he's also trump's lawyer. In this case, cohen saying he's willing for his lawyer to act as his "communication representative" in this matter, he can release whatever info he wants. There's no attorney client privilege between cohen and trump for illegal actions cohen undertook at trumps orders, nor for cohen sharing with trump that he's going to commit a crime (perjury in this specific case). It applies if a client is seeking legal advice or is being represented in a legal matter, not committing crimes in league with their lawyer.

Correct! But Cohen did not say this:

"At the appropriate time, after Mr. Mueller completes his investigation and issues his final report, I look forward to assisting Michael to state publicly all he knows about Mr. Trump – and that includes any appropriate congressional committee interested in the search for truth and the difference between facts and lies. Mr. Trump's repeated lies cannot contradict stubborn facts."

That was Cohen's lawyer who said that. But um...read that bolded part slowly.
    Oh, man, that's Christmas come early.

https://twitter.com/RobDenBleyker/st...53644608380929

Cohen revealing it is, I suspect, perfectly fine. It's Cohen's lawyer revealing it that surprises me.
    When he flipped he hired a new lawyer who was more than happy to release anything damaging to Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I just realized I misread the article Breccia linked:

The lawyer for Michael Cohen, President Trump's former lawyer, said Trump knew Cohen lied to Congress ahead of time.

Lanny Davis, an attorney representing Cohen in his ongoing legal battles with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, told Bloomberg Radio’s “Sound On" that while Trump did not direct Cohen specifically to lie to Congress, he knew his lawyer's plans and did not direct him to tell the truth.
    @ the bolded: I first read this to mean the lawyer (Lanny Davis) who is Cohen's attorney was also Trump's former attorney.

Ignore my question. I is can't English I s'pose.

I read it similar to: "The dog that belongs to Sarah, who has flees, is really cute."
    When I should have read as: "The dog that belongs to Sarah, who wears pig tails, is really cute."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized I misread the article Breccia linked:

@ the bolded: I first read this to mean the lawyer (Lanny Davis) who is Cohen's attorney was also Trump's former attorney.

Ignore my question. I is can't English I s'pose.

I read it similar to: "The dog that belongs to Sarah, who has flees, is really cute."
    When I should have read as: "The dog that belongs to Sarah, who wears pig tails, is really cute."
    So does this cute Sarah have fleas, pig tails, and a dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.